By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazon US November monthly bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion.

BraLoD said:
Insidb said:

What do you think happened to his horses...?

http://giphy.com/gifs/fm4WhPMzu9hRK/html5

Around the Network

So far it seems a very comfortable November win for Sony. December should be roughly the same.

I was at GameStop today and it looked like Sony bought the whole store. There were uncharted and Star Wars and cod PlayStation signs and box displays everywhere. Haven't seen that much PlayStation store advertising since the ps1/ps2 days.

BraLoD said:
Why can't people learn MS has the month in the bag??

Geez!

same people who were stating sony had october in the bag are saying the same this month. lmao, reality is going to smack on the face like a pizza in the sky.

X1Gates said:
same people who were stating sony had october in the bag are saying the same this month. lmao, reality is going to smack on the face like a pizza in the sky.

I think you're the one who need a dose of reality. :p

I fail to see why people's opinion of Sony having this month in the bag seems so bizarre to you. It's not a strange opinion at all when you consider current statistics. Of course, the month isn't over yet, and anything can happen, but it's a very plausible outcome.

Comparing it to last month's claims doesn't make much sense. While some were claiming that Sony had it in the bag in October, it really wasn't as clear-cut as some were thinking, because they were both pretty close. The Halo 5 pre-orders  definitely helped the Xbox One.

November is a completely different animal. Sony has been dominating the charts so far this month, while having September and October pre-orders of the limited edition SWBF bundle, and October pre-orders of the standard SWBF bundle and COD bundle added to this month, greatly increasing its lead.

In order for Microsoft to overcome this lead and win the month, they wouldn't just have to win Black Friday, but to completely crush Sony on Black Friday, which doesn't seem likely, considering they don't have the major price advantage they had last year. With all that mind, predicting that Sony has it in the bag, doesn't seem like a farfetched opinion.

By the way, you haven't said anything useful in this thread so far, except for saying incredibly odd things and ignoring facts. There's nothing wrong with having a different opinion, but at least base it on some factual sales data, because after all, this is a sales thread.

Around the Network
X1Gates said:

I said MS had October and that Sony has November. I suspect you won't even be around when the pizza falls

6 hours after last update:

#09 PS4 Star Wars Standard Bundle (same)
#10 PS4 Black Ops Bundle (same)
#21 XB1 Gears Bundle (same)
#28 XB1 Fallout Bundle (up 2)
#50 PS4 Nathan Drake Bundle (up 7)
#70 PS4 Star Wars LE Bundle (down 18) [out of stock]
#80 XB1 Three Games Bundle (down 8)
#100 WU Mario Kart Bundle (down 2)

PS4 - 4 bundles, 4 in the top 100
XB1 - 9 bundles, 3 in the top 100

XB1 Deals:

Gears Bundle (reduced to $326)

PS4 Deals:

None at the moment

The PS5 Exists. 

X1Gates said:

That's not the case at all. Nearly all of the people in this thread are people who either still gave it to MS because of Halo preorders or gave it to Sony with reservations because of the Halo preorders. My first comment in Octobers NPD, even though I'd given it to Sony, was 'I still haven't got a clue who's going to win lol.' MS need a hell of a lot sales OVER Sony on Black Friday to turn this month around but I can't see how the hell that's going to happen. We're betting on a whole month of dominance and you're basing it on ... well, I don't know what you're basing it on ... Black Friday? And by the way, Sony DID sell more consoles in October so Amazon was right. It was clearly only the preorders that gave MS the win, unless you believe that they had less than 27k preorders for Halo 5 in THREE MONTHS.

The PS5 Exists. 

X1Gates said:

I can't remember anyone said that Sony had October in the bag. Many people said it would be close. I for one started out the october month thinking Xbox would win,but at the end of the month i didn't even know what to belive. Halo 5 pre-orders gave Xbox the victory. This month Sony has been in the lead all the way,and got several months of pre-orders to back it up. Logic tells me that Sony will win this month. 

3 hours after last update:

#08 PS4 Star Wars Standard Bundle (up 1)
#12 PS4 Black Ops Bundle (down 2)
#27 XB1 Gears Bundle (down 6)
#28 XB1 Fallout Bundle (same)
#52 PS4 Nathan Drake Bundle (down 2)
#80 PS4 Star Wars LE Bundle (down 10) [out of stock]

PS4 - 4 bundles, 4 in the top 100
XB1 - 9 bundles, 2 in the top 100

XB1 Deals:

Gears Bundle (reduced to $326)

PS4 Deals:

None at the moment

The PS5 Exists.