By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Anime games: Your favourites? What anime should get games?

From memory i think only Naruto games on my PS2 and on the 3DS have been the only Anime games i ever bought. The PS2 one was fun, but the 3DS one was bad.

I would love to see a Fairy Tail X Dynasty Warriors. Since all of the characters have unique abilities, i think it would fun playing as them and beating some baddies. + Its one of my favorite shows =D

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

Dragon Ball Xenoverse is pretty good, but it's also the only anime game I've played, so yeah.

Wii U NNID:  CWegzz
3DS Friend Code:  4210-5277-5484
PSN:  Ronnoc4
Steam:  CWegz

My favourites are Dragon Ball Budokai 3, some Naruto game from PS2 and SAO Hollow Fragment. I would love to see Fairy Tail RPG.

Claymore needs a Dark Souls kinda game.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Berserk would make a good dynasty warriors spinoff
Hellsing would be an interesting first person shooter/brawler

Around the Network

The only anime game I can say I still enjoy is Bleach: 3rd Phantom. Despite some plot holes, the gameplay style and conversation scenes were incredibly addicting. I also liked that the game content was mostly original, so I was able to enjoy the story without knowing how it had to end. I liked it so much I went through two simultaneous playthroughs and made it through the entire post-game challenge to unlock Grimmjow. Even now that I've mostly lost interest in the manga, I still look back on this game fondly.

On that note, I think that's my biggest issue with games based on anime licenses. I might convince myself a game is passable, but when I lose interest in the source material, I realize how terrible the games really are. This has happened with several games I've owned, with Naruto being one of the more recent examples. I suppose the games are targetting fans of said material, so it doesn't really matter, but for me to consider a game good or not shouldn't be reliant on that IMO.

But I guess if had to choose, the series I'd really like to see get a good game adaption would be Fairy Tail, as long as it uses a good amount of original material, so I don't just feel like I'm running through a script of story sequences I'm already familiar with. Considering how the universe is set-up, there's a lot of room for new content without contradicting any of the canon story arcs. I think using a Monster Hunter style setup for mission selection and a good sim aspect, only with less grinding and a simpler combat system, I could see myself enjoying a game like that for years. Considering how the author of the manga actually wrote a manga set in the Monster Hunter universe...it seems like it would be a good fit.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Dragon Ball Budokai 2 and 3, One piece grand adventure

Loved DBZ BT3 on the Wii. Love Ninja Storm games too and I am looking forward to JoJo: Eyes of Heaven.

I would like to see a game for Magi

My favorite Anime-based game would have to be Dragon Ball: Advanced Adventure.

The game is based on the pre-Z series excluding the final Piccolo Junior Saga. It is a lovely mixture of beat em up, platforming, and fighting game elements put together in a way that feels true to the anime. Young Goku controls the way he ought to, most of the better antagonists are represented, and there is plenty of stuff to collect and unlock. I feel that the VS mode should have had more stuff already unlocked at the beginning of the game, but it's otherwise what I'd want from a game with this license.

As for an anime-based game I wish existed, I'm thinking a Gurren Lagann game that takes a few cues from Asura's Wrath.

Love and tolerate.

I want a fairy tail game :P and I've played 2 naruto games on my ds.. I forget what they're called and one on the gameboy forget the name of it also. I haven't played it in forever >_<