By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo comes out on top in market share rankings for FY 2015 (Japan)

spemanig said:

Sony makes more money than Nintendo in Japan.

What are you looking at, Poliwrathlord?

I'm looking at your glaring face.

Around the Network
Poliwrathlord said:

I'm looking at your glaring face.

PwerlvlAmy said:

According to Dengeki nintendo accounted for almost a third of total games sold 

below is the stats and some of the article

Dengeki has posted a listing of the top 10 publishers in Japan for the first half of fiscal year 2015 based on market share. Nintendo ended up selling the most games during the period, and managed to secure nearly a third of total games sold.

Here’s the full lineup:

1. Nintendo – 32.1%
2. Level 5 – 11.9%
3. Square Enix – 11%
4. Bandai Namco – 10.7%
5. Konami – 5.3%
6. Capcom – 4.9%
7. Sony Computer Entertainment – 3.1%
8. GunHo – 2.3%
9. Spike Chunsoft – 1.8%
10. Marvelous – 1.5%

and apparently from a year ago, nintendo is up like 24%

http://nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-comes-out-on-top-in-market-share-rankings-for-fy-2015-japan/

Maybe as mod you can help fix the tittle to "Games and Software Market Share Ranking " , because i  was trying to find where TOYOTA posistion on that chart,  dont mind the article from Nintendo they were intended to be like that because it's a click bait, but in here that title is really misleading. 

HollyGamer said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

Dengeki has posted a listing of the top 10 publishers in Japan for the first half of fiscal year 2015 based on market share. Nintendo ended up selling the most games during the period, and managed to secure nearly a third of total games sold.

Here’s the full lineup:

1. Nintendo – 32.1%
2. Level 5 – 11.9%
3. Square Enix – 11%
4. Bandai Namco – 10.7%
5. Konami – 5.3%
6. Capcom – 4.9%
8. GunHo – 2.3%
9. Spike Chunsoft – 1.8%
10. Marvelous – 1.5%

http://nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-comes-out-on-top-in-market-share-rankings-for-fy-2015-japan/

Maybe as mod you can help fix the tittle to "Games and Software Market Share Ranking " , because i  was trying to find where TOYOTA posistion on that chart,  dont mind the article from Nintendo they were intended to be like that because it's a click bait, but in here that title is really misleading. 

The percentage is going to be a lot higher if we're talking hardware, lol.

Samus Aran said:
HollyGamer said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

Here’s the full lineup:

1. Nintendo – 32.1%
2. Level 5 – 11.9%
3. Square Enix – 11%
4. Bandai Namco – 10.7%
5. Konami – 5.3%
6. Capcom – 4.9%
8. GunHo – 2.3%
9. Spike Chunsoft – 1.8%
10. Marvelous – 1.5%

The percentage is going to be a lot higher if we're talking hardware, lol.

Obviously i dont care lol, because portable console should be on Nintendo and Home conole is on SONY lol, because the title is misleading, btw you seem really fall inlove with me by always trying to rply me.

Around the Network

Some of those company only have 1-3 franchise that is keeping them relevant, while Nintendo has lots. 2nd half would be very intresting.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Talking about domination in Japan.

I could've swore Nintendo was doomed or something.

Ka-pi96 said:
HollyGamer said:

You're not serious right? It's a games website, so it's pretty obvious it's about games market share.

I am serious, Because when i saw the title market share ranking, it was remind me of a thread that top 100 brand on world and top 100 brand in Japan, So the title is a little bit confusing. I dont care about the tittle from Nintendo sites, because when it comes to Vgcharts OP can just explaine more on the title, and also it could have been a market share of hardware market share ??? Because Nintendo obviously make hardware as well

HollyGamer said:
Ka-pi96 said:
HollyGamer said:

You're not serious right? It's a games website, so it's pretty obvious it's about games market share.

I am serious, Because when i saw the title market share ranking, it was remind me of a thread that top 100 brand on world and top 100 brand in Japan, So the title is a little bit confusing. I dont care about the tittle from Nintendo sites, because when it comes to Vgcharts OP can just explaine more on the title, and also it could have been a market share of hardware market share ??? Because Nintendo obviously make hardware as well

The title is not that confusing if you realize this is a gaming forum and most of the time if you're discussing market share you're talking about gaming industry market share.  Also, if you look at the list of companies involved, you'll see they're all game producing companies.  There would be big hints if you saw Honda or other japanese companies outside of gaming, but that's not the case.  And as for hardware, none of those other companies except for a few make hardware for gaming. 

Maybe if you were confused for a few seconds, but you couldn't have been confused enough to ask to change the title because you're having that big of a problem with it.