By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox One sells better than PS4 in Latin America (2014)

Ka-pi96 said:
What's with these random groupings? I mean some Latin American countries are also a part of North America so what's up with that? Why not just do North/South America? Likewise with Europe, why is that split up? What's western Europe? Does it include Italy/Greece and the like or not?

Because Mexico is economical and culturally more similar to all countries in South America and Central America than United States and Canada. Same goes for Europe.

Also, you ask in a later post why do people enlarge one region and make another smaller. Well, their intention is not to play with region sizes, but to group those ones with similar characteristics into just one. You just can't compare the relation Mexico and the United States that easily, because, to start, the Northern ones speak English and are historically more related to Protestant Europe and the Southern ones once conformed many cultures that were absorbed by Catholic traditions, and the same applied with most of the rest of South America.

Thus, economical and cultural differences became inevitable between them.

However, that doesn't change the fact that Mexico is part of North America, along with Canada, United States.

We can play with Geography however we want, depending on our needs, and nothing really changes. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Metallox said:
Ka-pi96 said:
What's with these random groupings? I mean some Latin American countries are also a part of North America so what's up with that? Why not just do North/South America? Likewise with Europe, why is that split up? What's western Europe? Does it include Italy/Greece and the like or not?

Because Mexico is economical and culturally more similar to all countries in South America and Central America than United States and Canada. Same goes for Europe.

Also, you ask in a later post why do people enlarge one region and make another smaller. Well, their intention is not to play with region sizes, but to group those ones with similar characteristics into just one. You just can't compare the relation Mexico and the United States that easily, because, to start, the Northern ones speak English and are historically more related to Protestant Europe and the Southern ones once conformed many cultures that were absorbed by Catholic traditions, and the same applied with most of the rest of South America.

Thus, economical and cultural differences became inevitable between them.

However, that doesn't change the fact that Mexico is part of North America, along with Canada, United States.

We can play with Geography however we want, depending on our needs, and nothing really changes. 

Well for one thing that doesn't really have much to do with game sales, but also if that's the reasons then why aren't the Germanic/Latin parts of Europe split up as well, why are they all put together? And also one of the other regions listed there is 'Asia Pacific'. I'm pretty sure Mexico has more in common with the US than Australia does with China, but Australia and China are grouped together while US/Mexico aren't.

But yeah, while it does seem odd can't fault it much, it's a whole lot better than no data

I guess it's just about consumption patterns of dedicated machines. The "Western" markets sell a lot of consoles, Latin America is in the mid-term and this Asia-Pacific thing definitely makes up for irrelevant sales, Japan aside. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

ZhugeEX said:

In Latin America the Xbox One was the best selling next generation console in 2014 through official sales channels.

Since most sales in Latin America come from imported systems and not official stores, I'm pretty sure the PS4 is leading in Latin America.

lehamsy said:
ZhugeEX said:

In Latin America the Xbox One was the best selling next generation console in 2014 through official sales channels.

Since most sales in Latin America come from imported systems and not official stores, I'm pretty sure the PS4 is leading in Latin America.

No my friend...

PS4s don´t came to LA from Mars. They are shipped here through Paraguay or Urugay.

In the most affordable way they came from USA in turist luggages. And that is still counts as shipped from some were.

The grey market is not a magical place where harware pop into existence.

BraLoD said:
jason1637 said:

Okay so XBO sold more put ps4 is more popular in Brazil.

In fact it didn't sold more, the PS4 wasn't being stealed here, it was the one that had the most number of actual sales, but most of them does not account from here, but to other countries as the origin of the PS4 the retalier/store bought to sell here.

Pretty much what happened last gen, when official channels account the 360 as a supreme winner in sales, if fact there were a very well divided market here, you can notice that on software sales, specially by used games sales, the flux of PS3 games, again specially the used games, was really higher than the 360 games. There are probably more PS3 systems in brazilian homes than 360 systems as well. (though that one was a contested gen, the 360 got really popular here as well, when the XBO doesn't seem to be now).

So, no, the XBO doesn't sells better here in Brazil, just in official channels, which represents a small part of the actual sales.

As I said, that's a distorted truth, stating it sells better here.

Ok so ps4 sold more in Vrazil?