By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official Paris Game Week Thread

Hi there.

The Paris Game Week is coming soon, which is the second largest gaming event in the world believe it or not, obviously we need a thread centered to all kinds of discussions about it, and for no real reason I did it this time.

FAQ

- What is the Paris Games Week show ?

The Paris Games Week, or more commonly called 'PGW' is the French show dedicated to video games and its derivatives. The event belongs to the SELL (Syndicate of leisure and software publishers). This year is the sixth edition of the show.

- When and where will take place the show ?

This sixth edition will take place from October 28 to November 1, 2015 at the Paris Expo fairground - Porte de Versailles in Paris. The fair will be open daily from 9.00 am to 7.00 pm except on the last day, Sunday, November 1, closure at 6.00 pm. Address : 1, place de la Porte de Versailles 75015 Paris.

- Why should I care?

There's one reason why this PGW will be more interested in than the previous ones and it's Sony, this time Sony skipped a press conference on the other European event, Gamescom, in favor of one of the PGW so expect all sorts of big news to come from them then!

- I don't follow Sony, will be gaming company of preference be attending?

While Sony will be the center of attention is not the only attendee, Nintendo, Square Enix, Koei Tecmo, Electronic Arts, Microsoft, Bandai Namco; and many, many other companies will be attending too so there should enough news to satisfy everyone.

Too keep up with the news as they come the PGW have many social media accounts, so If I were to get lazy here are all kinds of links!

Twitter

Facebook

Youtube

PlayStation Media Preview

http://www.twitch.tv/playstation

Due to some issues with the countdown timer I used on E3 I won't be posting one, instead I'll do an hyperlink to a COUNTDOWN TIMER which looks way nicer anyway.

Happy Hunting!

Around the Network

I know you guys have busy lifestyles and might not have time to calculate at what time of day the Sony show is on, so this should help.

twintail said:
I dont think there is going to be much news coming out of anyone except Sony tbqh. its not like these publishers have never been to PGW before and yet we never have gotten anything in previous years. Its just a 2nd Gamescom to show off things rather than talk about new things

That said, as for Sony: I think QD's new game alongside a showing for WiLD makes a lot of sense (french devs). I also think its possible that Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey will show up with first footage. Maybe even announced as a PS4/ PC only game.

I look forward to seeing more on Dreams. They need to show off playable sections because contrary to what other ppl have said on this site, I still have no idea how you actually play this game since they have shown off zero gameplay. So that will be cool.

I think we will also get a termin for PSnow and the price drop

Do we even have any French people here?

Very excited for PGW, looking forward to seeing more of Dreams and I'm always happy to get news.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
pokoko said:

Citizen of the world ain't we all ?

pokoko said:

Je parle français, mais je ne suis pas un français.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Alkibiádēs said:
pokoko said:

"I speak french but I'm not french"?  I think.

I took one year of French in high school but the teacher hardly knew the language and I didn't pay attention.

pokoko said:
Alkibiádēs said:
pokoko said:

"I speak french but I'm not french"?  I think.

I took one year of French in high school but the teacher hardly knew the language and I didn't pay attention.

Correct! Hah, can't blame you. But back to your original post, the English of French people is quite horrible (there are always exceptions of course), everything is dubbed on tv. So that's why you don't see a lot of them around here I guess.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Alkibiádēs said:

Correct! Hah, can't blame you. But back to your original post, the English of French people is quite horrible (there are always exceptions of course), everything is dubbed on tv. So that's why you don't see a lot of them around here I guess.

I've been wondering about that, especially since so many other European countries are very well represented here.