By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What would make you quit gaming forever?

Do you see yourself quitting gaming anytime soon?

Yes 33 16.84%

No 163 83.16%

Total:196
uran10 said:
Nintendo going 3rd party/ Mobile only/ dropping out of the gaming business. Only thing that could affect me like that is nintendo.

Around the Network

If Nintendo went bankrupt and shut down. I've played XB and PS and was extremely bored, most of the games on those consoles are shooters and shooters just aren't my thing (Few exceptions, like TF2 and Splatoon)

Currently most hyped for: FFXV and Zelda U

Girlfriend

When bullshit dlc and microtransactions fully take over.

If developers stopped making unique games, thankfully there is Sony. Even Microsoft is doing well with games Scalebound, Quantum Break, Crackdown, etc.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Around the Network

Unless I'm physically unable to play in the future, I don't really see anything that would make me quit gaming altogether.

I have, however, grown increasingly tired of certain business pratices employed by the major publishes since the middle of last generation. It's now at the point where I simply choose not to purchase titles that feature things like micro-transactions (regardless if they're "optional"; my purchase is also "optional") and season passes announced before the game is even released.

Regardless of my feelings towards modern games, I'll still play older games that I haven't experienced before or that I want to replay.

MotherBound said:
If Nintendo went bankrupt and shut down. I've played XB and PS and was extremely bored, most of the games on those consoles are shooters and shooters just aren't my thing (Few exceptions, like TF2 and Splatoon)

That's not true at all.

I don't know what it take for me to quit some forever (!), but I could stop be interested in video games if they no longer make ones I'm interested in.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

MotherBound said:

That's factually untrue...

OT: Nothing except a busy schedule

food in the cracks of my controller.