By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazon US November monthly bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion.

tokilamockingbrd said:
kurasakiichimaru said:

I wonder what role could the PS2 emulation talks do for PS4 next month?

not too much. BC highly hyped by core fans and such, but the general fanbase could careless.

It's different for PS2 though since the library is so large mostly games were probably uncharted and remained as hidden gems, I could see a lot people are gonna be really willing to try the games they didn't play or replay the games they played for trophies and the improvements of  the games. PS2 free on PS+ too would make a killing too or on consoles special download code like the Battlefront Ones.

Around the Network
kurasakiichimaru said:

I can't imagine who would actively buy a new console for half-assed and patchy BC. I don't care how much they hype it up.

RJ_Sizzle said:
kurasakiichimaru said:

I can't imagine who would actively buy a new console for half-assed and patchy BC. I don't care how much they hype it up.

DF analysis had like 500k views after news broke out. Not Earth Shattering but PSN did used to enjoy FFVII being the most downloaded game. Plus Sony will easily make  a way to work their nostalgia magic in our heads. They are so good at using nostalgia to increase mindshare which in my opinion the xbox lacks.

BraLoD said:
Teeqoz said:

Well hey, it seems like some people here are seriously complaining about NPD's schedule *cough*BraLoD*cough*

Yup, I'm serious.

Really stupid decision, some big amount of sales of one month going to another, if we have a close month this may decide it to the wrong side, what is a hit to a job who is supposed to be of quality.

If PS4 keeps showing a better envyronment now, but in December MS gets more agressive and we have a better December for the XBO than to the PS4, NPD can end going to the PS4 anyway because of this considerable amount of sales coming from a another month. Or vice-versa.

It just doesn't make tracking sense, at all. It may do schedule sense, but that should not be the priority.

The wrong side? The side that wins is the side that sells the most during the tracking period. There's no wrong or right about it. The side that wins BF likely wins November, so if there is any sort of right and wrong about it then it's that. And BF is being countes for Nov so there's really nothing to get excited about.

Maintaining a fixed pattern of data collection for each month keeps things objective with no chance of data manipulation to give the appearance of favouring any platform. SOmetimes the breakdown comes out in favour of one platform, other times it comes out in favour of the other.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

WoodenPints said:
Sagemode87 said:

Sony may even permanently lower the price to $300 permanently. If that happens, the PS2 days will be back in full effect. 

It's possible as the $50 price drop last month didn't have the massive impact they would probably of been hoping for but maybe pre-orders for the November bundles caused that, Could also see them offering a $350 NDC + a free $50 game until christmas instead as an alternate to a permanant drop to $300 effectivly selling at $300.

Sony may not have expected massive. But still PS4 went from 29.3M shipped to 30.2M sold through in less than 2 months, without the aid of Black Firday. I would say the $50 price cut had its effect, it's just that VGC didn't pick it up.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

http://blog.infoscout.co/black-fridays-top-sellers-by-retailer-did-apple-ipad-throw-in-the-towel-against-the-amazon-fire/

Infoscout report on BF. Only thing about consoles is the PS4 (NDC) being the top earner at Best buy, rest is other electronics
The post about consoles in specific (giving us a better idea than this) should come tomorrow, like last year.

Roronaa_chan said:
http://blog.infoscout.co/black-fridays-top-sellers-by-retailer-did-apple-ipad-throw-in-the-towel-against-the-amazon-fire/

Infoscout report on BF. Only thing about consoles is the PS4 (NDC) being the top earner at Best buy, rest is other electronics
The post about consoles in specific (giving us a better idea than this) should come tomorrow, like last year.

Nice, Amazon, now Best Buy. Hoping other retailers pull through.

It's Tidux, so take it with a grain of salt:

mornelithe said:
It's Tidux, so take it with a grain of salt:

Please don't post that shiz.

Or do it in the PS community thread where everyone will mock Tidux before going back to mocking gooch

binary solo said:

I would say the $50 price cut had its effect, it's just that VGC didn't pick it up.

Huh? VGC overtracked PS4 sales for October, when the price cut appeared...