By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Unverified dev guesses: NX might more powerful than PS4/XBONE, based on a PC demo...

SpokenTruth Journaal
awlight said:
So, does anyone know who that dev is?

No and we never will given this is almost certainly a BS article by a tiny site hoping to get some click bait hits.

And it worked.

Wall Street Journal is small? As far as I know thats one of the biggest newspapers out there.

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
Lawlight said:
So, does anyone know who that dev is?

ND

So no?

Yeah. There were rumors that the Wii U was going to be more powerful than the PS4, and people ate it up, till it turned out not to be true. Power means almost nothing. Good games and good promotion by Nintendo itself are the only things that matter. The second part NoA has failed at with Wii U, for sure. Wii U could have been a bigger success than it is, but Nintendo stumbled over themselves mismanaging their own development cycles this gen, and NoA's pathetic excuse for marketing and ads is puzzling, considering that even with the Wii, they had some good advertising.

NX could be the most "top of the line" console you've ever seen, but that wouldn't make the difference. For one thing, it'd be expensive as fuck most likely, and I don't know about you, but I don't want to fork out $400+ on a console if I don't have to. I think Wii U had a decent launch pricepoint, though they certainly should have dropped it more than it has by now. But if NX is expensive, that is already going to keep people from buying it. And for another thing, history has proven that less powerful consoles (NES, PS1, PS2, Wii) have often ruled a given console generation. It's about about games, not power. Even the N64, with it's cartridge limitations......if companies like Square and Capcom and Konami had stuck with Nintendo, and put games like Symphony of the Night, FFVII, Metal Gear Solid, Mega Man 8, Mega Man X4-6, the Resident Evil games, etc. etc., guaranteed N64 would have ruled that gen. It wasn't power that helped PS1 succeed. It was games, and great advertising.

If NX wants to succeed, it needs both.

I have dug deeper on this, and actually seen the now commonly mentioned demo, and frankly the people reporting on it have screwed up bigtime, will explain in greater detail later, need to check what i can and cannot talk about in the NDA i had to sign to see the demo.

Tachikoma said:
I have dug deeper on this, and actually seen the now commonly mentioned demo, and frankly the people reporting on it have screwed up bigtime, will explain in greater detail later, need to check what i can and cannot talk about in the NDA i had to sign to see the demo.

The plot thickens.

So it's safe to assume at least that the dev kits are at least truly out, right?

Around the Network

manny10032 said:

Four jobs or bust.

Tachikoma said:

Don't you work for Sony?

Samus Aran said:

Don't you work for Sony?

So? Sony would find out, anyway.

spemanig said:
Tachikoma said:

The plot thickens.

So it's safe to assume at least that the dev kits are at least truly out, right?

No, it is however, safe to assume Nintendo have shipped stress test software that runs on PC, and over a WiiU devkit if connected.