By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - What will be the biggest ps4 seller in japan for the holidays?

Cloudman said:
Teeqoz said:
Cloudman said:

...Yeah, that could be one. The COD games are slowly getting more popular in Japan.

That's kinda weird considering they are slowly decreasing in sales in Japan.

They are? I don't know what the sales are, but I used to hear how more kids and teens liked playing shooters... Some adults too.

They have been decreasing in sales since Black Ops 2.

Black Ops 2 sold 220k first week in Japan.

Ghosts sold 190k first week in Japan.

Advanced Warfare sold 144k first week in Japan.

Though of course, the Black Ops subseries has been one particularly popular for CoD in Japan, so Black Ops 3 should do well enough.

EDIT: Also note that Black Ops 3 is cross gen, so the PS3 version should at least steal some sales. It could beat Fallout 4 as the topselling (western) game (cause for all I know some japanese game I haven't heard of beats both of them), but I think that is more likely to be a result of it launching earlier.

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:
Cloudman said:
Teeqoz said:
Cloudman said:

...Yeah, that could be one. The COD games are slowly getting more popular in Japan.

They are? I don't know what the sales are, but I used to hear how more kids and teens liked playing shooters... Some adults too.

Though of course, the Black Ops subseries has been one particularly popular for CoD in Japan, so Black Ops 3 should do well enough.

Wow, that is dropping. Though maybe it can still be the best seller for the holidays... Speaking of which, I can't find what the holiday releases are for Japan... T_T

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Only 3 PS4 games will sell more than 200k this holiday season in Japan:

- Call of Duty: Black Ops III

- Star Wars: Battlefront

- Fallout 4

It's difficult to guess which one will sale more than these three. I'd say Battlefront.

Gravity Daze? Exist Achive? Don't make me laugh.

Media Create Annual Archive (Spanish version)

http://zonaforo.meristation.com/topic/2246651/

Teeqoz said:
Cloudman said:
Teeqoz said:
Cloudman said:

EDIT: Also note that Black Ops 3 is cross gen, so the PS3 version should at least steal some sales. It could beat Fallout 4 as the topselling (western) game (cause for all I know some japanese game I haven't heard of beats both of them), but I think that is more likely to be a result of it launching earlier.

Black Ops 3 for PS3 is TBA in Japan.

Ka-pi96 said:
Isn't Dragon Quest Heroes 2 releasing soonish? My bet would be that, it is Dragon Quest in Japan after all...

I think that was pushed back to 2016.

OT: I think it's either gonna be Fallout 4 or Star Wars Battlefront. I may give the edge to Battlefront though.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Skullwaker said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Isn't Dragon Quest Heroes 2 releasing soonish? My bet would be that, it is Dragon Quest in Japan after all...

I think that was pushed back to 2016.

OT: I think it's either gonna be Fallout 4 or Star Wars Battlefront. I may give the edge to Battlefront though.

Oh

Well I still think it will be a Japanese game rather than a western one, so I'll go with God Eater Resurrection.

You're right. If you are talking about Vita, of course.

MGS5 it allready is. Maybe bloodborne willl move some copies

Ruler said:

The title says holiday.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Skullwaker said:
Ruler said:

The title says holiday.

mgs5 camne in the holidays season

Ka-pi96 said:
hiska-kun said:

You're right. If you are talking about Vita, of course.

You think the PS4 version will flop or something?

God Eater 2: Rage Burst has only sold like 70k (tops) on the PS4... Meanwhile CoD Advanced Warfare (PS4) sold more than that in its first week.