By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Skull Reviews: Yoshi's Woolly World (Wii U)

psychicscubadiver said:
Best 2D platformer? Even considering Rayman Legends and DKC: Tropical Freeze?

I'll have to give this game a shot at some point.

For me, yeah. I know many will beg to differ. But so much in this game just clicked for me. Really can't recommend it enough. :)

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Around the Network

Genuinely surprised by the glowing fan reviews for it, I'm a huge Yoshi's Island fan and I'm pretty disappointed with how darn easy the game is. Still co-op is definitely its saving grace.

My only beef with it is that it's rather easy, until you get the extra levels they do offer some challenge for sure! But it's an amazing game still. Love the graphics, love the music and it is just.. comfortable to play :P This is a game I will play the hell out of during Christmas despite finishing it a few months ago.. it's very christmasy :]

Good review!

I'm about halfway through world three at the moment, don't know if I'd say it's a 9/10 game for me (although I'm also pretty hard to please in general) but it is indeed gorgeous and full of personality. The craft aesthetic is pulled off better here than in any other game I've seen.

I actually find the co-op in this harder than in NSMBU, though; there are quite a few spots, especially in hidden levels, where there's not a lot of solid ground to stand on and my partner and I ended up just taking turns attempting the levels.

For me it's probably about a 7.5/10 so far, maybe an 8, which I'd still consider very good.

Yet to pick this up, but it's on the list with Mario Maker. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Around the Network

I like these types of reviews more than what VGC has now (just the plus and minus system but no actual score) Also good job Skull!

Very good review!

Love the layout! In fact, I love it so much that the next time I write a review for something (God knows when that will be though), I'll probably rip off your layout

"I clocked in about 69 hours into Yoshi's Woolly World.." - Skullwaker is Jizz confirmed x )

Reading this review and thinking on it, this does sound like Yoshi's Island, down to the mechanics and the transformations, but with some epic yarn bits in there. I know I'll love this game, but it's just a matter of when I'll get the game.

Good job Skull, haha.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Yoshi Woolly World is great game, its on pair with Yoshi's Island. For me best 2D game this gen, must have game for every Wii U owner and 2D platformer lover.