By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official NX Discussion Thread

Darwinianevolution said:
Luke888 said:

They wouldn't be erased, they would get replaced by more realistic characters that probably would fit even better in this kind of games knowing how few facial expressions they have...

I don't think they need to be more realistic. Its simplicity and and cartoonish style makes them very adaptable.

that's right only for non HD games, plus after about 10 years I think it's kinda appropriate to improve them...

Around the Network
Luke888 said:
Darwinianevolution said:

I don't think they need to be more realistic. Its simplicity and and cartoonish style makes them very adaptable.

that's right only for non HD games, plus after about 10 years I think it's kinda appropriate to improve them...

They are used on HD games too: NintendoLand, Wii Party U, Smash Bros., Mario & Sonic olimpics, Mario Kart...

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Pavolink said:

So, do anyone remeber this?

http://www.engadget.com/2014/12/17/nintendo-sharp-donut-device-rumor/

Yeah, we remember how bad can journalism be...

https://www.google.gr/search?q=sharp+igzo&biw=1440&bih=823&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAWoVChMIkqHr_NflyAIVQzgaCh05-wJM#tbm=isch&q=sharp+igzo+nintendo&imgrc=318UCdePVadIfM%3A

There are rectangular screens  of same technology...

Stupid or sly journalists learnt about the rumor that sharp will provide Nintendo screens with IGZO technology for their next handheld and saw the donut shaped thing, and automatically thought that the next handheld will have that donut shaped screen... And thus we got fabricated news!

donut shaped screen is for cars, odometers... Obvioulsy!

Darwinianevolution said:
t3mporary_126 said:
Pavolink said:
t3mporary_126 said:

Anyone think NX will continue Nintendo's recent trend of having a multiplayer mini game with Miis (Wii Sports and Nintendo Land) at launch?

Cause I think they will go for a Skylander like game with their amiibos instead.

No. I think 3D Mario and Zelda is going to be their main push at launch. If anything, maybe a new Pokemon/Animal Crossing/SSB4NXEdition/Retro's new game rather than 3D Mario.

Well the Wii had a Zelda at launch as well along with Wii Sports (Wii U only had NSMBU for single player lol) and the only game you listed that has local multiplayer is SSB4NX. I'm not sure if people are really that excited for SSB4 again in 2016 when its two years old and Street Fighter V is coming soon.

IMO I don't think many people will buy rebuy Wii U remakes if they are made. They probably gain 2 - 3 million sales max. If they wanted them in the first place, consumers would have already bought a system for them (ex: TLOU, GTAV).

But I could be wrong.

I don't know. There are a lot of Nintendo whans that don't have a WiiU that would gladly buy old WiiU games if they came to the NX.

Or maybe it is because of the games they do not have Wii U's... But, I think it depends how much more successful NX is than Wii U; if it's going to sell like Wii sold to GC, I'd see some sales potential in rereleased Wii U games.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

tak13 said:
Pavolink said:

So, do anyone remeber this?

http://www.engadget.com/2014/12/17/nintendo-sharp-donut-device-rumor/

Yeah, we remember how bad can journalism be...

https://www.google.gr/search?q=sharp+igzo&biw=1440&bih=823&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAWoVChMIkqHr_NflyAIVQzgaCh05-wJM#tbm=isch&q=sharp+igzo+nintendo&imgrc=318UCdePVadIfM%3A

There are rectangular screens  of same technology...

Stupid or sly journalists learnt about the rumor that sharp will provide Nintendo screens with IGZO technology for their next handheld and saw the donut shaped thing, and automatically thought that the next handheld will have that donut shaped screen... And thus we got fabricated news!

donut shaped screen is for cars, odometers... Obvioulsy!

I had never seen the pic of the rectangular screen.

But I still don't know how that could be used on a handheld or home console. Where would the buttons and control sticks go?

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

Apparently, there's a second briefing exclusive to investors (big important investors) hours later, but the info is not coming to us (no slides or livestreaming).

Neogaf member named Rosti speculates that could be an NX reveal behind doors:

Smells a bit like behind closed doors NX presentation to me:

Rösti@NeoGAF ‏@RostiNeoGAF
@serkantoto @NintendoDads I assume slides of both meetings will become available via the IR page as usual, or there's NDA on second meeting?

Dr. Serkan Toto @serkantoto
@RostiNeoGAF @NintendoDads The second one is exclusively for investors, so I wouldn't expect slides coming from that.

@serkantoto @NintendoDads Thanks. Just curious, seeing as the slides of the 2014 Corporate Management Policy Briefing is up on the IR page.

Dr. Serkan Toto ‏@serkantoto
@RostiNeoGAF @NintendoDads Yes, No. 2 is really just for a closed group of major investors (which get special treatment).

Source: https://twitter.com/serkantoto/statu...35771670085632

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

I miss the NX threads... :(

Pavolink said:
Apparently, there's a second briefing exclusive to investors (big important investors) hours later, but the info is not coming to us (no slides or livestreaming).

Neogaf member named Rosti speculates that could be an NX reveal behind doors:

Smells a bit like behind closed doors NX presentation to me:

@serkantoto @NintendoDads I assume slides of both meetings will become available via the IR page as usual, or there's NDA on second meeting?

Dr. Serkan Toto @serkantoto
@RostiNeoGAF @NintendoDads The second one is exclusively for investors, so I wouldn't expect slides coming from that.

@serkantoto @NintendoDads Thanks. Just curious, seeing as the slides of the 2014 Corporate Management Policy Briefing is up on the IR page.

Dr. Serkan Toto ‏@serkantoto
@RostiNeoGAF @NintendoDads Yes, No. 2 is really just for a closed group of major investors (which get special treatment).

Source: https://twitter.com/serkantoto/statu...35771670085632

I hope some brave leaker gets some information from it.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

On the subject of NX news, they just mentioned the NX a little bit as I type this, nothing important yet though. What I wanted to say is I think the fact that Nintendo said they will be using cloud based services for data sharing between devices tells me that there really may be a discless system in the works and they are going all digital this gen. It makes a lot of sense, and I am excited to see what the actual plans are, I wish they would unveil more!

NNID: Dongo8                              XBL Gamertag: Dongos Revenge

dongo8 said:

On the subject of NX news, they just mentioned the NX a little bit as I type this, nothing important yet though. What I wanted to say is I think the fact that Nintendo said they will be using cloud based services for data sharing between devices tells me that there really may be a discless system in the works and they are going all digital this gen. It makes a lot of sense, and I am excited to see what the actual plans are, I wish they would unveil more!

Going all online is an effective way to dig your own grave... So I don't that'll happen. But if it's combining handhelds and home consoles, cartrige seem plausible medium. 

Then again, online distribution (direct to customer) is the complete opposite to blockbuster model, where you sell huge amounts of games to a small number of distributors, which makes sure that the big publishers stay away from NX (which would be good thing from my point of view).

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.