By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Halo 5 vs Uncharted 4

Halo 5 vs Uncharted 4 first week

Halo 5 109 27.88%

Uncharted 4 282 72.12%

Total:391
Alkibiádēs said:
Normchacho said:

I've seen people claim ND is solely responsible for the turnaround of the PS3, that they're god and I've seen certain ND fans shit on other companies who make similar games, just because it's not made by ND. It's far from positive and it can be quite toxic. The metacritic statement has nothing to do with this thread either, yet here you are defending it. The thread is clearly about SALES. If I think something is overrated I have every right to say so (it's my opinion after all ;)), maybe you need to learn to relax or avoid gaming forums altogether?

That kind of behavior is certainly not limited to ND and is but a small minority of the fanbase or the conversation that goes on about ND on forums.

His statement wasn't the first to bring up review scores or metacritic, or the second, or the fifth, and yet here you are jumping all over it. I'm not even defending his statement, I'm telling you that the conclusion you drew from it was wrong.

to reiterate, "I think game A will score better than game B" is not the same as "I think game A will be better than game B" 

That is true regardless of the person saying it. A person may even believe both statements, but someone believing one doesn't mean they believe the other.

Of course you have a right to say it's overrated, I never said you didn't. But that does not absolve you from criticism. You're allowed to say pompous things, but they're still pompous.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
Tachikoma said:

One consoles sold close to 15m, ones sold close to 30m, do you honestly think comparing title sales across these platforms is an accurate gauge of the titles popularity?

Yes, how could it not be!?

You craz-eeeeee!

Loosely based on UK sales, I'd assume that Uncharted 4 will outsell Halo 5 both FW and lifetime. It might not be wise that I base my prediction solely on how many units Halo 5 were sold on UK, but it's one of the indicators available for now, including public opinion. So my prediction still stands.

Normchacho said:
Alkibiádēs said:
Normchacho said:

I've seen people claim ND is solely responsible for the turnaround of the PS3, that they're god and I've seen certain ND fans shit on other companies who make similar games, just because it's not made by ND. It's far from positive and it can be quite toxic. The metacritic statement has nothing to do with this thread either, yet here you are defending it. The thread is clearly about SALES. If I think something is overrated I have every right to say so (it's my opinion after all ;)), maybe you need to learn to relax or avoid gaming forums altogether?

That kind of behavior is certainly not limited to ND and is but a small minority of the fanbase or the conversation that goes on about ND on forums.

I didn't claim it was, but this topic is about ND. It's off-topic, but Game Freak is in my opinion the most overrated studio and the way some Pokémon fans treat franchises like Yokai Watch or Digimon is embarrising.

His statement wasn't the first to bring up review scores or metacritic, or the second, or the fifth, and yet here you are jumping all over it. I'm not even defending his statement, I'm telling you that the conclusion you drew from it was wrong.

You want me to quote 5 people independently? His statement was the worst of his kind, so I responded. I don't need to respond to everyone to get my point across. My conclusion isn't wrong, it's spot on considering his history.

to reiterate, "I think game A will score better than game B" is not the same as "I think game A will be better than game B" 

To many it is. Just read the Halo 5 metacritic thread for examples.

That is true regardless of the person saying it. A person may even believe both statements, but someone believing one doesn't mean they believe the other.

Of course you have a right to say it's overrated, I never said you didn't. But that does not absolve you from criticism. You're allowed to say pompous things, but they're still pompous.

I don't think you know the meaning of the word pompous. By saying I'm pompous you're saying I don't have a right to call it overrated.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Threads getting locked because things are quickly descending into nothing but shitslinging competition.