By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo changes there mind, Animal Crossing amiibo festival won't be free to download!

Well....... I'll be just looking at the sales in Japan.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

This is a terrible decision.Not only the game looks mediocre, but you also need to pay for the amiibos and now the game.I dont think its going to be a 60 dollar game, but even if it was 20 it would be ridiculous.
The game was already a hard sell, and would fail miserabily in my opinion,but being a free digital game it could atract the little interest it could muster and have a real shot at selling more amiibos and card amiibos, but this is absurd and it will be its nail in the coffin.

Nintendo I love you.You make excellent games and masterpieces from time to time, but god, how i hate when you make stupid decisions like this.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Whatever this game is irrelevant

When did Nintendo say that the digital version would be free to download? I don't remember that.

Kids will eat this up, and they are the primary audience for this game. Its little surprise that gaming forum dwellers are going to hate it. My daughter is already pestering me to buy this for her.

Around the Network

You know, this crap would actually work if Nintendo was smarter and released the Wii U back in 2012 already with amiibos. Maybe the console and this shovelware would be much more successful/recognizable.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

zorg1000 said:
They didn't change their mind, it was never stated by any Nintendo rep to be a free download.

^ This.

It only started as a rumor and people decided it was true because the game looked bad.

Also this isn't new. The game was available at least for 1 or 2 months on amazon and the price was 60 then, so Nintendo didn't change their mind.

Yes, it definitely looked that would happen, since the retail version still sells for Game+Amiibo price

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]