By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Fatal Frame / Project Zero V first reviews [67 on Metacritic]

Not surprised at all, been telling you all it's a poor game since the Japanese release.

Not surprised that 3 of the 5 highest scores were given from Nintendo-specific outlets, either.

*edit* since some people seem to be finding issue with the comment above, I'm saying I'm not surprised that three of the five highest scoring outlets the OP listed are Nintendo specific outlets, this is down to my assumption that they were listed by the OP because those were the first scores to go live, which is what I was commenting on.

Nintendo specific outlets post reviews generally much faster than general gaming sites, so my comment was directed at not being surprised that the majority of the top five in the OP's list were Nintendo specific, as the fatal frame series is somewhat niche and I'd expect most general sites to not be in any special rush to get their reviews completed or posted.

If it comes across as being "they must be biased because they're Nintendo specific" then I apologise, that was not the intent.

Around the Network
Tachikoma said:

Not surprised at all, been telling you all it's a poor game since the Japanese release.

Not surprised that 3 of the 5 highest scores were given from Nintendo-specific outlets, either.

Only two are from the 10 highest scores... One in the top 5...

Samus Aran said:

Im talking about the OP

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7574833

Tachikoma said:

That you did. At least we got one great action-horror/survival-horror game in the last year, even if it wasn't from whom I expected.

Currently (Re-)Playing: Starcraft 2: Legacy of the Void Multiplayer, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Currently Watching: The Shield, Stein's;Gate, Narcos

Tachikoma said:
Samus Aran said:

Im talking about the OP

According to GS Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze is only slightly better than Fatal Frame V. Let's talk about that instead. ;)

The OP is just an incomplete metacritic list anyway.

The only good thing that caught my eye about Fatal Frame V is those slutty costumes lol. And they're probably cut in the Western version. Because women in underwear is too much for us to handle, let's shoot someone in the head instead! That reminds me, Pokken Tournament needs fatalities.

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
Tachikoma said:
Samus Aran said:

Im talking about the OP

According to GS Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze is only slightly better than Fatal Frame V. Let's talk about that instead. ;)

The only good thing that caught my eye about Fatal Frame V is those slutty costumes lol. And they're probably cut in the Western version. Because women in underwear is too much for us to handle, let's shoot someone in the head instead! That reminds me, Pokken Tournament needs fatalities.

Sure is a long winded way of saying "oh, my bad".

Tachikoma said:
Samus Aran said:
Tachikoma said:
Samus Aran said:

Im talking about the OP

Sure is a long winded way of saying "oh, my bad".

Nah, you know I'm right. ;)

Can't see much Nintendo-bias in the reviews there.

Franchise bias is much more prevalent than company bias anyway.

2D Mario games are some of the blandest and most generic games I've played (talking NSMB here) yet they still score so high. SMM is goty though.

Roronaa_chan said:
Cloudman said:

No worries, the series is actually very excellent ; ) All of them have been great before 5, well, except 2

But..2 is the best one

Nope, 4 is the best one. Me too can't understand common love for Crimson Butterfly.

Boberkun said:
Roronaa_chan said:

But..2 is the best one

Nope, 4 is the best one. I'm too can't understand common love for Crimson Butterfly.

Holy smokes, we reached an agreement here.  x D

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Samus Aran said:

Nah, you know I'm right. ;)

Can't see much Nintendo-bias in the reviews there.

Franchise bias is much more prevalent than company bias anyway.

2D Mario games are some of the blandest and most generic games I've played (talking NSMB here) yet they still score so high. SMM is goty though.

Stop attempting to derail the thread.