By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - More PC gamers as mods/staff

zero129 said:
Lawlight said:
pokoko said:
It does seem to be true that PC gamers do not have any of the protection afforded to console gamers, which does seem awfully unfair. There are no repercussions for insulting PC gaming and, by extension, those who play on PC. I'd like to see that addressed, even if just superficially.

I play about 50/50 between console and PC but the double standard makes me not want to talk about PC gaming as much.

How is insulting PC gaming the same as insulting a person?

Exactly where did you get person from? unless you think insulting a console is the same as insulting a person??.

Anyway, insulting any system here should be banned or allowed for all!.

And also spreading false facts and lies about a system repeatly should also be classed as a trolling and trying to start flame wars act and should be banned in such a way. Same excuse the mods use for backseat modding something i think is silly since if the mod isnt doing their job well then clearly they should be glad for a user to take it on themselfs.. I could understand if the only comment from that user in the whole thread was "Im going to report you", but when that user has been engaging in discussion, and the person thats trolling is just trolling. Then clearly the mods should be able to see who should be banned and who should be warned.

But clearly on this site the pc user gets banned well the console user who is trolling gets to walk away.

Uh, from pokoko's post where he says insulting PC gaming insults those who play PC by extension.

Also, insulting an inanimate object should be banned? So someone cannot make a thread saying "public transport sucks"?

As for what is true or not about a person, that is up to the person. PC gaming is cheap. PC gaming is expensive. Which one is true?

Around the Network
StarOcean said:

I've learned the behavior of quite a few of you guys. You in particular, I am well versed in it's always interesting watching how users interact with one another

If you think you know me, wait till you figure me from outside this forum =P.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

StarOcean said:
If a person earns their position to become a mod they'll become one. We're not making purposeful equal amounts of mods for each fan faction to suit the needs of some weird affirmative action. Plus this site is made FOR console sales, PCs don't often come into the equation for that reason. Plus there are PC mods, Tachi, me, Miguel, Blue, and a few others use PC regularly. Right now Im playing through Undertale

Plus I'm primarily a handheld gamer and yet theres like maybe 1 other mod (if that) that primarily handheld games. Am I pissy about it? No. It's a non issue just like this threads topic

Wow.  Okay.  Noted.  I guess that answers that.

Wow.

Lawlight said:
pokoko said:
It does seem to be true that PC gamers do not have any of the protection afforded to console gamers, which does seem awfully unfair. There are no repercussions for insulting PC gaming and, by extension, those who play on PC. I'd like to see that addressed, even if just superficially.

I play about 50/50 between console and PC but the double standard makes me not want to talk about PC gaming as much.

Seriously?

"Consoles are dumbed down and simplified.  Console gaming is inferior experience that is grounded in mediocrity.  Console gaming is like Dr. Suess and PC gaming is Stephen King."

See?  Say that for real and people will get angry and offended.  It's extremely easy to insult by extension.

Has it really been that way? Both sides should be moderated. If it's an issue, those doing it should def be reported.

Though maybe PC elitist has become a light hearted joke towards the PC group, because honestly PC kind of trumps consoles in performance overall, haha....

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network
pokoko said:
Lawlight said:

Seriously?

"Consoles are dumbed down and simplified.  Console gaming is inferior experience that is grounded in mediocrity.  Console gaming is like Dr. Suess and PC gaming is Stephen King."

See?  Say that for real and people will get angry and offended.  It's extremely easy to insult by extension.

To be honest, I disagree about that being an insult by extension. "Consoles are dumbed down and simplified. Console gaming is inferior experience that is grounded in mediocrity. Console gaming is like Dr. Suess and PC gaming is Stephen King." It's an opinion about something that's entirely subjective. The only reason why some might feel affended is because they are emotional attached to "consoles" or "PC".  "Anything said about it that's bad is an insult to me or my character" That is simply just someone who can't handle criticism about something they are overly attached to.

An insult by extension is something like "Trump is an egotistical fool who has racist beliefs and anyone would vote for him has the same mindset or belief system." 

Diablerie said:
I banned myself to lurker status for 3 years and I mostly play PC only...coincidence?

Same here.
The atmosphere here can be downright disgusting for a PC gamer.
Hence why the largest gaming community is pretty much non-existent on this website/forum, in-fact many enthusiast PC forums find this place to be a laughing stock.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:
Diablerie said:
I banned myself to lurker status for 3 years and I mostly play PC only...coincidence?

Same here.
The atmosphere here can be downright disgusting for a PC gamer.
Hence why the largest gaming community is pretty much non-existent on this website/forum, in-fact many enthusiast PC forums find this place to be a laughing stock.

The only PC enthusiasts who find this place to be a laughing stock are people who cannot stand seeing their precious platform not being hailed as the best and greatest. They're offended actually.

I'm a PC gamer and I'd go as far as saying my pc outspecs just about anyone else's on these forums, but that shouldn't matter, a moderators job as a whole only depends on a key topic or section when they're assisting with posts or fact checking, outside of a moderators experience with the topic at hand, whether they're a PC gamer, PC fan or not at all, doesn't change the fact that the majority of infractions by users are down to the users actions and not the topic at hand.

People flaming each other is still people flaming each other, regardless of the topic that spawned that attitude towards one another, people trolling, spamming, posting personal attacks or otherwise breaking general forum rules can be spotted here just as easy as anywhere else on the forum, regardless of the moderators experience in PC.

The only real difference is that the PC area is significantly quieter than the console sections, as such there are less users to report things they find inappropriate, and in turn, less attention is drawn to possible infractions for moderators to deal with.

As with anywhere else on the forum, if you feel someone's post warrants moderation, report it.

That's all.

Well i think is not about PC gamer or not, i am a gamer that play games on PS4 and PC equally, and mobile gamer with my 3DS most and iOS and i get equally banned. If i am wrong or if there is a mood that can judge me fairly, i do respect them, maybe they can just be bias, it's normal. But in my case it's hard to convey my true expression,because i am not from a country that speak English, and most of the time the mood see me as troll or flame baiting.
But that's normal and i am learn to accepted it. Just don't stick to Internet world and depend so much on VGC, if you get banned or treated unequally you do have a lot place to visit.