By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 Get's $50 Price Cut At Target

pbroy said:
Roronaa_chan said:

It'd also help to know that the topic isn't about a price cut but about a gift card offer which is the same thing I was talking about. If any of you went off topic before I came in that's your problem

That's not what the topic creator says. 😒

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7555619

This topic creator is always wrong

A 399.99 with 50 gift card as a deal on a product that costs 349 without the gift card..makes..no..sense. That is not a deal, an offer or a promotion of any kind

http://www.target.com/c/playstation-4-consoles-video-games/-/N-55ks1#?lnk=L1L2_Vid_09291_0_X0Y3W4_23_8_2015|X0Y3W4|T:Template B-DVM|C:CMS&intc=1486066|null

What they're doing is selling all PS4s at 399.99 but the already released bundles come with a 50 gift card. (The Uncharted bundle will probably also come with one by time of release)

The only way this is not true is if the official price cut happens when Uncharted releases. We've all thought it would be at PGW... I mean, it's not impossible that it happens this week, but how likely is it compared to happening at the end of the month?

Around the Network
Roronaa_chan said:
pbroy said:

That's not what the topic creator says. 😒

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7555619

A 399.99 with 50 gift card as a deal on a product that costs 349 without the gift card..makes..no..sense. That is not a deal, an offer or a promotion of any kind

http://www.target.com/c/playstation-4-consoles-video-games/-/N-55ks1#?lnk=L1L2_Vid_09291_0_X0Y3W4_23_8_2015|X0Y3W4|T:Template B-DVM|C:CMS&intc=1486066|null

What they're doing is selling all PS4s at 399.99 but the already released bundles come with a 50 gift card. (The Uncharted bundle will probably also come with one by time of release)

You should join in in our class action lawsuit, when he creates it. Dat false advertising... 😜

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
pbroy said:

You should join in in our class action lawsuit, when he creates it. Dat false advertising... 😜

I read on gaf just now that the ad is gone? Seems to confirm the suspicion.. A cut will happen some time this month, either later this week or at PGW, and until then they're doing the gift card offer. The ad went up too early

Roronaa_chan said:

The only way this is not true is if the official price cut happens when Uncharted releases. We've all thought it would be at PGW... I mean, it's not impossible that it happens this week, but how likely is it compared to happening at the end of the month?

hmmm...voucher eh..

that is a promotion since you get a $50 voucher. 

some would think "hey! price off!" but its really not since you can only spend that voucher at target or something like that. you essentially get the ps4 for $50 less, but target still gets the 50 bucks. 

better than nuthin i suppose. This si most likely sony initiated or will be shouldered by sony. 

my expert opinion would be to wait till the last or second to the last day of the promotion as a similar thing may soon be available at a retailer of your choice or preference.

So a price cut is coming, but Target put their page up early.

I hope MS cuts in response. The Forza bundle will make a great 2nd Xbone.

Around the Network
ils411 said:
Azuren said:

It had a new SKU released at a lower price (counts as a price cut, precedent set when Sony released the $400 PS4 model), and that model was later cut by $50.

Two price drops in less than three years.

Here we go again with the ignorance.

Xbox One has only had one (1) price-cut.

The $400.00 is a NEW SKU with NEW configuration at a new price point and it is not, again, IT IS NOT, a price-cut.

A price cut is the lessening or lowering of the price of an item. 

The new SKU is NOT the same item as it doesn't NOT have KINECT. A New SKU at a NEW Price Point, is in no way a Price-Cut. It terms of suber uber lame examples

Shampoo A 100ml -> $3.99

Shapmoo A 50ml -> $1.99

See that? thats not a price cut, its a smaller sized pack of the same shampoo and priced differenty. Not a price cut, but a different SKU. much like how the Xbox One + Kinect is a different sku from Xbox One without Kinect.

If there were two price cuts, 100 and 5o dollars respectively, than the original SKU, the Xbox One + KInect would now be $349.00

But it isn't is it? That 's because ONLY ONE PRICE-CUT.

Original Xbox One + Kinect = $499.00 Now $449.00

Xbox One WITHOUT Kinect - $400.00 Now $349.00 

See that? only one cut.

I dare anyone to point me to MS cutting the price of the original Xbox One + Kinect bundle TWICE...None? yeah. Coz, Only one Price-CUt.

Someone here gets it. 

ils411 said:
Cartmanbrah said:

Forgot about that one but if you're referring to the kinect-less SKU then that isn't a price cut. A price cut is the exact same item with a reduced price. Kinect was taken away so its obvious the price would go down. You are not getting the same item at a lower price. You are getting less for a lower price. 

hmmm... for some strange reason, you remind me of someone i dont like on this forums...

eh.. doesn't matter, its nice to see someone else who gets it. 

Who?

Really nice!

I hope Walmart will offer a good deal. I'll work on Thanksgiving or Black Friday so I can get that 25%-off voucher.

There is (or was) something different about this announcement from the voucher announcement. If you put out a bundle with added value (let's say a game to make this point clear), you would not expect the retailer to tell you it was a price drop, they would simply use the standard price and show a picture of the game, they wouldn't call it a price drop, take $60 off the original price and forget to mention the game. Anyone who can't see why there's a difference is not thinking logically.

And DO NOT spread rubbish like 'The OP is always wrong'. If it's wrong then it's Target's mistake not mine. I simply posted what they have advertised.

The PS5 Exists.