By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - “I would not bet on a new Jak and Daxter anytime soon” - Naughty Dog

Just let another studio make it.

Around the Network

Naughty Dog is trash...

Could Naughty Dog (or rather Sony) create a 3rd team that was Jak focussed? Aand looked to just keep the style from PS2 and see what sort of simpler story could come from not trying to adultify this franchise. The concept art in the OP looks terrible as new Jak art. The need to not look to further humanise him, go back to the character design concepts. take a leaf from Ratchet and Clank. Insomniac didn;t keep updating the character model to make Ratchet ever more human and dark and edgy. Hell why not go all the way back to the beginning, have Jak travel through some dark energy portal and he goes back to having no voice, and he's back in a pre-industrial reality where his weapon is just stones and a sling. Sometimes going back is the way forward. Hell do a whole Star Trek reboot.

Who in the Sony stable IS keen to make another proper Jak game? If there is a core of enthusiastic people, who have a history with the franchise then let them try.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Dr.Vita said:
WE WANT CRASH BANDICOOT!!!

YES!!!! :D

Why do people keep asking? This is not the first time they said they're not doing it, and I'm sadly sure this won't be the last. If I was hellbent on a new Jak & Daxter, I'd be asking for it to be developed by someone else. Insominac, Media Molecule, hell outsourced to a third party dev. Uncharted and TLOU were better received critically and commercially, and it's clear that they won't be returning to it for a while if ever.

Gamertag, PlayStation Network ID, and Nintendo Network ID: Look at username. Huzzah for originality.  3DS Friend Code: 4038-6546-0886

Currently own PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One, GameCube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, and 3DS

Around the Network

Insomniac should really give it a go.

Vodacixi said:

They have mature to such a high point that they have completly forgotten their origins and they are not able to do a game like Crash Bandicoot or Jak (games focused mainly on gameplay and fun) anymore. And that is pretty sad if you ask me.

I second this, but since they evolved into this, it's better to give Jak to other studio to develop. Like some people already pointed out Insomniac would be the right one.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Crash Bandicoot, Spyro the Dragon, Twisted Metal, Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank, etc. is what made me love the first Playstation and PS2. The fact that a majority of these series aren't around anymore makes me sad.

Bring back Crash Bandicoot! Hell, I'll even settle with a Remake/Remastered Collection.

BraLoD said:
Nogamez said:
Never bet on a one trick pony!

One trick pony? LOL.

Crash triloly + CTR on PS1, HUGE success.
Jak trilogy on PS2, Big success, seems like people still want more considering the topic...
Uncharted trilogy on PS3, HUGE success.
TLOU on PS3, HUGE success.

They basically go with a new trilogy each gen and do great, last gen we got TLOU mixed on Uncharted so we are getting one of their IPs coming to a new system for the first time on 20 years, with Uncharted 4, and they are moving on to TLOU this gen as it should be, maybe even another IP as well, and are set to have a great gen once again.

Yet I have to see someone call Naughty Dog an one trick pony... Yeah, it doesn't get worse than that.

That said it themselves lol we can now only do realism. As in they are NOW a one trick pony. I'm not talking about games them made 15-20 years ago

Once Uncharted 4 ships, it will be full steam ahead for TLOU2 and a new IP.

The PS5 Exists.