By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fallout 4 Gameplay Leak (Text, not video - beware of gameplay spoilers)

Tagged games:

So disappointed about the dialogue system. One thing that I loved about New Vegas was that you could talk your way through most of the game.

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:
I hope the story is good, settlements don't sound great to me. I'm not there to settle, I want to explore and move on. I hope settlements are optional and can be ignored. And too bad the dialogue system is going backwards. Expectations reined in, still excited to get back in the Fallout universe.

I'm sure there will be at least basic housing you can use.  If nothing else, there will be a million housing mods within a month, some of which will be absolutely amazing.

zumnupy10 said:
No changes were needed in the dialogue system imo. The one of FO3 and FNV and was already good enough.

Disagree x1000.  It wasn't god awful, but good lord it a cheaper system than even indie games and it looked rediculously silly.  

Every conversation was a needless reminder that this is a silly game where people awkwardly jog toward you and then have their bodies freeze in time while their seemingly disembodied head talks to you with dead-on eye contact.

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

Eddie_Raja said:
zumnupy10 said:
No changes were needed in the dialogue system imo. The one of FO3 and FNV and was already good enough.

Disagree x1000.  It wasn't god awful, but good lord it a cheaper system than even indie games and it looked rediculously silly.  

Every conversation was a needless reminder that this is a silly game where people awkwardly jog toward you and then have their bodies freeze in time while their seemingly disembodied head talks to you with dead-on eye contact.

Well, they could have revamped the way NPC interacts with you, but that doesn't mean ditching the "I say what I want to say" thing. This "idea" system from Mass Effect voids a lot of choice, and judging by this player's experience, doesn't allow room for much.

Eddie_Raja said:
zumnupy10 said:

Bethesda fixed that in Skyim.  But this wasn't really an issue and going with a system similar to ME doesn't look good to me.

Around the Network
zumnupy10 said:
Eddie_Raja said:

Bethesda fixed that in Skyim.  But this wasn't really an issue and going with a system similar to ME doesn't look good to me.

It wasn't at all fixed in Skyrim lol!!!  It just was a LITTLE less dumb.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
" There have been a few framerate dips here and there "

Oh god , another rpg that cant have a steady framerate, it those visuals this is fucking lame, it should be 60 fps and its not even 30 fps all the time...

Just get it on PC like a smart person.

No offense but I find it insane that some people would get this on console over PC.  It's almost as bad as  choosing Minecraft on console.

Eddie_Raja said:

No offense but I find it insane that some people would get this on console over PC.  It's almost as bad as  choosing Minecraft on console.

More or less what I was going to say, I mean the Fallout and ES series has always been a PC franchise and popularized by the modding community on the platform. If the devs don't fix certain aspects of the game fully or in time then the mdoders usually take up on that both perf and visual wise.

Same with Minecraft and it's insane amount of mods/modding community and all the fre texturepacks and skins you can find.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Eddie_Raja said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

Oh god , another rpg that cant have a steady framerate, it those visuals this is fucking lame, it should be 60 fps and its not even 30 fps all the time...

Just wait for the Modding comunity to finish the game.

Eddie_Raja said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

We have Minecraft on PC and PS4. Guess what, the ps4 version gets by far the most playtime due to ease of split-screen and one persistant main world. On PC we have tons of different worlds, with different mod combinations, that get left behind. So not that bad a choice...

Same for Fallout 4. The game is long enough to play a working version on consoles without distractions of looking for and installing mods. But sure, if you must have 60 fps, wait for the PC version, then wait for the mods to finish the game, then wait for the mods to improve the game.

On a side note. It must be so unrewarding to make PC games, having to stay within performance and time budgets, only to be met with comments like, it looks like crap but modders will finish the game.