By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What do you think you have to do to get to Heaven?

Rock_on_2008 said:
kazadoom said:
That would mean that I believe that men wrote the Bible and I do not. I believe that God wrote it through men, therefore I believe everything in it to be 100% accurate.

@ kazadoom you are a clown. The Bible is nonsense. I believe the bible is 100% BS. If we all shared your views we would all be still living in the Middle Ages.

So kazadoom in your opinion is technology work of the devil?

I'm sorry but what does the fact of the bible being true has to do with technology ... i think you are getting a little out of line there ... You can believe on the bible and accept or use technology and you wouldn't be contradicting yourself 

-- Live only for tomorrow, and you will have a lot of empty yesterdays today--

Tavin:  "Old school megaman is THE BEST megaman"      courtesy of fkusumot :)

My mind has changed. My strength has not.    Kamahl, Fist of Krosa

Around the Network
Tavin said:
Rock_on_2008 said:
kazadoom said:
That would mean that I believe that men wrote the Bible and I do not. I believe that God wrote it through men, therefore I believe everything in it to be 100% accurate.

@ kazadoom you are a clown. The Bible is nonsense. I believe the bible is 100% BS. If we all shared your views we would all be still living in the Middle Ages.

I'm sorry but what does the fact of the bible being true has to do with technology ... i think you are getting a little out of line there ... You can believe on the bible and accept or use technology and you wouldn't be contradicting yourself 

He's referring to the millennium or so where the Church suppressed science and was holding all of western civilization back.  You should see what constituted "medicine" back then.  It's really hilarious.

@kazadoom how much time and money did you waste to get your degree in Bible propaganda?

The Ghost of RubangB said:
Tavin said:
Rock_on_2008 said:
kazadoom said:

He's referring to the millennium or so where the Church suppressed science and was holding all of western civilization back.  You should see what constituted "medicine" back then.  It's really hilarious.

well ... i think we all agree those weren't the best years of the Catholic church  :P  ( i'm no catholic by the way )

@rock on: you could do well by stoping the personal attacks ... he is just expresing his believes ...

-- Live only for tomorrow, and you will have a lot of empty yesterdays today--

Tavin:  "Old school megaman is THE BEST megaman"      courtesy of fkusumot :)

My mind has changed. My strength has not.    Kamahl, Fist of Krosa

^Agreed

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."

Your theories are the worst kind of popular tripe, your methods are sloppy, and your conclusions are highly questionable! You are a poor scientist. Especially if you think the moon landing was faked.

ioi + 1
Around the Network
Profcrab said:
So, what makes Intelligent Design worthy of being taught in school? Because some people believe it even though there is no scientific evidence of it? You have also made a comment out of ignorance. It doesn't sound like you know much about evolution. Evolution has gone far beyond Charles Darwin. The studies of evolution go down to the cellular level. I won't profess more knowledge than I have studied myself (I study geology, not biology beyond what I had to), but you would be well served to talk to a molecular biologist. There are no inconsistancies, there are only gaps in what you can actually find in the fossil record. There is a problem with the fossil record, not all animals live in areas where they are likely to fossilize, and some do not have body structures that fossilize well.

Even though I can't go into detail about the the cellular variations, I can tell you about fossils. Sometimes, in geology we are very lucky and we find certain rocks that do have a specific chemical makeup that allows them to preserve micro-organisms and larger organisms with soft-bodies, like early arthropods and softer planktonic organisms. Are record of marine organisms is much more complete because they live where they are likely to fossilize. Land animals that don't live near water they can be buried in often only fossilize because they were caught in a landslide or some other natural disaster. So, you get a very good record of evolution in the ocean. Fossils are useful to us because we can use them to date rock layers quickly and correlate them with other rock layers around the world. We can see how animals changed in response to their environment and in response to each other.

If you are going to start teaching some people's religious beliefs in school then which one are you going to chose? There are people in New Guinea that believe, or believed, that the world was created by a great mother who gave birth to her son and left him to grow up on the island on his own. When he turned 15 he missed his mother so much that he cried until he filled the oceans, which is why the oceans are so salty, and his mother returned. When she returned they had children and gave birth to all the people of the world. So, there is about as much proof of Intelligent Design as there is of a goddess that had sex with her 15 year old son to beget the world. Which, by the way, had to happen in the biblical explanation since if there are only Adam & Eve, someone had to "know" their brother, sister, mother or father.

Also, stop associating theory with a guess. Theory in science is an explanation for natural phenomena backed up by reliable evidence. Evolution will never be a law of science because laws are natural mechanics, not explanations. For instance, we have laws of gravity which describe gravity's behavior, but how gravity works is a theory.

I know its not popular oppinion but Jesus is the way the truth and the life! 2nd evolution fought its way into the classroom with the same opposition Creationism is getting now! How the tables have turned!

the real issue is what faith based religion are you going to follow best guess hypothisis! were one single cell bacteria appeared by random chance or a meteor from outer space which could be plausible it happened on another planet then the bacteria hit the earth before oxone or oxygen so it could possibly have survived its way here through space and form these small living cells all thing evolved! Or that a creator God Spoke the World into existence for his good pleasure! were the bible makes claims about floods and other things!

Creationism talks about the fossil record and its complaint to evolution is where are the transitionary forms how did the one first living organism come into existence??? A. E. Wilder Smith a Micro biologist talks about the complexity of just one single cell organism! the fact that its just appears is the greatest miracle of all!

I personally believe let the people have the public schools so the social left can train thier recruits about evolution and 10% of all people are gay! and sin doesnt exist its just good or bad behavior!

Why do you think the Homeschool movement has grown so large! Because parents dont need the Goverment and the social left telling them how to raise thier kids!

So just like it makes you mad that people want to get thier view expressed! and be taught on a level playing field it also piss me off all the other garbage that gets pushed out in public schools!

PS a creation view in the bible would'nt offend any Christian group Catholic Protestant ! also Jews Muslims all hold to a Genesis type creation! I could see hindus and budhist having a problem with it but they might have a problem with evolution to!

Just explain how the 1 st living organism came into existance ??

You recreate it in a lab and show us scientifically how it worked! Iam all ears! or would there be conclusive evidence of this or just speculation and best guess???

also these topics make people into serious BUTTHOLES we should stick to games and keep it lighter like flaming on your console sucks BRO!

Chill out Daddo Splat. If you have a Creationist class in school, how are the Hindus and Buddhists going to feel with their cyclical views of time? It's not just Christians vs. Atheists here. There are more religions than you can throw an inconsistent Bible at.

Poe's Law on Daddo Splat?

Daddo Splat said:

Just explain how the 1 st living organism came into existance ??

As soon as you explain how the creation of Adam and Eve could possibly turn into the ever growing human race when the only children they had were two sons.