By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Halo 5 vs Uncharted 4

Halo 5 vs Uncharted 4 first week

Halo 5 109 27.88%

Uncharted 4 282 72.12%

Total:391
foodfather said:
quisuis said:
uncharted 4 will be better, aint hard with a crap story halo 5 have and with a 4h story mode in normal mode...

Its closer to 7 hours,  bit I see your one of these...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahRDm9Bwlyc

4 hours 30 minutes

As for the topic of this thread: I think Halo 5 will sell better globally in the US, but will lose globally in the Earth. Uncharted just has had amazing legs, Drake's Fortune is the definition of legs!

Edit: Halo probably wins first week sales.

Around the Network

Another nonsensical comparison. If we're going to compare biggest franchises of hardware makers why not add Nintendo as well? ;)

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

I dont know anymore. I would say halo but the UK sales seem a bit low so ill just wait til we get official numbers and make my prediction later. Tag

Normally I would say Uncharted (I'm a big ND fan) but given how Uncharted 4's development was (departure of important figures 3/4 in the development of the game!)

Still the demos of the game have been very weel received so far and it (Uncharted 4) looks awesome, ND are at the top of their trade right now and I would be surprised if the game was less than stellar... which is something that cannot be said of Halo 5, the reception is good, but not amazing... To bring in more oil to the fire I will go as far as saying that the xbox one has no 'must have' exclusive, real console seller so far, nothing that scored above 90 in metacritics, something that is completely undeniably "great"... I think the only new AAA game that did this so far this gen is Bloodborne!obviously the next exclusive game expected to reach this kind of score is Uncharted 4, TR won't do this for sure...

Oh wait, Ori and the blind forest maybe? but this is on PC as well...

jason1637 said:
I dont know anymore. I would say halo but the UK sales seem a bit low so ill just wait til we get official numbers and make my prediction later. Tag

MS PR would have been blabbing about it and the twitter sphere would have been in flame with all the fanboys re-tweets!

Around the Network
alabtrosMyster said:
jason1637 said:

MS PR would have been blabbing about it and the twitter sphere would have been in flame with all the fanboys re-tweets!

Well halos fw ended yesterday so we should give it time.

I am sure if Uncharted have split screens multiplayer split screens they will beat Halo 5 sales in one hours easily (joke).

But seriously the console base is different, i bet world wide is uncharted territory while US is more of Halo, and also PS4 will have a bigger number solely on the amount of consoles it has on the market. But for a longer sales period Halo will be bigger then Uncharted. But both platform will have less then their predecessor due the series fatigue. I could be wrong, but anything can happen.

Insidb said:
At this point, we should expect UC4 to outsell H5, just based upon the sales of UC3 (~6.7M) and H4 (9.5M), on the respective install bases (launch year totals of ~61M vs. ~74M, respectively). Those number represent attach rates of 11% and 13%, respectively. Right now, PS4 has effectively outsold the X1 at a 2:1 margin, which is far more significant than the total volume differential (if we're matching them against LTD console sales and not launch years). UC4 just has a much smaller hill to climb this generation, and any other advantages that it may get will make the climb that much easier.

I'm agree with you

Lol Uncharted was never really know for first week sale if I remember correctly...
So no first week goes to Halo but maybe because of the huge PS4 install base Uncharted 4 lifetime might get ahead of Halo 5

According to reports, Halo 5 outsold the MCC by 50% in the UK. If we stretch that worldwide, Halo 5 is selling about 1.6 million FW. While that's more than any Uncharted game to date, that's pretty low for Halo and very close to TLoU did. With ND's extended star power among fans after TLoU, and the Uncharted audience being potentially much higher because of the Xbox exodus, I can see Uncharted winning FW. Worldwide there's no question. The reviews for 5 aren't looking too too hot, so there'll be some slight backlash for that. Plus Uncharted is going to be marketed to all hell and bundled, whereas MS is going for a "look at all our games" marketing strategy instead of any one game. 

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!