By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo changes there mind, Animal Crossing amiibo festival won't be free to download!

Japan loves Animal Crossing so this should get at least 200k sales from there alone. Not sure about the rest of the world.

But yeah, would be nice to have it free digitally and just buy an Amiibo separately to play.

Around the Network

I wouldn't have got it if it was free lol.

They didn't change their mind, it was never stated by any Nintendo rep to be a free download.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Nintendo needs the capital so it makes sense. Good luck selling that outside of Japan though.

I think Nintendo knows that this will only sell to the amiibo collectors and hardcore AC fans. And since the game looks so barebones I can't imagine that they wouldn't make at least a little profit from this whole ordeal.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
They didn't change their mind, it was never stated by any Nintendo rep to be a free download.

This.

That's what we get for buying into rumors. To be fair, the game does apparently have a lot more in it than just the board game. Gamexplain did some videos on it, there's more to it than was originally thought. I do wonder how much the digital game will be though since $60 for the physical gets you a lot more than just the game. Mario Party 10 came at $50 so I wonder if this will go lower. $40? $30?

They are milking the success of New Leaf for all it's worth. Isabelle as a newcomer in Smash confirmed.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

But people buy amiibo for collectable purposes. Not to play games.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:
But people buy amiibo for collectible purposes. Not to play games.

lol, I can relate to this.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."