Halo 5 109 27.88%

Uncharted 4 282 72.12%

Total:391
Alkibiádēs said:
Normchacho said:
Alkibiádēs said:
The_BlackHeart__ said:
My prediction:

Uncharted 4 will be another 90+ metacritic game for PlayStation.

XB1 will never have a +90 real exclusive game.

Because metacritic dictates how good a game is of course.

Did he say that? I'm pretty sure he just said the Metacritic will be higher for Uncharted 4 than it is for Halo 5.

Learn to read between the lines.

Learn to avoid putting words in peoples mouths.

Even if he thought Halo was a better game it would be a completely valid prediction for him to say that Uncharted 4 will score above a 90 on Metacritic.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
Normchacho said:

Even if he thought Halo was a better game it would be a completely valid prediction for him to say that Uncharted 4 will score above a 90 on Metacritic.

His post history suggests otherwise. This thread has nothing to do with metacritic, so why bring it up? The OP is clearly talking about sales. Uncharted is overrated as a franchise anyway. Story wise it's not any better than those action movie flicks you see on tv all the time. Gaming critics have always been far less critical than movie critics.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Troll_Whisperer said:
JustThatGamer said:
Uncharted 4's going to need an absolute fuck ton of bundling to outsell Halo 5's first week or lifetime sales, given the series past I guess that's possible. I'd still put my money on Halo 5.

I don't think Uncharted is a very popular series, looking at Youtube views, Google Trends and FB fan pages, it's just not that big really.

The three main entries have sold 21m as of June. That's already 7m per entry if we average sales, but U3 is probably at 9m or above considering the series' growth since U1. That's already not far off Halo. Added to the fact that Halo 5 has seen a big decline, and I honestly think U4 will handily outsell H5.

U3 was fairly heavily bundled though...

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

Before, I was sure it was Halo 5
Now I'm somewhat sure it'll be U4
The UK would have had to have been one of the weakest performing markets for the game for it to be otherwise..and seeing as how it's actually the second best..

PS4 sell through at the end of Q1 2016 should be close to 38.5M. Even an attach ratio as low as 5% would give it a 2M FW. Better review scores will also be another advantage for it.

Alkibiádēs said:
Normchacho said:

His post history suggests otherwise. This thread has nothing to do with metacritic, so why bring it up? The OP is clearly talking about sales. Uncharted is overrated as a franchise anyway. Story wise it's not any better than those action movie flicks you see on tv all the time. Gaming critics have always been far less critical than movie critics.

You're missing the point. It doesn't matter which game he actually prefers. 

"I think Uncharted 4 will be a better game" and "I think Uncharted 4 will score better" are two completely different statements.

Bold: That's kind of a pompous thing to say, isn't it? It's a game series that a lot of people think is really great but because YOU don't like it it's overrated?

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
Normchacho said:
Alkibiádēs said:
Normchacho said:

"I think Uncharted 4 will be a better game" and "I think Uncharted 4 will score better" are two completely different statements.

Bold: That's kind of a pompous thing to say, isn't it? It's a game series that a lot of people think is really great but because YOU don't like it it's overrated?

Not when the person in question constantly takes digs at Microsoft and is pro-Sony. Please tell me what his prediction of "Not a single xbone exclusive will get 90% on metacritic" has anything to do with this thread. It only disrupts the discussion here and it's quite a petty thing to bring up. This thread isn't about metacritic and it's certainly not about games other than Halo 5 and Uncharted 4. Not a pompous thing to say at all. I've seen plenty of people bitch about CoD on this forum without getting backlash from someone. Guess what? Much more people enjoy CoD on an annual basis than Uncharted. Naughty Dog makes good games, but the way people talk about them on the internet is quite honestly sickening. Who said I didn't like it? I like Uncharted just like I like Indiana Jones. Doesn't mean I think Indiana Jones deserves any oscar awards.

Alkibiádēs said:
Normchacho said:
Alkibiádēs said:
Normchacho said:

Not when the person in question constantly takes digs at Microsoft and is pro-Sony. Please tell me what his prediction of "Not a single xbone exclusive will get 90% on metacritic" has anything to do with this thread. It only disrupts the discussion here and it's quite a petty thing to bring up. This thread isn't about metacritic and it's certainly not about games other than Halo 5 and Uncharted 4. Not a pompous thing to say at all. I've seen plenty of people bitch about CoD on this forum without getting backlash from someone. Guess what? Much more people enjoy CoD on an annual basis than Uncharted. Naughty Dog makes good games, but the way people talk about them on the internet is quite honestly sickening. Who said I didn't like it? I like Uncharted just like I like Indiana Jones. Doesn't mean I think Indiana Jones deserves any oscar awards.

Yes, it is still a seperate and exclusive statement.

This other statement has nothing to do with this thread, which is why I've ignored it up to this point. It's only disruptive if you play into it.

It's absolutely a pompous thing to say, just like it's a pompous thing to say about CoD. Just becuase other people do it doesn't make it okay.

Sickening? Sickening. If you really find it so replusive to see people say positive things about a game or developer they like, just because you don't share their opinions, then you need to learn to relax, or maybe just avoid gaming forums altogether.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

Normchacho said:

This other statement has nothing to do with this thread, which is why I've ignored it up to this point. It's only disruptive if you play into it.

It's absolutely a pompous thing to say, just like it's a pompous thing to say about CoD. Just becuase other people do it doesn't make it okay.

Sickening? Sickening. If you really find it so replusive to see people say positive things about a game or developer they like, just because you don't share their opinions, then you need to learn to relax, or maybe just avoid gaming forums altogether.

I've seen people claim ND is solely responsible for the turnaround of the PS3, that they're god and I've seen certain ND fans shit on other companies who make similar games, just because it's not made by ND. It's far from positive and it can be quite toxic. The metacritic statement has nothing to do with this thread either, yet here you are defending it. The thread is clearly about SALES. If I think something is overrated I have every right to say so (it's my opinion after all ;)), maybe you need to learn to relax or avoid gaming forums altogether?

Mystro-Sama said:

I think Uncharted 4 is going to stomp Halo 5 both quality and saleswise.

What do you mean with quality?

Alkibiádēs said:
Normchacho said:

I've seen people claim ND is solely responsible for the turnaround of the PS3, that they're god and I've seen certain ND fans shit on other companies who make similar games, just because it's not made by ND. It's far from positive and it can be quite toxic. The metacritic statement has nothing to do with this thread either, yet here you are defending it. The thread is clearly about SALES. If I think something is overrated I have every right to say so (it's my opinion after all ;)), maybe you need to learn to relax or avoid gaming forums altogether?

Wut ? Metacritic has EVERYTHING to do with this topic, of course. If Uncharted is rated more than 90 on MC, it will sell better than if it's rated 70-80, because it will create hype instead of disappointment (MC only reflects VG sites' reviews and communication about the game...). That's pretty easy to understand.

You don't have to be paranoid ("his post history suggests".... really?), or angry because people really like a developer you don't particularly care for. I couldn't care less about Halo or GeOW, but I'm not angry when MS fans call these games the best console FPS and TPS ever or things like that. I've seen enough people sh*t on Uncharted ("the gameplay is a bad ripoff of GeOW", "it' s a non-game for noobs casual only" for example) to understand the other side of the reactions.

You complain about someone saying (in your opinion) that Uncharted will be better, and then you write "Uncharted is overrated anyway". Good old forum behaviour you're complaining about... 

Do you use the metaphor with the hospital and charity in english? (maybe it's just in my language, too bad, it would be perfect here)