Star Fox Zero 113 25.00%

See Results! 63 13.94%

Total:451
MotherBound said:
*Star Fox tries out new ideas and uses new innovative concepts
*Fans bash it and ask for a traditional Star Fox
*Traditional Star Fox revealed
*Fans complain it doesn't like innovative

To be fair, the complaints about SFZero are that we're getting a graphically-poor "not" remake of Star Fox 64, which was in itself a "not" remake of Star Fox. We've played the Lylat Wars scenario too many times for people to care that it's traditional Star Fox. If this were a remake of Star Fox 2, cool, awesome actually. The fact that we're getting stuff from Star Fox 2 like the walker is awesome too. But it's not awesome enough to be the focal point of E3, it's not awesome enough for them to have completely ignored multiplayer, etc. Traditional doesn't have to mean uninspired. 

Of course, if the delay was chiefly to add multiplayer and fix the game up a tiny bit visually, perfect! That still doesn't change the fact that we're playing the same plot a third time for single player. If they do more than enough to differentiate, perfect! But right now Star Fox fans have every right to complain, because this is currently the second time I can truly say I 100% feel that Nintendo is just shitting out a game to have one. (The first is Mario Tennis Ultra Smash.)

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

Around the Network
Vodacixi said:
I'll get both. But as much as it pains me to say this, Ratchet and Clank looks by far the most overall solid game of the two. And I say it pains me to say this because the fact that a Miyamoto game, a legendary videogame developer loses so obviously against another game is something really depressing and disappointing. I don't know what the hell Nintendo thinks they are doing. But between this, Mario Tennis and Amiibo Festival they are loosing all of their reputation. And thats pretty much all they have right now...

The answer is simple: the Wii U. Insomniac Games wouldn't put this much resources into R & C either if the console they were developing it for only sold 10 million units. In fact, you would be crazy if you did. Wait next year when they unveil the NX, that's where their big investments will go to.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Can't have a VS thread without someone winning now can we lol.

I choose Starfox because the franchise has been out longer and is more iconic to me than R&C ever will be.

If we are going to use visuals as an argument then we totes should be throwing that down with Fallout 4 and the "graphics don't matter" club.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Alkibiádēs said:
Normchacho said:
Alkibiádēs said:
Normchacho said:
Alkibiádēs said:
What a nonsensicial comparison. They're completely different genres for starters. Second of all, one is an AAA budget game while the other is a low budget experimental game meant to pad out the Wii U's library until the NX finally arrives.

Except of course that Ratchet and Clank is only $40 and Star Fox will likely be $60...

Because R & C games aren't selling well anymore (I wonder why...). It's one of the reasons why Insomniac decided to make games for other platforms. And what you said doesn't make the comparison any more valid.

Because there hasn't been a mainline Ratchet game since 2009. That should be fairly obvious. 

I was simply saying that the argument that they shouldn't be compared because Star Fox is some budget title while Ratchet and Clank is this huge game is nonsensical.

Also, it's weird that you claim to think the comparison is silly while also taking digs at R&C...just an observation.

Into the Nexus was a mainline game... I'm not taking digs at R & C, I'm just using facts (because I think R & C is more interesting anyway). Sales of the franchise have been dwindling for many years now. The PS demographic has outgrown this franchise.

How is the argument about budgets nonsensical? This game even has a movie to support it. The difference in budgets is huge. Price of the games doesn't change anything about that. It just shows that Sony isn't confident that games like these still sell well anymore at full price. As for Star Fox, the game looks like it has been cobbled together in a year. What's next? Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival vs Horizon? They both have animals in it.

You are making it sound like this was "GTA5" vs "Flower"

Why would Sony spend huge amounts of money on a super AAA game just to sell it at 40 bucks? Admit it, R&C is an average investment, they are just using that money in a good way. It even sounds more reasonable to think the game is a tie in for the movie and not the other way around 

pastro243 said:

You are making it sound like this was "GTA5" vs "Flower"

Why would Sony spend huge amounts of money on a super AAA game just to sell it at 40 bucks? Admit it, R&C is an average investment, they are just using that money in a good way. It even sounds more reasonable to think the game is a tie in for the movie and not the other way around 

With graphics like that I doubt it's an average investment. The levels are all pretty huge as well and the physics/animations are top notch. Even the bosses have dance moves when you use that one weapon! Compared to Star Fox, the difference in budget and development time is pretty big yes. Also making movies of that animated quality is very expensive, so this isn't an average investment at all. But hey, I don't know the length of the upcoming R & C game, it might be very short. The movie and game are supposed to advertise each other. This isn't your usual movie tie-in game, those are usually terrible. The movie is based of the game, not the other way around.

Around the Network
binary solo said:
Are they even in the same genre of games? Seems like their only similarity is they have an anthropomorphic dog-like hero.

both are reboots of their series

both have an similar art style

I'm likely to get Ratchet & Clank when it comes out. I'll probably get Star Fox Zero months down the road.

The visually underwhelming shoot em' up title doesn't have a chance on this one.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Also both have space shooting segments.

Lawlight said:
Also both have space shooting segments.

Like two levels in R & C perhaps lol. What's next: Halo 5 vs. R & C?