By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Battlefront have online splitscreen?

Ka-pi96 said:

I don't think people wanting different ways to play games (especially ways that have already existed and been in many other games of that genre in the past) is being 'way too entitled'.

It kinda is.... It benefits a small % of gamers and keeps devs from doing that they will benefit everybody. Do you not think there is a reason that split screen is going away? Do you think devs just have an agenda against it? It is because it is difficult to implement and it leads to a gimped experience.

If you were talking about a different type of game I might could agree with you but you would get SLAUGHTERED in a competitive shooter at a gimped framerate and using splitscreen. It is pointless

Around the Network
DivinePaladin said:
ohmylanta1003 said:

Please don't imply that I didn't read your post. It's fairly obvious from my response that I did, so there's no reason to even address that in your response. Can I not respond to your post simply because you put the word "likely" in front of it? That seems kind of odd. Also, stop making up numbers. You have no idea what these numbers are and your guesses aren't even based off of anything. Therefore, I'm not even going to talk about that part of your post.

Resolution would likely not have to be lowered and lowering the frame rate is something that's been done in the past. As for the laginess you're experiencing, I've heard nothing but glowing reviews about the beta in terms of connection. It's not laggy. That's you bruh.

As for the bet, I don't have to read your explanation as to why you don't think any game will have splitscreen to know that I would still like to take the bet. Are we talking about any splitscreen then? If so, I'd love to take the bet. Should be an easy one for you considering how confident you are.

Theorizing isn't making up numbers. I'm, again, if you fully read through everything, theorizing, and not considering these numbers fact in any way. This is on a forum based around making up numbers, mind you, so it's not like I'm some sort of outlier. 

They'd have to down-res the assets to accommodate doubling what's being rendered , from two different viewpoints. There's no way the console can run two full FPSes as you want it to without being insanely optimized. Like end of gen optimized. Again, if Microsoft took it out, when that was one of Halo's defining features, what makes you think anybody else is gonna do it? Genuinely, real question, what makes you think this?

And lastly, yet again, if you were fully reading my post, you'd have noted "casual shooter." I don't have a doubt that like two or three other games are gonna have splitscreen, but I can't name another FPS outside of the Battlefront series that will have any sort of splitscreen. Again, I legitimately want to hear your reasoning on why you think any of the other big name shooters are going to have it, or why you think a new shooter is gonna come along for casual gamers that has it. 

I'm not going to respond to you any longer if you keep on implying that I'm not reading your posts. I am. Your points this post are just the same points reworded from your previous points, so I won't touch on those. Splitscreen has been done before and it can be done again. Thinking that it can't until the end of the generation is, simply put, foolish. Lastly, I don't have to give you a reason why I think a "casual shooter" this generation will have splitscreen. I think that there will be one that will. Take the bet or stop talking about it.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

rolltide101x said:
ohmylanta1003 said:

Please don't imply that I didn't read your post. It's fairly obvious from my response that I did, so there's no reason to even address that in your response. Can I not respond to your post simply because you put the word "likely" in front of it? That seems kind of odd. Also, stop making up numbers. You have no idea what these numbers are and your guesses aren't even based off of anything. Therefore, I'm not even going to talk about that part of your post.

Resolution would likely not have to be lowered and lowering the frame rate is something that's been done in the past. As for the laginess you're experiencing, I've heard nothing but glowing reviews about the beta in terms of connection. It's not laggy. That's you bruh.

As for the bet, I don't have to read your explanation as to why you don't think any game will have splitscreen to know that I would still like to take the bet. Are we talking about any splitscreen then? If so, I'd love to take the bet. Should be an easy one for you considering how confident you are.

Dude, splitscreen is pretty much dead and is not worth the effort. Do like me and my GF do when we want to play together. 2 PS4s, 2 TVs, and the digitial version of the game.

Will take that over playing a gimped splitscreen any day

I'll reply to these one at a time. This one is easy. Ka-pi already answered it for me. Expecting people to buy two consoles so that they can play a game together is outlandish.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

rolltide101x said:
Ka-pi96 said:
rolltide101x said:

Dude, splitscreen is pretty much dead and is not worth the effort. Do like me and my GF do when we want to play together. 2 PS4s, 2 TVs, and the digitial version of the game.

Will take that over playing a gimped splitscreen any day

Not everyone has the money/space to buy a second TV and a second console...

Solve that issue or do not gripe. Split screen is dying for a reason.... Split Screen in some games is fine but Split Screen in a modern FPS......

Why is splitscreen in a modern FPS a problem? It's been done in the past, I'm sure it can be done now.

rolltide101x said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Nice attitude there. You're basically saying do whatever it takes to do things your way or fuck off.

Nope, I am saying people are way to entitled. A VERY small percentage of gamers would actually play splitscreen, it is not worth taking away from other parts of the game.

So either buy a 2nd PS4 or do not gripe about it (or other platform)

A very small percentage of VGChartz users utilize splitscreen. Our community is different. You're basing your argument off of numbers that you don't know (just like that other guy in this thread). And it would hardly take away from other parts of the game (if at all).

Around the Network
ohmylanta1003 said:
rolltide101x said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Nice attitude there. You're basically saying do whatever it takes to do things your way or fuck off.

Nope, I am saying people are way to entitled. A VERY small percentage of gamers would actually play splitscreen, it is not worth taking away from other parts of the game.

So either buy a 2nd PS4 or do not gripe about it (or other platform)

A very small percentage of VGChartz users utilize splitscreen. Our community is different. You're basing your argument off of numbers that you don't know (just like that other guy in this thread). And it would hardly take away from other parts of the game (if at all).

LOL and where are your numbers? 

As I said before, buy a 2nd system or do not play together. Your choice.

I 100% promise you it will never get split-screen

rolltide101x said:
Ka-pi96 said:

I don't think people wanting different ways to play games (especially ways that have already existed and been in many other games of that genre in the past) is being 'way too entitled'.

It kinda is.... It benefits a small % of gamers and keeps devs from doing that they will benefit everybody. Do you not think there is a reason that split screen is going away? Do you think devs just have an agenda against it? It is because it is difficult to implement and it leads to a gimped experience.

If you were talking about a different type of game I might could agree with you but you would get SLAUGHTERED in a competitive shooter at a gimped framerate and using splitscreen. It is pointless

Again. The numbers thing. And it can't be that difficult to immplement, it's been done before. Most people that would be playing this game locally with a friend wouldn't care about a slight performance hit.

And that last point shows that you're completely out of touch with...everything. A.) Most people play games to have fun. If I'm playing with a friend on a couch online, do you really think I care about playing competitively? B.) Slaughtered is a huge exaggeration on your part. No one will be getting slaughtered playing a casual shooter because they are playing at 30 FPS. C.) This isn't really a competitive shooter. Especially if you are just searching for people online to play the game with.

I also hate that split screen is a thing of the past. It would have been enough with an offline mode where you fight for bases like in the old games, either with each other or against.

ohmylanta1003 said:

And that last point shows that you're completely out of touch with...

lol the guy asking for split-screen on an (non-coop) FPS in late 2015 is calling someone else "out of touch" that is gold.

Games like Borderlands have split-screen because it makes sense games like Battlefront do not have split-screen because it does not make sense

rolltide101x said:
ohmylanta1003 said:

LOL and where are your numbers? 

As I said before, buy a 2nd system or do not play together. Your choice.

I 100% promise you it will never get split-screen

I don't need numbers. I never brought numbers up. That's on you. And would you like to make the same bet as I did with the other guy? And your second point...I don't even know what to say. I'm not investing close to $1,000 so my friends can play an online shooter with me. We'll just play a different game.