By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Fallout 4 Ships 12 Million, Generates $750 Million

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/fallout-4-ships-12-million-generates-750-million/1100-6432277/

"Fallout 4's launch was a huge success. Bethesda announced today that the game shipped 12 million copies worldwide for launch day alone, "representing sales in excess of $750 million." In addition, the game is generating "record sales" at brick and mortar stores and across Xbox Live, PlayStation Network, and PC."

More at the link.

For comparisons sake, Skyrim launched to 7 Million shipped.

Around the Network

Shipped 12 million physical? Or are they possibly counting the digital sales as a "ship" as well? I can't fathom a company shipping 12 million physical these days.

Neodegenerate said:
Shipped 12 million physical? Or are they possibly counting the digital sales as a "ship" as well? I can't fathom a company shipping 12 million physical these days.

"Shipped" generally tends to mean all physical shipped and digital sold.

So this does include any sales on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

Anecdotally, I've only heard amazing things in regards to its sales. I'm waiting for a GOTY edition.

But hearing "record sales" helps validate their shipped numbers. Success.

Carl2291 said:
Neodegenerate said:

"Shipped" generally tends to mean all physical shipped and digital sold.

So this does include any sales on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

That would make more sense then.  Either way, staggering numbers.  I myself am waiting for the GOTY edition with all the DLC and bug fixes packed in.

Around the Network

holy hell that is A LOT. i wonder how much it will sell through.

Nevermind,

Neodegenerate said:

Why would you ship a digital download? It has to mean physical only right?

Amazing, I presume thats for the rest of the year.

Guess I am not the only one waiting for GOTY edition. These are huge numbers, this must be top seller this year.