By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - September 2015 NPD Thread! Hardware estimates and software numbers up!

LipeJJ said:
So, Happy Home Designer did about 50% of New Leaf's opening week. Not bad for a cheap spin off.

Wii U hardware is finally looking decent thanks to SMM, which performed better than I expected. I think it outdid Splatoon on its first full month or at least matched it.

PS4 at first is not really a big surprise, I'm more impressed by how close the XB1 is... It might actually win the October NPD.

Technically, we don't know how big the gap is.  The only numbers were calculated by Teeqoz using the minimum of a 10% increase for each week.  The XBO could be up 12%, while the PS4 is up 20%.  Of course, the gap could also be really close.  We just don't know, yet.

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
LipeJJ said:
So, Happy Home Designer did about 50% of New Leaf's opening week. Not bad for a cheap spin off.

Wii U hardware is finally looking decent thanks to SMM, which performed better than I expected. I think it outdid Splatoon on its first full month or at least matched it.

PS4 at first is not really a big surprise, I'm more impressed by how close the XB1 is... It might actually win the October NPD.

Technically, we don't know how big the gap is.  The only numbers were calculated by Teeqoz using the minimum of a 10% increase for each week.  The XBO could be up 12%, while the PS4 is up 20%.  Of course, the gap could also be really close.  We just don't know, yet.

Oh, I see. My bad then... I guess we'll have to wait to know more.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Still nothing interesting, except the obvious :(

Namiirei said:
Still nothing interesting, except the obvious :(

I think it'll be interesting once we get platform differences, especially MGS.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Hungry for data!

I need pie!

Around the Network

Well...October will be a more interesting month

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

This thread is dead, no creamy update?

Wow PS4 with destiny and almost neck to neck with X1!

LipeJJ said:

It's interesting how expectations get reset. When Xb one and PS4 are both selling 3:1 more than Wii U decent isn't really the word I think of for Wii U sales. Sales are finally looking not dismal. Decent would be selling better then 2:1 behind PS4. Being 3:1 behind the number 2 console and possibly 4:1 behind the number 1 console is hard to call decent.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

So it turns out that Xbox One was not up September YoY. They meant from January to September YoY. If Microsoft feels the need to spin like that its already over.