By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 Get's $50 Price Cut At Target

OP, let's sue Target. Write up the class lawsuit.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network
Azuren said:
Cartmanbrah said:

Just wanted to point that out since xbox gets attacked and some users here say xbox has had a lot of price cuts when it's only had 1. 

It had a new SKU released at a lower price (counts as a price cut, precedent set when Sony released the $400 PS4 model), and that model was later cut by $50.

Two price drops in less than three years.

Here we go again with the ignorance.

Xbox One has only had one (1) price-cut.

The $400.00 is a NEW SKU with NEW configuration at a new price point and it is not, again, IT IS NOT, a price-cut.

A price cut is the lessening or lowering of the price of an item. 

The new SKU is NOT the same item as it doesn't NOT have KINECT. A New SKU at a NEW Price Point, is in no way a Price-Cut. It terms of suber uber lame examples

Shampoo A 100ml -> $3.99

Shapmoo A 50ml -> $1.99

See that? thats not a price cut, its a smaller sized pack of the same shampoo and priced differenty. Not a price cut, but a different SKU. much like how the Xbox One + Kinect is a different sku from Xbox One without Kinect.

If there were two price cuts, 100 and 5o dollars respectively, than the original SKU, the Xbox One + KInect would now be $349.00

But it isn't is it? That 's because ONLY ONE PRICE-CUT.

Original Xbox One + Kinect = $499.00 Now $449.00

Xbox One WITHOUT Kinect - $400.00 Now $349.00 

See that? only one cut.

I dare anyone to point me to MS cutting the price of the original Xbox One + Kinect bundle TWICE...None? yeah. Coz, Only one Price-CUt.

ils411 said:
Azuren said:

It had a new SKU released at a lower price (counts as a price cut, precedent set when Sony released the $400 PS4 model), and that model was later cut by $50.

Sure, if something like this doesn't constitute a price cut, cause XB1 was 280-300 dollars for most of the holidays 2014, not 350.

Wonktonodi said:
Cartmanbrah said:

Forgot about that one but if you're referring to the kinect-less SKU then that isn't a price cut. A price cut is the exact same item with a reduced price. Kinect was taken away so its obvious the price would go down. You are not getting the same item at a lower price. You are getting less for a lower price. 

I think he ment the ps3 and it's a similar case since the new model didn't have bc live the old ps3 models had.

As for the x one. From many consumers. The priced of the new model that wasn't available before was the equivalent of a price cut. They didn't have to pay as much for what they wanted. Microsoft just cutting the price, or Microsoft taking something out the consumer didn't want to reduce the price makes no difference to them. 

Another way of putting it is Microsoft reduced the minimum asking price to play on the Xbox one. yes there were less features, but reducing the price of entry is a big deal and doing it twice in a year was a big deal.

Wrong. For many consumers, its a way to get an Xbox One at a cheaper price without the kinect that no one really wanted. they didn't go "hey $399.00 Xbox one without kinect!! price cut!" they went "hey! xbox one for $399.00 WITHOUT KINECT! HELLZ YEAH!!!"

And yes, it does make a difference, its a matter of lower price with lesser value. but most of the early adopters are the core gamers and don't care for kinect, hence the perception that the removal of kinect didn't change the value. 

if the kinect bundle was reduced in price to $399 and the without kinect one was $349, you can bet your ass that everyone will be willing to shell out the extra $50 for the kinect coz of greater value. 

considering that there was only 1 cut, thats not that big a deal. what makes it a big deal is the fact that MS had to cut the price so soon after launch. much like how nintendo was forced to cut the price of the O3Ds so soon after release due to crapy sales. 

ils411 said:
Azuren said:

The $400.00 is a NEW SKU with NEW configuration at a new price point and it is not, again, IT IS NOT, a price-cut.

A price cut is the lessening or lowering of the price of an item. 

The new SKU is NOT the same item as it doesn't NOT have KINECT. A New SKU at a NEW Price Point, is in no way a Price-Cut. It terms of suber uber lame examples

Shampoo A 100ml -> $3.99

Shapmoo A 50ml -> $1.99

See that? thats not a price cut, its a smaller sized pack of the same shampoo and priced differenty. Not a price cut, but a different SKU. much like how the Xbox One + Kinect is a different sku from Xbox One without Kinect.

If there were two price cuts, 100 and 5o dollars respectively, than the original SKU, the Xbox One + KInect would now be $349.00

But it isn't is it? That 's because ONLY ONE PRICE-CUT.

Original Xbox One + Kinect = $499.00 Now $449.00

Xbox One WITHOUT Kinect - $400.00 Now $349.00 

See that? only one cut.

I dare anyone to point me to MS cutting the price of the original Xbox One + Kinect bundle TWICE...None? yeah. Coz, Only one Price-CUt.

Actually, the Xbox + Kinect sku is still $499. Not $449. Saw two at next buy yesterday and sticker still says $499. Guess that sku is still being sold after all but same price from launch. 

That would explain why the Microsoft store still has it at $499 too. Weird. Could have sworn that sku was $449 too. Can't believe Microsoft is still selling it at that ridiculous price. 

Around the Network
UltimateGamer1982 said:

Actually, the Xbox + Kinect sku is still $499. Not $449. Saw two at next buy yesterday and sticker still says $499. Guess that sku is still being sold after all but same price from launch. 

That would explain why the Microsoft store still has it at $499 too. Weird. Could have sworn that sku was $449 too. Can't believe Microsoft is still selling it at that ridiculous price. 

500gb is 449, 1TB is 499

Roronaa_chan said:
ils411 said:

Sure, if something like this doesn't constitute a price cut, cause XB1 was 280-300 dollars for most of the holidays 2014, not 350.

And did the price go back up? yup.

was that a price increae then? 

for the uneducated

Price-Cut = lowering or decreasing of the price of an item and offering it a lower price with the SAME value

Price-off = promotion in which the price of an item is temprarily lowered to increase sales or hype with the SAME value

SKU = stock keeping unit

bundling = an item which is tied up with another item to add value and priced at a lower price when compared to buying the two items separately

the more you know..

Cartmanbrah said:
Azuren said:

Forgot about that one but if you're referring to the kinect-less SKU then that isn't a price cut. A price cut is the exact same item with a reduced price. Kinect was taken away so its obvious the price would go down. You are not getting the same item at a lower price. You are getting less for a lower price. 

hmmm... for some strange reason, you remind me of someone i dont like on this forums...

eh.. doesn't matter, its nice to see someone else who gets it. 

ils411 said:
Roronaa_chan said:

the more you know..

It'd also help to know that the topic isn't about a price cut but about a gift card offer which is the same thing I was talking about. If any of you went off topic before I came in that's your problem

Roronaa_chan said:

It'd also help to know that the topic isn't about a price cut but about a gift card offer which is the same thing I was talking about. If any of you went off topic before I came in that's your problem

That's not what the topic creator says. 😒

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7555619

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence