By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - September 2015 NPD Thread! Hardware estimates and software numbers up!

Sony PR

As we kick off the holiday season, we would like to take a moment to thank fans for making PlayStation 4 the best-selling console and #1 in software sales in September. PlayStation 4 was the number one console for NBA 2K16, Madden NFL 16, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain and FIFA 16. Including the highly successful limited edition console bundle, PS4 also led retail sales for Destiny: The Taken King.”

“It was also a very strong month for PlayStation Network with September being the highest grossing month in PlayStation Store history. From PlayStation exclusives like the recently launched Uncharted Collection to partnerships with Call of Duty: Black Ops III and Star Wars Battlefront, we are committed to our community and to making PlayStation the best place to play this holiday.”

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:
binary solo said:

Perhaps NPD has asked the companies not to mention percentages because it makes it too easy to work out a fairly accurate actual sales number, and NPD is all about protecting its data. If we can't work out xb one sales from the YoY % then the creamsugar pie chart won't be of any value. I guess we'll see if that theory holds true once some independent reports come out.

We'll see if Nintendo give us any percentages. They normally do.

Besides, I hoestly think NPD are more interested in protecting software data than hardware data. Hardware is just three data points a month, software is god knows how many (NPD obviously tracks sales further down than the top 10 we get).

ardware data. 

They still seem to come download hard on hardware leaders. I think NPD should release hardware numbers giving a ball park range. Like below 50k, above 50K above 100K, above 200K and so on. That way most people would be ok with that level of information and it is information NPD puts out which does not devalue the data package people are paying for.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Forza perhaps waning in the US as well as the UK.

SMM did pretty well.

Imagine Taken King is close between X1 and PS4, and like last year the fact that it was bundled with PS4 puts the X1 version ahead on the results.

Tearaway Unfolded finished #11, I'm sure of it :/

US confirmed Forza 6 floped not just in UK.

Destiny did better than I expected with bundle can be in the first places.

MGSV did worst than I expected.

Roronaa_chan said:
Sony PR

As we kick off the holiday season, we would like to take a moment to thank fans for making PlayStation 4 the best-selling console and #1 in software sales in September. PlayStation 4 was the number one console for NBA 2K16, Madden NFL 16, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain and FIFA 16. Including the highly successful limited edition console bundle, PS4 also led retail sales for Destiny: The Taken King.”

“It was also a very strong month for PlayStation Network with September being the highest grossing month in PlayStation Store history. From PlayStation exclusives like the recently launched Uncharted Collection to partnerships with Call of Duty: Black Ops III and Star Wars Battlefront, we are committed to our community and to making PlayStation the best place to play this holiday.”

Where did you get this?

Around the Network

From the PRs looks like both consoles are down yoy.

celador said:
Forza perhaps waning in the US as well as the UK.

SMM did pretty well.

Imagine Taken King is close between X1 and PS4, and like last year the fact that it was bundled with PS4 puts the X1 version ahead on the results.

Tearaway Unfolded finished #11, I'm sure of it :/

Per Sony's PR, yes, Taken King sold more for PS4 when including bundled copies.

poklane http://venturebeat.com/2015/10/19/ps4-outsold-xbox-one/

Can't wait for this month's. This is month and next month is the most exciting NPD's. We already knew PS4 would win September.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Roronaa_chan said:
Sony PR

As we kick off the holiday season, we would like to take a moment to thank fans for making PlayStation 4 the best-selling console and #1 in software sales in September. PlayStation 4 was the number one console for NBA 2K16, Madden NFL 16, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain and FIFA 16. Including the highly successful limited edition console bundle, PS4 also led retail sales for Destiny: The Taken King.

@Bolded: The Software Chart shows DTTK as XBO leading? I'm not sure how bundles work with NPD

H3ADShOt3 said:

Wow no forza 7 I guess

EDIT: I see they didn't track bundles...

I'd hope there was no Forza 7, as it hasn't even been announced, yet. 

Sure you meant 6.  Still, even when not including SW from a bundle, I'm pretty sure the other Forza's still charted in the Top 10.