By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is The Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes going to be the lowest scoring Zelda game?

Is The Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes going to be the lowest scoring Zelda game?

Yes 28 26.17%

No 79 73.83%

Total:107
Goodnightmoon said:
Teeqoz said:

Yaaah, but like I said, I think 76 was way too low for Nexus, and, let's be honest, reviewers have a little tendency to score certain franchises high regardless (Let's not kid ourselves).

I wish I could say this game would certainly score less than Into the Nexus, but I doubt that will be the reality.

Oh so you wish this game has a bad score even when you don´t know if the game is good at all. Great.

I think this game looks incredibly meh. I did not say I wish this game has a bad score though, I said I wish I could say with certainty that this game would've gotten a lower score than Into the Nexus (a game I liked and think was incredibly under appreciated), because this game looks worse. And don't act like you can't possibly tell quality in a game from gameplay videos etc. because you can, simple as that.

Just to make it clear, "less than into the nexus" == "bad" even though you seem to think so.

Around the Network

Probably not, but my guess is around 75

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

kitler53 said:
Goodnightmoon said:

That´s simply BS that some people want to believe because they hate the fact that Zelda is probably the best franchise ever. Other than the DS games, I have not feel any Zelda significantly overrated by Metacritic at all.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/ds/the-legend-of-zelda-phantom-hourglass

http://www.metacritic.com/game/ds/the-legend-of-zelda-spirit-tracks

so basically you agree with me.   i never said all zelda games are bad or even overrated,.. i said they all review well regardless of game quality.

I already said those 2 were overrated, and not really because the games are bad, they aren´t at all, they were well done, with amazing graphics for the consol, with clever dungeons, etc, the problem is the tactic controls get old really fast and the game can only be played that way, wich finally drowns the fun for a lot of people including me, otherwise those would have been great. And those 2 are the exception, a very little exception compared with the entire saga.

Goodnightmoon said:
Samus Aran said:
Slarvax said:
Why would it? I don't see anything wrong with it.
And reviewers love Zelda eithr way. +80 just for being Zelda, but below 85 for being a spin off.

Everything is wrong with it. Graphics, art design, level design, gameplay, no voice chat (have fun playing online), tedious singleplayer, story, can't play with people across different continents online, etc.

The second lowest scoring Zelda game is 84% btw.

Oh come on Samus, half of the things you say here is simply false and the other half are minor problems.

Have you played ALBW to begin with? Because the graphics and artstyle of that game looked really good on my 3ds screen, in fact I'm replaying it right now and I'm thinking the same, this game looks elegantly beautiful, the way it translates ALTTP style to this age and day is remarkable, it may not look impressive on pictures but it really does its work once you play it.

ALBW is one of my most favorite Zelda games, but the artstyle and graphics are easily the worst part of the game. Even then, the graphics of ALBW actually packed a lot more detail than the bland empty levels we've seen from Triforce Heroes. ALTTP is pixel-styled, while ALBW has ugly polygonal graphics.

The same goes to the gameplay, that game is superb in that sense and this one has the same, is impossible that the gameplay is bad, in ALBW even cutting the grass is fun.

The gameplay is not the same as ALBW at all. The best part, being able to turn into a painting on a wall or surface, is missing. The game is also level-based and linear as fuck when ALBW has an open overworld with non-linear level design.

The story? really? the story? that´s the important thing on a 3 co-op multiplayer zelda spin - off, the story?? when even some of the biggest zelda games have pretty standart stories... just no.

Yes, watch those cringeworthy trailers of this game, the story is a joke and impossible to take serious. At least come up with something good.

The voice chat? What? So you don´t think that´s a big deal on Splatoon and suddlenly it is a big deal with this one?? There is 8 fundamental messages you can easily send to your mates with only the touch of your finger, that´s more comunication that you need, Nintendo is definitely not realising a game where kids can talk to strange people, and you know that.

Splatoon doesn't require you to work together to solve puzzles. I've seen plenty of gameplay footage of the game and people struggled at the most easiest of puzzles because they couldn't communicate or sucked in gaming in general (and Super Mario Maker should have already proven to you that most people suck at gaming). You can do your own thing in Splatoon, just spray ink on grounds where needed.

The level design i have seen in all the new videos does not look bad at all, is like a mix between four swords and ALBTW but with the puzzles made for 3 people and more cooperative than 4 swords. 

It's nothing like those games. Four Swords was more competitive than a game based around teamwork. The level design is bland, empty and generic.

The tedious singleplayer is the only one of your complainst that seems it could be valid, but on a game that is so heavily focused on the multiplayer, it is pretty normal if the singleplayer is not as good as the multi, we have seen that before many times in many great games. And not to be able to play with people in different continent sounds like a very minor complain, is gonna be a problem for a vast minority, mostly people like us that play with people we meet in forums, but even in that case there is a lot of european and NA and even japanese people here for instance.

It is not going to be the lowest scoring Zelda, in fact it looks pretty good for what it is .

Umm...no. When you're as starving for Zelda U as I am, I just take whatever Nintendo dishes out to ease my pain. I actually like the art style. The gameplay seems decent enough and unlike the other "Four Swords" games, it actually has a town and the costume mechanics are pretty cool. It will score around the low to mid 80's. Zelda II is the worst Zelda I've ever played so I don't think this could get any "less zelda".

Around the Network

History tells us games with the word "Heroes" in the title usually suck or are average to below average

Xxain said:
History tells us games with the word "Heroes" in the title usually suck or are average to below average

Dragon Quest Heroes looks pretty good to me, nothing mind-blowing but certainly nothing that sucks.

Goodnightmoon said:
Xxain said:

Dragon Quest Heroes looks pretty good to me, nothing mind-blowing but certainly nothing that sucks.

Sounds like your saying "looks average" 

Xxain said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Sounds like your saying "looks average" 

No, things are not black and white, there are a lot of tones in he middle, Dragon Quest Heroes looks like a ton of fun, all its aspects look good (graphics, gameplay, music, content, performance) and that´s hardly average, on the other hand it doesn´t look like a classic, it is not redefining a genre and doesn´t look like the most memorable game, but not to be one of the best games ever does not make it automatically average, it looks pretty good, and that´s fine enough.

If that happens, will be the only thing that game deserves. Even for a spin-off, this is a low effort.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile