By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Shareholders Meeting - What do you expect will happen?

Miitomo is Nintendo's version of Whatsapp or what? lol

EDIT: Also, this is great: "Senior Managing Director Shigeru Miyamoto says DeNA will help operate the smartphone games, while Nintendo will focus on ways to guide users to its hardware." 

Around the Network
dongo8 said:
Alkibiádēs said:
Now they're even delaying smartphone games, something is horribly wrong at Nintendo, I've never seen so many delays.

They've ALWAYS been notorious for delays, because they don't want to be like other gaming companies such as Ubisoft who release broken products. Nintendo likes to do things well, and do things right. The delays get annoying, but they have literally happened as far back as I can remember, especially since the N64 days because coding started getting much more complicated

Because Happy Home Designer, Amiibo Festival and Mario Tennis will turn out to be such great games... Maybe if they stopped focusing on these low quality spin-offs they'd go back to making great quality games. Triforce Heroes is also rather shallow for a Zelda game... These games don't speak in Nintendo's favour.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Well, I guess we can reconfirm that Nintendo isn't wasting any big IPs on mobile and is still game console focused. Whether that's good news for the investor is to be seen

Wait, I have the answer right here: 

http://stocks.finance.yahoo.co.jp/stocks/detail/?code=7974.T

Alkibiádēs said:
dongo8 said:
Alkibiádēs said:
Now they're even delaying smartphone games, something is horribly wrong at Nintendo, I've never seen so many delays.

They've ALWAYS been notorious for delays, because they don't want to be like other gaming companies such as Ubisoft who release broken products. Nintendo likes to do things well, and do things right. The delays get annoying, but they have literally happened as far back as I can remember, especially since the N64 days because coding started getting much more complicated

Because Happy Home Designer, Amiibo Festival and Mario Tennis will turn out to be such great games... Maybe if they stopped focusing on these low quality spin-offs they'd go back to making great quality games. Triforce Heroes is also rather shallow for a Zelda game... These games don't speak in Nintendo's favour.

Key word you used there - spin-offs. The reason that they don't get delayed is because many times these games seem to be used as fillers while Nintendo works on their big name titles such as Zelda U. The games that get delays are the ones that they are spending most of their time and effort on polishing and getting perfect. They are the system sellers, so they want them to be as perfect as they possibly can be.

NNID: Dongo8                              XBL Gamertag: Dongos Revenge

t3mporary_126 said:

Well, I guess we can reconfirm that Nintendo isn't wasting any big IPs on mobile and is still game console focused. Whether that's good news for the investor is to be seen

I'm not an investor, but this is exactly what I wanted. DeNA working in the smarphone apps, Nintendo using them as advertising and as a way to attract people. That's reassuring!

Around the Network

To me the news that they will be using a cloud based system to share data between home console and mobile pretty much tells me that they are either seriously considering going all digital, or have already made the decision. That didn't seem like an announcement related only to the Nintendo Account system, but as Spemanig has been believing, an announcement related to how Nintendo's future games will work as a whole. I'm really excited about it!

NNID: Dongo8                              XBL Gamertag: Dongos Revenge

So I read all the slides and eh... I'm interested in learning more about the Nintendo Account. Hopefully, they just merge NNID as my ID for the account. Meaning I just pay the monthly and I'm in. Also need to give it more free ish not just point based. (btw I'm just assuming it will have a paywall due to the cloud saves)

2016 is going to be an interesting year for Nintendo. New account system across all consoles, new consoles, new games, mobile launch... cool stuff.

dongo8 said:
To me the news that they will be using a cloud based system to share data between home console and mobile pretty much tells me that they are either seriously considering going all digital, or have already made the decision. That didn't seem like an announcement related only to the Nintendo Account system, but as Spemanig has been believing, an announcement related to how Nintendo's future games will work as a whole. I'm really excited about it!

I would take it one step furth and say such a decision would be impactful on the future of video games as a whole...

Any one of the major console manufacturers choosing to go all digital is pretty significant...

Have a nice day...

leedlelee said:
dongo8 said:

I would take it one step furth and say such a decision would be impactful on the future of video games as a whole...

Any one of the major console manufacturers choosing to go all digital is pretty significant...

Yup. And for the record, I called that My Nintendo would be Cloud based.

Wish there were more actually suprises, though. Literally the only thing I didn't call was the application of Nintendo accounts in Nintendo World, theatres, and stores. That's awesome, and big, but that's really it. Nothing I can really spark new discussion over.

Great to finally have this stuff "officially confirmed" though, so I don't need to debate that stuff anymore. The digital only stuff will still be debated until the official reveal, though. No getting around that. In due time.

superchunk said:
So I read all the slides and eh... I'm interested in learning more about the Nintendo Account. Hopefully, they just merge NNID as my ID for the account. Meaning I just pay the monthly and I'm in. Also need to give it more free ish not just point based. (btw I'm just assuming it will have a paywall due to the cloud saves)

2016 is going to be an interesting year for Nintendo. New account system across all consoles, new consoles, new games, mobile launch... cool stuff.

No chance it won't be free.