By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokken won't be called Pokken in Germany because apparently the name is too sick

Is pokken actually a cross between tekken and pokemon? If so that's really cool. I always just thought it was pokemon fighters.

Around the Network

Lmao!

No big deal its just a name, sounds even better now

You people find the smallest details ever.

For god's sake, no one wants their game to have small pox being mentioned all around it.

Customer: Hey, can you help me?
Cashier: Sure, what do you need?
Customer: I need Pokken
Cashier:(slaps man) you sick monster!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

I remember when a game called "Vixen" was renamed to "She-Fox" on Germany.

Now that was funny, this thread is just poor.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network

"Pokken" has always sounded fuckin stupid. Pokemon Tournament would have obviously been the best title to go with.

Doesnt sound like there was any problem. Its a localisation. Pretty much like an MR2 isnt called that in french.

Less QQ please. :P

Well if there is another meaning behind the name Pokken in a different language, it's for the better to change it then

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Should have kept the title. Smallpox is hardcore. Killed more people in the 20th century alone than all that century's wars combined. It's probably the most dangerous pathogen on the planet right now. Think of all the hardcore cred they would have gotten.

Lol I never realized that.