By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Police officer assaults school girl for in-school arrest

method114 said:
LivingMetal said:

What if she resists which forces the cop to pull harder, and the student claims that he was trying to hurt her?

Than the video wil show her resisting causing him to pull harder. All we see now is a student passively resisting and then being slammed down. Her head could have slammed into the tile and he was close to hitting the girl behind her. I've seen similar situations in school and they just drag the desk outside the class it's not that hard to figure out simple ways to resolve this. 

"Passive resisting" = oxymoron.  You argument just felt apart.  No matter what the cop tried to do if the student did not comply (and the student did NOT get up on her own which she should have), the student will resist which will force the the cop to take further measures.  And look closely, the cop tried taking her by the left arm, she resisted.  Then, he tried grabbing her by the torso to remove her out of the desk, she resisted more.  Next, the cop tried lifting her out of the desk, but her further resistance caused her to be lifted with the desk.  And when the cop tried pulling her from the desk, she still continued resisting by hanging on to it.  So the cop had to pull harder to loosen her from the desk.  It was all her fault.

Around the Network
LivingMetal said:
I'm not condoning any wrong doing because as I said in an earlier post I don't know the whole story. So put yourself in this situation whether you know the whole story or not: What what YOU have done that would have GUARANTEED positive results?

Knowing the whole story about her chewing gum and being asked to spit it out and refusing to leave the class room. There are quite a few alternatives. Calling her parents or legal gurdian when she refused to comply or having the principle or vice principle call. Go forward with class and suspend the student for the conduct afterwards. Just two things that could have happened. But to have her put in a choke hold, then flipped over, then snatched from teh desk and flung across the class by a grown man.....no there is no justification in this at all.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

radha said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

So because there have been cases where "kids" have done some horrible things that justifies these actions? Am I saying the girl was in the right....not at all....BUT this situation was handled VERY poorly. No way that was called for in any form to get a misbehaving student out of the class room. I have seen fights broken up in high school with less force. So to first put the arm around her neck(chokehold style), then flip her over IN THE DESK then snatch her out of the desk and fling her across the room like a rag doll is unacceptable for an office of the law. This may have been necessary in other instances but not in this one...not at all. 

"No way that was called for in any form to get a misbehaving student out of the class room."

You dont know, the video is not show what happen before. And about the Justification, I know is not justified, but is like this, you know you should not get robbed on the street, but if you know there is a blakcout and if the middle of the night, you know that the context it not appropiate to go outside show off your new cell phone , watch or what ever. After 911, US very paraniod in their airports, and the reason is the context, in the US the context exists, why would you make the teacher call the police and then refuce to comply ? the officer made a bad decision but is not like there was no reaso, not that a reason is not a justification, but is reason.

Actually the story is out there now. It says teh student was chewing gum and was asked to spit the gum out and refused. Then asked to leave the classroom by the teacher and pirnciple and refused. So they then called the officer in. That's it....now again iam in NO WAY or form saying the girl did no wrong BUT the way the situation was handled was wrong...plain and simple.

Again the child was misbehaving but this was not the correct course of action.

TheBlackNaruto said:
LivingMetal said:
I'm not condoning any wrong doing because as I said in an earlier post I don't know the whole story. So put yourself in this situation whether you know the whole story or not: What what YOU have done that would have GUARANTEED positive results?

Knowing the whole story about her chewing gum and being asked to spit it out and refusing to leave the class room. There are quite a few alternatives. Calling her parents or legal gurdian when she refused to comply or having the principle or vice principle call. Go forward with class and suspend the student for the conduct afterwards. Just two things that could have happened. But to have her put in a choke hold, then flipped over, then snatched from teh desk and flung across the class by a grown man.....no there is no justification in this at all.

And there's no justification for her not obeying if it were such a trival matter to begin with.  Because she disobeyed all forms of athority that were involved, it showed that she was the source of the problem.  And check my previous post.  She was in the wrong.  Period.

TheBlackNaruto said:
radha said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

So because there have been cases where "kids" have done some horrible things that justifies these actions? Am I saying the girl was in the right....not at all....BUT this situation was handled VERY poorly. No way that was called for in any form to get a misbehaving student out of the class room. I have seen fights broken up in high school with less force. So to first put the arm around her neck(chokehold style), then flip her over IN THE DESK then snatch her out of the desk and fling her across the room like a rag doll is unacceptable for an office of the law. This may have been necessary in other instances but not in this one...not at all. 

"No way that was called for in any form to get a misbehaving student out of the class room."

You dont know, the video is not show what happen before. And about the Justification, I know is not justified, but is like this, you know you should not get robbed on the street, but if you know there is a blakcout and if the middle of the night, you know that the context it not appropiate to go outside show off your new cell phone , watch or what ever. After 911, US very paraniod in their airports, and the reason is the context, in the US the context exists, why would you make the teacher call the police and then refuce to comply ? the officer made a bad decision but is not like there was no reaso, not that a reason is not a justification, but is reason.

