By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Which 360 SKU to buy?

Euphoria14 said:
Munkeh111 said:
How big are xbox live games? I am thinking of getting Fable. Live is something that does interest me, and I am not considering getting the Arcade, so I do definitely need an HDD. However, amazon list the 360 as having an HDMI port (but no cable), although it does not on the product page. However, I don't have an HDTV connected yet, so HD content is no immediately required
However, if I can only use 13GB of space, then I may need the Elite, though in that situation it seems that waiting for the 60GB one is the best thing to do

I believe Fable is already BC with the 360. You can grab a disc copy for alot less than the 1200MS points it will cost you to download it.

$500 MS points for me in the US comes out to $7 and change when you include tax and the ridiculous $1 debit charge MS hits you with. Unless paying over $20 for an old game is no biggie, I guess you could go for the Elite.

It only costs £10 for it, which seems OK for me, especially as it is meant to be such a good game, and I am not desperate for the disk edition. Also, can you redownload stuff from Xbox live if the console dies

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:
Well, what exactly do you intend on using it for? Any multimedia or just gaming?

Mainly gaming, I have my PS3 for multimedia

Munkeh111 said:
Euphoria14 said:
Well, what exactly do you intend on using it for? Any multimedia or just gaming?

Mainly gaming, I have my PS3 for multimedia

Well, personally you should look into the game with a rental or *cough* download *cough* to see if this is something worth you paying an extra $100 for HDD space. Fable is a love it or hate it game, I enjoyed it for a while but it became very boring. It is like playing an MMORPG offline and by yourself. Actually, I will check the size of the game on the market place.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Oh, yes, Fable, what a game.

@Euphoria - I was just going by something I read about Superman HD being 7gb. And, I truely believe that Microsoft won't just stick with rentals, I think they'll make the transition into movie sales over the next year.

SamuelRSmith said:
Oh, yes, Fable, what a game.

@Euphoria - I was just going by something I read about Superman HD being 7gb. And, I truely believe that Microsoft won't just stick with rentals, I think they'll make the transition into movie sales over the next year.

Still insanely expensive.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:
It is like playing an MMORPG offline and by yourself. Actually, I will check the size of the game on the market place.

Making it an MMORPG

SamuelRSmith said:
Euphoria14 said:
It is like playing an MMORPG offline and by yourself. Actually, I will check the size of the game on the market place.

Making it an MMORPG

I know, lol. It just plays like an MMORPG, it is so similar it is scary. Maybe it is the whole western style that throws me off. Games like this, Guildwars, WoW and Oblivion bore me to tears.

No Elite needed anyways. Game is only 3.2 GB. Leaving about 10GB for your games which is more than enough. Considering other than Halo, there isn't much to warrant an Elite purchase on XBox originals alone... only 9 games available. How many available in Europe?

If he plans on buying numerous XBox originals however, maybe he should look into an Elite, but personally I would save the money for more 360 games.

Athough it is hard considering MS charges a stupid $170 for a 120GB HDD. This company is out of control with prices, proprietary hardware, etc... that it makes me sick. :(

I will take it that the TC is an RPG fan?

Currently playing:

Well, if Munkeh111 is already looking into one game, as the service has just launched, before he's already decided which model he's picking up, I'm pretty sure that within the next 5-6 years he'll spend gaming on his 360 he'll find other games that tickle his fancy.

One day Morrowind will be on there, and all the 20gb owners will scream (not me, though, I, for one, HATE Elder Scrolls games).

Are there many Xbox originals that I should buy?
Fable is the one that I am interested in at the moment, I could probably just borrow it off my friend first, but I would like the game for myself

SamuelRSmith said:
Well, if Munkeh111 is already looking into one game, as the service has just launched, before he's already decided which model he's picking up, I'm pretty sure that within the next 5-6 years he'll spend gaming on his 360 he'll find other games that tickle his fancy.

One day Morrowind will be on there, and all the 20gb owners will scream (not me, though, I, for one, HATE Elder Scrolls games).

2nd here. Elder scroll games are ridiculously overhyped.

I purchased Oblivion because everyone was like "GOTY GOTY GOTY". I played the game for about 10 hours... so boring.

I bought Blue Dragon when everyone was like "It sucks It sucks". 42 hours in and not looking back. :)

Currently playing: