By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo comes out on top in market share rankings for FY 2015 (Japan)

Ouroboros24 said:
HollyGamer said:
Ka-pi96 said:
HollyGamer said:

Maybe as mod you can help fix the tittle to "Games and Software Market Share Ranking " , because i  was trying to find where TOYOTA posistion on that chart,  dont mind the article from Nintendo they were intended to be like that because it's a click bait, but in here that title is really misleading. 

You're not serious right? It's a games website, so it's pretty obvious it's about games market share.

I am serious, Because when i saw the title market share ranking, it was remind me of a thread that top 100 brand on world and top 100 brand in Japan, So the title is a little bit confusing. I dont care about the tittle from Nintendo sites, because when it comes to Vgcharts OP can just explaine more on the title, and also it could have been a market share of hardware market share ??? Because Nintendo obviously make hardware as well

The title is not that confusing if you realize this is a gaming forum and most of the time if you're discussing market share you're talking about gaming industry market share.  Also, if you look at the list of companies involved, you'll see they're all game producing companies.  There would be big hints if you saw Honda or other japanese companies outside of gaming, but that's not the case.  And as for hardware, none of those other companies except for a few make hardware for gaming. 

Maybe if you were confused for a few seconds, but you couldn't have been confused enough to ask to change the title because you're having that big of a problem with it. 

The title is misleading it's a fact because OP definetly try to make people click , when people read " Nintendo comes out on Top on Market share " there are alot of posibilities :        1. Nintendo gain a lot of market Share on Software sales

2. Nintendo gain a lot of share on Portable Consoles sales

3. Nintendo gain  a lot of share on Home Consoles sales

4. Nintendo gain a lot of share on home product  sales or toys like Amiibos.

5. Nintendo gain  alot of market share as general compared to any other electronic company as a brand.

IT IS A BIT MiSLEADING, I am not trying to derail the thread because it's obvious make me click the thread and thought this is a bout market share in general or hardware of home consoles. Am i wrong to give some opinion on tittle. NO!!! I am just saying, especially OP is a MOD that definetly understand this simple rule.

Around the Network
HollyGamer said:
Ouroboros24 said:
HollyGamer said:
Ka-pi96 said:
HollyGamer said:

Maybe as mod you can help fix the tittle to "Games and Software Market Share Ranking " , because i  was trying to find where TOYOTA posistion on that chart,  dont mind the article from Nintendo they were intended to be like that because it's a click bait, but in here that title is really misleading. 

You're not serious right? It's a games website, so it's pretty obvious it's about games market share.

I am serious, Because when i saw the title market share ranking, it was remind me of a thread that top 100 brand on world and top 100 brand in Japan, So the title is a little bit confusing. I dont care about the tittle from Nintendo sites, because when it comes to Vgcharts OP can just explaine more on the title, and also it could have been a market share of hardware market share ??? Because Nintendo obviously make hardware as well

The title is not that confusing if you realize this is a gaming forum and most of the time if you're discussing market share you're talking about gaming industry market share.  Also, if you look at the list of companies involved, you'll see they're all game producing companies.  There would be big hints if you saw Honda or other japanese companies outside of gaming, but that's not the case.  And as for hardware, none of those other companies except for a few make hardware for gaming. 

Maybe if you were confused for a few seconds, but you couldn't have been confused enough to ask to change the title because you're having that big of a problem with it. 

The title is misleading it's a fact because OP definetly try to make people click , when people read " Nintendo comes out on Top on Market share " there are alot of posibilities :        1. Nintendo gain a lot of market Share on Software sales

5. Nintendo gain  alot of market share as general compared to any other electronic company as a brand.

IT IS A BIT MiSLEADING, I am not trying to derail the thread because it's obvious make me click the thread and thought this is a bout market share in general or hardware of home consoles. Am i wrong to give some opinion on tittle. NO!!! I am just saying, especially OP is a MOD that definetly understand this simple rule.

You're entitled to do whatever is available to you.  Just saying, it's funny that it was such a complex maze to decipher, all those tricky puzzles, it was like a Zelda dungeon.  

Ouroboros24 said:
HollyGamer said:
Ouroboros24 said:
HollyGamer said:
Ka-pi96 said:
HollyGamer said:

You're entitled to do whatever is available to you.  Just saying, it's funny that it was such a complex maze to decipher, all those tricky puzzles, it was like a Zelda dungeon.  

Lol,  in VGChart if you made a wrong tittle on the thread MOD can give some warning, even for simple thing MOD on this sites can be very strick, Most of people who made a tricky tittle, flaming, misleading always get a warning sometimes they get banned. I am not saying i was blaming OP, it's just i am trying to contribute to the society on here. Like every other member.

japan is nintendo's undefeated stronghold

97alexk said:

Wouldn't say undefeated, but yeah, they know where their base is and will be all to happy to find a way to feed their own monster (3DS).

Around the Network

Great love what i see here

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

Nice :)

NoirSon said:
97alexk said:

Wouldn't say undefeated, but yeah, they know where their base is and will be all to happy to find a way to feed their own monster (3DS).

Despite wiiu having a huge 700k+ seller. :o

PwerlvlAmy said:

1. Nintendo – 32.1%
2. Level 5 – 11.9%
3. Square Enix – 11%
4. Bandai Namco – 10.7%
5. Konami – 5.3%
6. Capcom – 4.9%
7. Sony Computer Entertainment – 3.1%
8. GunHo – 2.3%
9. Spike Chunsoft – 1.8%
10. Marvelous – 1.5%

A third of the share.. keep up the fight Nintendo!