Actually the story is out there now. It says teh student was chewing gum and was asked to spit the gum out and refused. Then asked to leave the classroom by the teacher and pirnciple and refused. So they then called the officer in. That's it....now again iam in NO WAY or form saying the girl did no wrong BUT the way the situation was handled was wrong...plain and simple.

Again the child was misbehaving but this was not the correct course of action.

She brought it upon herself.

Around the Network
LivingMetal said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

And there's no justification for her not obeying if it were such a trival matter to begin with.  Because she disobeyed all forms of athority that were involved, it showed that she was the source of the problem.  And check my previous post.  She was in the wrong.  Period.

I agree she was iun NO WAY in the right. She was 100% wrong...no argument there. BUT so was this officer in the way the situation was handled. There are a lot of things that COULD have happened that we can go on about all day(not me and you but just saying in general lol). But what DID happen was over kill on the part of the officer and distrupting the classroom and disobedience for the girl. We are all responsible for our own actions and in my eyes both parties were wrong.

TheBlackNaruto said:
LivingMetal said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

I agree she was iun NO WAY in the right. She was 100% wrong...no argument there. BUT so was this officer in the way the situation was handled. There are a lot of things that COULD have happened that we can go on about all day(not me and you but just saying in general lol). But what DID happen was over kill on the part of the officer and distrupting the classroom and disobedience for the girl. We are all responsible for our own actions and in my eyes both parties were wrong.

Just watch the video again but in slow motion.  Watch how the  cop tried taking her by the arm FIRST, but the student's continual resistance led to a downward spiral. Concentrate on the student's action, and you'll see that she was the one forcing the cop's hand.

LivingMetal said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

Just watch the video again but in slow motion.  Watch how the  cop tried taking her by the arm FIRST, but the student's continual resistance led to a downward spiral. Concentrate on the student's action, and you'll see that she was the one forcing the cop's hand.

I have watched quite a few times from both angles that they have. He indeed grabbed her arm first then put his other arm around her neck choke hold style. She then hit him so he pulled her up but the nack and grabbed her leg and flipped her. He had both her arms while her leg was stuck under the desk and snatched her out then flung her. She didn't "force" him to do all of that. And I was wrong the incident was because she had her cell phone out and refused to give it to the teacher. The students said they were scared adn said she really didn't do anything wrong to deserve that.

The cop is a trained professional. There is no reason for the cop to detain the kid with such force over a little disruption in the class. If the student was causing harm or threatening to harm another student, teacher, officer, etc. I can see why such force would be used on the kid, but that wasn't the case...That type of behavior from the cop is way over the top and he should be reprimanded for it.

Survivor Millennial vs Gen X!!

Dante9 said:
The unnecessary use of force aside, can someone please explain to me why it seems to be a pattern among black people to resist the police in any given situation? Are they taught to do this at home as part of their upbringing? What good can ever become of resisting a police officer? We've seen time and again what *bad* can become of it, you'd think people would take some cues already. Don't be stupid.

Not calling you raciest Dante but your comment her is exemplary of a racist comment.  The reason why I say this is that how did you come to a conclusion that black people like to resist police.  Why would it even be an incident isolated to black people.  Is this because the information you receive portray such a situation.  For some reason you received information that make you think only black people or a majority of black people resist the police but I am absolutely positive that this is definitely not the case.

Instead I would ask you if you experience a situation like this where you are not in th least violent but violence is exacted on you from the police, how would that temper your outlook toward the police.  Even though this girl was being an ass, she did not curse at the police, she did not spit, bite, hit or assault the police officer.  The situation was totally nonviolent from the beginning up to the assault.

As was stated about the situation no one made any attempt to find out why this girl was acting like she was.  A lot of times kids do come to school with all sort of adult problems.  Death in the family, pregnant, abuse, anger, hunger, depression, you name it.    Her parents was not called.  A counselor was not called to find out why she was acting this way.  Nothing was done first to diffused a non-violent situation first before violence was done.  I cannot see any parent thinking this was any way shape or form the way to handle this situation for a  nonviolent situation.  

As the story is told, she was a new student who was very quiet and did not talk to anyone.  She took out her phone and either was using it or talk and the teacher told her to put it away and she refused.  After that point the teacher asked her to leave the class and she refused.  At this point nothing escalated into violence.  She did not screem, yell or assault anyone in the class or the teacher.  When kids act this way this is when you call either the parents or a counselor.  The counselor is good for coming in and getting the person to leave and talk about whatever is going on with them that cause them to be this way, especially if no violence is being done by the student.