By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Halo vs Pricedrop. PS4 vs XB1. Good vs Evil. who will win Oct NPD?

Who will win Oct NPD

PS4 by 100k+ 136 22.74%

PS4 by 50K+ 103 17.22%

PS4 by less than 50K 88 14.72%

XB1 by 100k+ 65 10.87%

XB1 by 50K+ 43 7.19%

XB1 By less than 50k 39 6.52%

Statistical Tie But PS4 Egdes The Win 36 6.02%

Statistical Tie But XB1 Egdes The Win 25 4.18%

Wi... lol.. JK See Results 63 10.54%

Total:598

Holy shit are we doing this? Really guys?

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network

^^ Can certainly say with confidence that if X1 is to overtake PS4 at some point, it won't be this year like many people predicted after December NPD 2014.

aLkaLiNE said:

How could the Sony product ever be considered evil against a corporation like Microsoft? I suggest ommiting the 'good vs evil' from your title and replacing it with, perhaps colors? Blue vs Green? This is the tale of the underdog turning the tables, not the story of a corporate pig tripping over its shoe lace. Your title is just asking to stir the pot here.

OT: If the PS4 had dropped to $300 then I would be certain of a victory this month in North America.  As it stands, I think we will still see them edge out a very minor win unless Microsoft reacts through price deals of its own.

I think I really need to be educated on why the PlayStation brand is an underdog that turned the tables.... 

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

Can any game compete with a $50 price cut. I think PS4 by a mile.

I'll go with Halo 5 taking the crown. I think that will be the biggest hardware boost we'll see X1 this gen. Think sony has Novemeber though

Around the Network

Actually think ps4 might win the NPD, after the price cut.

7-10k difference

Imaginedvl said:

How can you seriously believe Sony would not kick Microsoft out of the gaming market if they could? Same goes from Microsoft. Both of them are here to win and sometime Sony wins, sometime Microsoft does. But both are big corporations (none are evil tho, only idiotic fanboys see it that way), both are businesses that cares about one thing : money and profits :) And if they can kill a competitor in the process, they will...

And Sony would buy market share if they could (they did actually lately exactly what Microsoft did with the 360...)...
Also bashing Microsoft's IP is just your own oppinion, as I can genuely say the same from Sony's IP... (will not even start to say my oppion on that because it will derail the thread). So no, "we do not know" they breed hardly creating IP. This is LARGELY tainted by Sony or Microsoft supporters. For Sony supporters, Microsoft's IP are bad... For Microsoft's supporters > Sony's IPs are bad and quite boring... If you look at each AAA IPs from each side and how much they sell each, it is kind of equivalent. I will even argue that MS is coming out with more interresting new IPs (to me) right now with the Xbox One but again, matter of oppinion and preferences.

Only thing is that neither Microsoft or Sony can kick the other one out of the ring... Which is awesome for the consumers :)

Both are not trying to do that.  I suspect Sony could rid MS of the console space rather easily; It's not in their best interest to do so though because they benefit from the competition. MS conversely created Xbox to stop Playstations growth as a brand in what they percieved as a threat to the PC space.  Additionally the means to which each company are willing to go through for success is not parallel to each other.  We have little to few examples of Sony buying their success as opposed to generating it, or devaluing their brand to maintain marketshare.  On a moral level, I find it much easier to justify the purchase of a PS4 over an X1.

@ the bold - This is not a matter of your opinion on the fun factor of first party titles.  This is a matter of your opinion on 1st party IP creation.

And just to iterate - 

Halo - Bought from an independent company.

Gears of War - Bought from an independent company.

Minecraft - Bought from an independent company.

Fable - Bought from an independent company. 

What major IPs are left afterward that they had a hand in creating?

Forza; There's more, I know there's more so I'm sure you'll be able to list them off.

PenguinZ said:

I think I really need to be educated on why the PlayStation brand is an underdog that turned the tables.... 

Sony the company was the underdog, you know this from reading one of my previous posts.  By extension of that, and given the massive loss of marketshare during the 7th gen world wide, let alone in the US, you can say from looking at sales trends that they came into the 8th gen as an underdog - We had a bankrupt Sony and the massive failure that was the PS3 combined with the then recent PSN hacking.  They were absolutely an underdog who were operating on razor thin margins.  

Normchacho said:
Holy shit are we doing this? Really guys?

I just wanted the "Good vs Evil" to be taken out of the title... to avoid this :P 

X1 by a couple and yes expect a bunch of comeback threads

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Ps4 for sure. If halo had an extra week no way.