By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Would a Mario Kart at launch of NX be too soon?

Mario Kart seems to be Nintendos killer app. It appeals to players of all ages and seems to be able to move systems. So part of me thinks it would be wise to launch NX possibly bundled with it. But I also think it might be too soon. Other than putting a better battle mode in it I don't see what they can really improve from Mario Kart 8. I mean even graphically the game is pretty much perfect... Maybe a return to double dash, I know some fans would love that.  So what do you think would it be to soon?

Around the Network

Its not Nintendos only killer app, since Nintendo has many, but i digress...
Wether it would be too soon or not, it would do wonders if it were a launch day/launch window game.It would help sell alot of NX, if the atach rate of Mario Kart 8 is any indication.But Nintendo wont do that, because as you said, its relatively too close to Mario kart 8 and it probably isnt in production, or at least very far from releasing

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

yes it would.

Too soon, a home console Mario Kart needs at least a 3-year development cycle I think. A 2017 spring release is possible. Nintendo will launch the NX with Zelda U and a few months later Pikmin 4.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

I don't think they're going to launch with another Mario Kart. The only thing I feel is guaranteed is a 3D mario.

Wii U NNID:  CWegzz
3DS Friend Code:  4210-5277-5484
PSN:  Ronnoc4
Steam:  CWegz

Around the Network

Not before holiday 2017 in my opinion.

The quality of the MK8 DLC tracks indicates that the full team was working on it.

Alkibiádēs said:

Too soon, a home console Mario Kart needs at least a 3-year development cycle I think. A 2017 spring release is possible. Nintendo will launch the NX with Zelda U and a few months later Pikmin 4.

If Nintendo has the nerve to launch a brand new system with a game that was supposed to be built for the Wii U.... I will not buy that system at launch or ever lol just my personal point of view. They better have something new and completely NX.

illdill1987 said:
Alkibiádēs said:

If Nintendo has the nerve to launch a brand new system with a game that was supposed to be built for the Wii U.... I will not buy that system at launch or ever lol just my personal point of view. They better have something new and completely NX.

Did you buy a Wii?

I think if they're gonna have a Mario game at launch, it'll be the next 3D Mario game. Since if NX is launching holiday 2016, it'll be 3 years since 3D World at that time. Which is an appropriate time between games I feel.
Mario Kart 9, I think it'd be summer or holiday 2017.

When the NX is out during the holidays (2016 or 2017), I think the next Mario Kart should come out a year after the system launches. It would be a great holiday title imo.