By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: Twilight Princess possible HD release, not virtual console.

Which one do you think it is?

HD Remake 231 57.18%

Port to eShop 126 31.19%

Nothing 47 11.63%

Total:404
spemanig said:
Skullwaker said:

The data file is titled The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD.

The icon isn't simply the game and Wii logos, like all other Wii eShop games.

Well color me interested. Though not in a good way. I want a twilight Princess remake, but I want it to be done like the 3DS Zelda remakes, not like Wind Waker HD,  which is what I'm almost 100% sure it would be like. I don't think we're going to see Nintendo give that game the complete overhaul it needs desperately. 

Well all those remakes have some great improvements, especially WW HD and Majora's Mask 3D, in case of TP HD they will certainly improve some staffs too.

But personally, only bad things in TP were very empty world and bad utilization of items.

Around the Network
Nogamez said:
Why port wii games which have like a million copies sat on second hand shelves when the Wii U is BC? Shit don't make no sense to me

It doesn't make too sense, but in another hand TP Wii still has very high price.

Paatar said:
Nogamez said:
Why port wii games which have like a million copies sat on second hand shelves when the Wii U is BC? Shit don't make no sense to me

*Cough* Grand Theft Auto on PS4 and Xbox One *cough*

Same thing as the Wii U. Except Twilight Princess is almost 10 years old. 

It deserves a remake, not just a simple port.

Not exactly same thing because you can play TP Wii on Wii U.

Darwinianevolution said:

That would be dissapointing. Nintendo has remade almost every 3D Zelda this gen: OoT,MM,WW... If they remake TP, the only title left would be SS. Also, let Tantalus bring something Nintendo can't provide.

I think a TP remake that looks like the tech demo would be the furthest thing from a disappointment, especially when the current most likely game people are speculating is a Kindom Hearts X.5 game or Minecraft.

We can already play all Wii games on Wii U, so I dont think this is TP HD for Wii U, it's probably just TP Wii eShop release, same like other Wii games. I say this 85-90% just Wii port for eShop.

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
Dravenet7 said:
Somehow I'm disinterested. My expectations aren't high on this one at all. Despite the information leaning toward it, An HD remake seems like a bigger announcement, so the fact that an Eshop leak is a sign to me that this isn't going to big as everyone hopes

We all know Nintendo likes to surprise.

And like everyone (most?) people in this thread I thoroughly enjoy those suprises. I just don't see it being the case.

spemanig said:
Darwinianevolution said:

That would be dissapointing. Nintendo has remade almost every 3D Zelda this gen: OoT,MM,WW... If they remake TP, the only title left would be SS. Also, let Tantalus bring something Nintendo can't provide.

I think a TP remake that looks like the tech demo would be the furthest thing from a disappointment, especially when the current most likely game people are speculating is a Kindom Hearts X.5 game or Minecraft.

Still, if they have to make a remaster of a game, there are dozens of options before another Zelda. Even if the games are great, I don't know how much more Zelda people can take this gen. If they have to renake a GC/Wii title to HD, why not F-Zero GX, Mario Sunshine, Pikmin 1-2, Endless Ocean... And if they can work alongside other studios, why not Pokemon Colosseum/DX, Mario Strikers...

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Actually scratch everything I said. I didn't take into account the Tantalus port (I thought it would be a port from a game on another system), I also forgot about the Rogerbase 8-9 hype meter tweets. I'll keep my eyes open for the next week or so

Darwinianevolution said:

Still, if they have to make a remaster of a game, there are dozens of options before another Zelda. Even if the games are great, I don't know how much more Zelda people can take this gen. If they have to renake a GC/Wii title to HD, why not F-Zero GX, Mario Sunshine, Pikmin 1-2, Endless Ocean... And if they can work alongside other studios, why not Pokemon Colosseum/DX, Mario Strikers...

I can take five more Zelda's this gen, at least. Every single Zelda game released this gen has been well recieved. All. Of. Them.

Ocarina of Time 3D? Everybody loved it.

Wind Waker HD? Everybody loved it.

A Link Between Worlds? Everybody loved it.

Hyrule Warriors? Everybody loved it.

Majora's Mask 3D? Everybody loved it.

Tri Force Heroes is already being very well recieved, do that won't be different.

And Zelda U/NX is going to blast the lid wide open. People can take plenty more Zelda.

Nobody's asking for remakes of any of those games outside of GX. Nobody cares. TP is the most requested Nintendo remake now by far since MM3D was revealed, so people won't get tired of Zelda. As far as I'm concerned, this has been, by far, the best generation of Zelda. Being a yearly franchise should have been done ages ago if this is what we would have been in for.

spemanig said:
Darwinianevolution said:

I can take five more Zelda's this gen, at least. Every single Zelda game released this gen has been well recieved. All. Of. Them.

Ocarina of Time 3D? Everybody loved it.

Wind Waker HD? Everybody loved it.

A Link Between Worlds? Everybody loved it.

Hyrule Warriors? Everybody loved it.

Majora's Mask 3D? Everybody loved it.

Tri Force Heroes is already being very well recieved, do that won't be different.

And Zelda U/NX is going to blast the lid wide open. People can take plenty more Zelda.

Nobody's asking for remakes of any of those games outside of GX. Nobody cares. TP is the most requested Nintendo remake now by far since MM3D was revealed, so people won't get tired of Zelda. As far as I'm concerned, this has been, by far, the best generation of Zelda. Being a yearly franchise should have been done ages ago if this is what we would have been in for.

Lol wow.  If you wanna group Hyrule Warriors with all the other Zelda games its one of the worst reviewed Zelda games of all time if not the worst, everyone doesn't love it.  Tri Force Heroes has not been very well recieved can't believe anyone would say that lol.