By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official NX Discussion Thread

Pavolink said:
t3mporary_126 said:

Anyone think NX will continue Nintendo's recent trend of having a multiplayer mini game with Miis (Wii Sports and Nintendo Land) at launch?

Cause I think they will go for a Skylander like game with their amiibos instead.

No. I think 3D Mario and Zelda is going to be their main push at launch. If anything, maybe a new Pokemon/Animal Crossing/SSB4NXEdition/Retro's new game rather than 3D Mario.

Well the Wii had a Zelda at launch as well along with Wii Sports (Wii U only had NSMBU for single player lol) and the only game you listed that has local multiplayer is SSB4NX. I'm not sure if people are really that excited for SSB4 again in 2016 when its two years old and Street Fighter V is coming soon.

IMO I don't think many people will buy rebuy Wii U remakes if they are made. They probably gain 2 - 3 million sales max. If they wanted them in the first place, consumers would have already bought a system for them (ex: TLOU, GTAV).

But I could be wrong.

Around the Network
t3mporary_126 said:

Anyone think NX will continue Nintendo's recent trend of having a multiplayer mini game with Miis (Wii Sports and Nintendo Land) at launch?

Cause I think they will go for a Skylander like game with their amiibos instead.

It's really tough to really guess what they'll do, as most of what we know about the NX is firmware stuff. While that helps tremendously in guessing hardware, it helps very little in guessing software.

It's pretty obvious that that ever that initial killer app is, a huge focus will be on pushing the playability across multiple devices, but outside of that, it's really anyone's guess. I don't think we'll get another Mii game for branding reasons, but I also don't see it being that Amiibo game. Not as the launching system seller. Who knows?

t3mporary_126 said:
Pavolink said:
t3mporary_126 said:

No. I think 3D Mario and Zelda is going to be their main push at launch. If anything, maybe a new Pokemon/Animal Crossing/SSB4NXEdition/Retro's new game rather than 3D Mario.

Well the Wii had a Zelda at launch as well along with Wii Sports (Wii U only had NSMBU for single player lol) and the only game you listed that has local multiplayer is SSB4NX. I'm not sure if people are really that excited for SSB4 again in 2016 when its two years old and Street Fighter V is coming soon.

IMO I don't think many people will buy rebuy Wii U remakes if they are made. They probably gain 2 - 3 million sales max. If they wanted them in the first place, consumers would have already bought a system for them (ex: TLOU, GTAV).

But I could be wrong.

I don't know. There are a lot of Nintendo whans that don't have a WiiU that would gladly buy old WiiU games if they came to the NX.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Am I the only one who thinks that Nintendo might drop the Miis (since they'll drop the Wii name) and make an all new kind of characters that are way more customizable (as well as realistic) and that might be tied to an eventual achivement system ?

Nintendo hasn’t given up on the console business and has a next-generation system under development. Mr. Kimishima said Wednesday that he might touch on the project Thursday but wouldn’t disclose sensitive details.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/nintendo...er-1446018067#

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=183247416&postcount=6459

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
Luke888 said:
Am I the only one who thinks that Nintendo might drop the Miis (since they'll drop the Wii name) and make an all new kind of characters that are way more customizable (as well as realistic) and that might be tied to an eventual achivement system ?

Doubt it. That would be very un-Nintendo. Amiibo still incorperates Wii branding, anyway. Mii's are staying. And even if they were to change them, it definitely wouldn't be for something more realistic.

I hate Mii's though. I wish they just used Animal Crossing villagers instead.

Luke888 said:

Nope. The mii series still sells well to this day, and they're very useful when integrated with other franchises, like Pilotwings, Tomodachi or those japanese Disney games on the 3DS.

Darwinianevolution said:
Luke888 said:

Nope. The mii series still sells well to this day, and they're very useful when integrated with other franchises, like Pilotwings, Tomodachi or those japanese Disney games on the 3DS.

They wouldn't be erased, they would get replaced by more realistic characters that probably would fit even better in this kind of games knowing how few facial expressions they have...

Wow, Star really laying the hammer down O:

I never really paid attention to NX threads, since I'm tired of hearing so much on something we don't know much about. Still good to see some control over the abundance of NX threads.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Luke888 said:
Darwinianevolution said:
Luke888 said:

They wouldn't be erased, they would get replaced by more realistic characters that probably would fit even better in this kind of games knowing how few facial expressions they have...

I don't think they need to be more realistic. Its simplicity and and cartoonish style makes them very adaptable.