By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazon US November monthly bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion.

UltimateGamer1982 said:

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=187099769

Before and after from someone at Best Buy. 

lol damn.

Around the Network

I went to best buy yesterday and saw more ps4 available for sale so on that alone, assuming both have the same shipment level, xbox 1 should win. On the other hand, while I was there saw 3 different dudes grabbing a ps4 bundle while didnt see anyone grabbing a xb1 which makes me wonder if sony shipped more ps4 than MS.

accidnetal double post

Playstation_awaiter said:
makes me wondered how this back friday turned out, aron isnt boasting about being number 1.

awe shit, I meant to edit it my post since I meant he isnt boasting about being number 1, and accientally made another post isntead.

UltimateGamer1982 said:

Meh, for all we know that had plenty of XB1 stock in the back.

Around the Network
poklane said:
UltimateGamer1982 said:

Meh, for all we know that had plenty of XB1 stock in the back.

True but another post from a guy yesterday said the front had a pallet of about 25 ps4s and 10 minutes later were all gone. Another pallet in the back of the store had 50-75 and when he left 20 minutes later, the same pallet had only 10-12 left. 

Another person said every person in line had a ps4 in hand. 

All anecdotal but interesting regardless. 

BraLoD said:

This weekend end with Sunday and Cyber Monday is actually really big.

The data provided by NPD will be used on reports as December data.

Let's say we have a close December with the XBO winning with 20k, but the PS4 actually selling 30k more than the XBO on this last November days, the report will be having PS4 winning, when the XBO actually sold more on December itself.

Sony will be able to claim victory on their PR with "official" December data to back it up while it actually sold less in December.

Yeah, NPD has the tracked weeks clear, but it'll be claimed as December.

So it can go to the wrong side, meaning PR rights to the loser of December sales.

Thanksgiving to Cyber Monday is like a single event when consumism boosts considerable, break a monthly report between it is kinda wrong IMO, and I know they have it set, it's not like their are trying to create a problem, but it could really be split another way.

Please help me understand (I showed up late.) What is the last day for NPD reporting for December?

BraLoD said:
CosmicSex said:

Please help me understand (I showed up late.) What is the last day for NPD reporting for December?

December or November?

November ends today for NPD.

Okay so you are saying that if Xbox sells more Cyber Monday, it wont be counted because that will be apart of the December reporting period?

Which is kinda messed up because its still November.

BraLoD said:
CosmicSex said:

Okay so you are saying that if Xbox sells more Cyber Monday, it wont be counted because that will be apart of the December reporting period?

Which is kinda messed up because its still November.

Yes, both the PS4 and XBO will start accounting for December from tomorrow.

It's understandable as they take a weekly tracking approach, so when doing monthly reports you just have to take some days from other month here or there as months have usually 30 or 31 days and weeks will just stack up to 28 or 35 days.

But considering those two next days are still a continuation of the trend that started with Thanksgiving and account for a considerable amount of sales, it's just stupid to choose to take the week here and not on December.

It's their model, but I would rather have their give priority to a trend and don't break it apart on their reports than they sticking blindly to their pre-scheduled model.

Something nobody else seems to agree around here, though, so seems like NPD is doing it right...

NPD does, as far as I know, not break down sales into weeks (much less a few days) so all sales in this current "sales trend" would be masked by the data from the rest of the month, so there is no real advantage for Sony/MS/Nintendo/other video game publishers in the sales being counted in november instead of december.

BraLoD said:
Teeqoz said:

NPD does, as far as I know, not break down sales into weeks (much less a few days) so all sales in this current "sales trend" would be masked by the data from the rest of the month, so there is no real advantage for Sony/MS/Nintendo/other video game publishers in the sales being counted in november instead of december.

Not what I meant, just that they go either 4 or 5 weeks as the tracking period, though.

I know. I was talking about you saying they should include the rest of the trend, and I'm saying to you that they can't specifically see which sales were a part of that trend, so there is no real reason for changing their tracking period, as it doesn't benefit anyone.