By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo Wii is a good first ever console.

For those who are new to video games previously non-gamers, be it man woman or child. The Nintendo Wii with its easy, casual gameplay experience is a fantastic introduction to the world of video games. There are a lot of different games available on the Nintendo Wii and of the three consoles available it appeals to a wider audience. Both XBox 360 and PS3 are relatively expensive consoles that are HD gaming, appealing more to hardcore gamers. Nintendo games focus less on animated violence and provides an enjoyable gameplay experience. The Nintendo wii appeals to both hardcore and casual gamers a like. The games on Nintendo Wii are easier to play and attracts people to the console with the motion controller.

Hey people discuss what you think about this idea and provide recommendations. 

Around the Network

With a free game being bundled with console, Wii Sports that game alone show how fun the Nintendo Wii can be. Throw in Super mario Galaxy, Super Smash Brothers Brawl, Wii Play that comes bundled with the purchase of an extra controller, Guitar Hero 3 bundled with two guitars, many other games on the market.
the nintendo Wii is a great console for a person who has never played video games before or for a gamer who wants to experience something new.

"The games on Nintendo Wii are easier to play and attracts people to the console with the motion controller."

I love this, your esentially calling these people dumb, and that they are incapable of playing harder games, but then again the reason most didn't play games in the past was because the controller was to hard for them to learn.

jake_the_fake1 said:
"The games on Nintendo Wii are easier to play and attracts people to the console with the motion controller."

I love this, your esentially calling these people dumb, and that they are incapable of playing harder games, but then again the reason most didn't play games in the past was because the controller was to hard for them to learn.

no, u are calling them dumb from up on that elitist perch you are standing on

they didn't play games because they didn't WANT to learn the button combos...it isn't that they are incapable of playing harder games but that they don't have the DESIRE or MOTIVATION to do so

u really believe that non-gamers are dumber than gamers or that non-gamers simply are too dumb to learn how to use a gamepad or to play harder games?

amazing

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp

Water is wet, it's good for both drinking and cleaning with, but is also used for other sanitation uses as well. Its freezing point is 0 celcius and its boiling point is at 100 celcius. Water covers a majority of the earth's surface and our body is roughly 3/4 composed of water. Water allows us to have things like swim, and have water balloon fights and squirt gun battles.

discuss what your thoughts are on the matter.

Sorry, Rock, it's just a matter that you posted, and pretty much brought ABSOLUTELY NOTHING new to the issue. The only points you raise are ones that have been debated past the point of it being able to be debated about. And it's not like you even go hyperbole. Yes, it's a good system, if you had said it was the best, there might be cause for debate, but just saying it's a good system is pretty much standardly accepted.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

Around the Network

This is so retro... I feel like I'm back in 2006! ;)

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Wii has sold more than its rivals by a far bit and has a large amount of the current generation market share. This will lead to more developers pumping games out for the Nintendo Wii and making more profits with the Wii being a lot cheaper to develop for than its competitors. I wonder how long it takes to churn out a Nintendo Wii game from scratch? I say a year or two years tops? I have no idea. I know both PS3 and XBox 360, some of their titles have been in development for years.

Rock-On....Master Stealth Troll.

Just say what you want to say Rock....and realize that we are all smart cookies here. If there is one thing we have learned from watching the console race, it is how to detect PR spin or simple bullshot. So your veiled attacks at the Wii (for who knows what juvenile reason) serve no other purpose than to show either how little you respect our intelligence...or conversely, how.....much you like pasta rigatoni.

its going to get real messy here

super_etecoon said:
Rock-On....Master Stealth Troll.

Just say what you want to say Rock....and realize that we are all smart cookies here. If there is one thing we have learned from watching the console race, it is how to detect PR spin or simple bullshot. So your veiled attacks at the Wii (for who knows what juvenile reason) serve no other purpose than to show either how little you respect our intelligence...or conversely, how.....much you like pasta rigatoni.

Master Stealth Troll lol. A great title indeed. I ask who on here is not a troll/fanboy? If you say your not well..... hmmmm I believe you. super etecoon I say you a PS fanbot. Damn your a Nintendo fanboy.