By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: PS4 the number 1 in japan again (november)

The PS4,number 1 in Japan again?(month November)

100 % YES! 60 56.07%

Yes, i think. 11 10.28%

No, i think 17 15.89%

100 % no 12 11.21%

see results 7 6.54%

Total:107
jason1637 said:
Teeqoz said:

I think you are forgetting a certain handheld...

Well ps4 has fallout cod and battlefront.

The 3DS has Monster Hunter..... And also Fallout doesn't release in Japan until december.

Around the Network
Shadow1980 said:

#1 for all five major platforms? Unlikely. But it should easily be the #1 home console and the #2 system overall. Here's how every system has sold so far this year in Japan:

You don't have a graph showing cumulative sales by any chance?

Teeqoz said:
jason1637 said:

Well ps4 has fallout cod and battlefront.

The 3DS has Monster Hunter..... And also Fallout doesn't release in Japan until december.

Oh then its hard to tell. I odnt really know how popular star wars is in japan. Also cod is pretty popular there. But monster hunter tho. Still giving it to ps4 by like 5-8k win.

MH X is the first original, mainline game in the series since N3DS launch. So no.

It depends on the MHX boost and how much, if any, lead PS4 has going into that week.

For the past 3 week, PS4 has ever so slightly edged put 3DS in Japan, by around 1k per week. PS4 does have Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed and Star Wars in weeks 1, 2 & 3 so it can possibly build up a decent lead going into Monster Hunter week but I don't think it will be enough.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

I don't think so, 3DS usually gets a good boost this month. December is out of question (especially with MHX). The PS4 is at 22k right now even after a good price drop and bundles, so it'll be interesting to watch november.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

is star wars big in japan ? or dont like japanese people the movies-and star wars-stuff?

LipeJJ said:
I don't think so, 3DS usually gets a good boost this month. December is out of question (especially with MHX). The PS4 is at 22k right now even after a good price drop and bundles, so it'll be interesting to watch november.

Of course... So 100% yes totally prevailed...lol

Maybe it's poster's fault since he  doesn't mention any fact about 3ds or MHX or both, so it's like coercing the 100% yes vote...
MHX was released on the 28th of November... ;)

Well the 3DS just sold over 130K!
And so far in November, i think the 3DS and the PS4 were very close to eachother every week.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

tak13 said:
LipeJJ said:

Of course... So 100% yes totally prevailed...lol

Maybe it's poster's fault since he  doesn't mention any fact about 3ds or MHX or both, so it's like coercing the 100% yes vote...
MHX was released on the 28th of November... ;)

Oh, I knew MHX would release late November, but I believe some of its boost will carry into December, and since December is the biggest month for Nintendo, I ruled out any chance of PS4 outselling the 3DS. Also, looks like I was right, the 3DS already won November!

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won