By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fallout 4 Review Thread - MC: 87/ GR: 88.32%

Tagged games:

Dang, when it was 90 I thought it was a fantastic game, but now that it is fallen to the 80s I see that is not the case.

Seriously though, getting mostly good scores so far, which is great. I was going to bet that it would get an 88...but I didn't. I was a coward. I realize that now...

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Around the Network

I find it rather surprising that PS4 has the highest number of reviews, normally when a game has some marketing exclusivity the review copies that get sent out are for the platform that has the marketing exclusivity, e.g. ACU has 59 Xb one reviews and 40 PS4 reviews.

Did bethesda take a different approach and just send review copies out according to what the reviewer wanted? The PC version even has a reasonable number of reviews at 19.

What are the lower end scores mostly for? Are they for actual game elements people aren't really liking much, or is Fallout actually getting a bit of stick for the technical issues? It is interesting that the one version that drops to 0fps has a metascore a smidge higher than the other platforms.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:
I find it rather surprising that PS4 has the highest number of reviews, normally when a game has some marketing exclusivity the review copies that get sent out are for the platform that has the marketing exclusivity, e.g. ACU has 59 Xb one reviews and 40 PS4 reviews.

Did bethesda take a different approach and just send review copies out according to what the reviewer wanted? The PC version even has a reasonable number of reviews at 19.

What are the lower end scores mostly for? Are they for actual game elements people aren't really liking much, or is Fallout actually getting a bit of stick for the technical issues? It is interesting that the one version that drops to 0fps has a metascore a smidge higher than the other platforms.

The only reason for low scores is because of technical issues and feeling "too familiar". None of the lower scores are about poor gameplay or anything like that.

I find any reviews that gave this game a 10 out of 10 (or any other form of perfect score) insulting, it has severe technical problems, give it a good score saying its fun, OK, but a perfect score makes absolutly no sense. The games flaws arent even subjective, framerate issues, crashes and feezes arent someones opnion, neither are super poor graphics. Gameplay is the most important part of any game but its not the only one, a game is a whole package and part of that package is the graphics and how a game runs.

lol Obsidian not getting those royalties with that metascore.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Wright said:

Damn, dropped a bomb there.

A Giant Bomb, one could say.

You're both terrible. 10/10.

Goodnightmoon said:

Looks like I was right :P

It´s a good score. I´m enjoying the game quite a bit.

I hope those rumours and harsh criticisms about all the dumbing down aren't true.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

It's at 87 now. My original prediction is way off (94).

It should haven gotten a 70 to 75.