By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - I am voting for Donald Trump, who is with me?

VGPolyglot said:
How about we vote for Bernie Sanders instead?

I live in Sweden and I relate to alot of what Bernie Sanders says. And the US needs someone like him.

Around the Network
Dark_Lord_2008 said:
Lower taxes, roll back the Obama admin changes and strength American borders.
Trump has some good policies that appeal to the silent majority of the American people.
The Republican Party will be strong and united by a strong leader like Trump.
2016 Presidential election is the election that Trump can not lose.

What will strengthen your border do?
What you really need to do is to fix the problem with illegal imagrants (mostly Mexican) working in the US. Besides why should illegel imagrants get punished when there working for Americans? Shouldnt the companies that use these people be punished instead.

Danuch said:
VGPolyglot said:
How about we vote for Bernie Sanders instead?

I live in Sweden and I relate to alot of what Bernie Sanders says. And the US needs someone like him.

It really quite doesn't. Sweden has thousands of politicians like Bernie Sanders because Sweden is a homogenous country (in all ways) with a population less than the U.S's largest metropolitan areas, contained in a relatively geographically isotropic area. There are a few things we can learn from Sweden and similar European countries (such as a strong respect for property rights and financial/investment freedom), but the policies that Bernie Sanders chooses are not them.

It is quite honestly apples to oranges.

It's a moot point. Trump will not get the GOP nomination. And even if by some bizzare turn of events he DID get the nomination, I wouldn't vote for that loud-mouth self promoter if you paid me.

Game_God said:
AZWification said:

I'm not American, but I would never vote for Trump! Not even if he would offer me 1 million dollars and a girlfriend!

You sir, have taken another step on the ladder to heaven (if you believe in religion)!

Wait, I thought it was a _Stairway_ to Heaven?

Around the Network
Superquagsire said:
Aeolus451 said:

Higher minimum wages = higher prices or less work hours or both. 

This is exactly why i can't back someone like Bernie Sanders. He fforgets that raising minumum wage will hurt our economy more than he thinks. No one will be hiring and lots of people are going to get laid off. And we already have a high unemployment rate so it will hurt so many people rather than benefit.

How? The billionaires and multi-millionaires have more money than they will ever use, so how is giving that money to the less fortunate people goign to hurt our economyÉ

VGPolyglot said:
Superquagsire said:

This is exactly why i can't back someone like Bernie Sanders. He fforgets that raising minumum wage will hurt our economy more than he thinks. No one will be hiring and lots of people are going to get laid off. And we already have a high unemployment rate so it will hurt so many people rather than benefit.

How? The billionaires and multi-millionaires have more money than they will ever use, so how is giving that money to the less fortunate people goign to hurt our economyÉ

The bolded is a false premise. They are going to use the money by investing in savings or spending it in the short term.

Other false assumptions you seem to make is that every business that employs people is a multimillion dollar entity, or is greatly profitable. Minimum wage laws hurt small businesses that just make profits and non-profit organizations the most. Minimum wage laws are promoted and endorsed by the same millionaires and billionaires you are demonizing because they know it is the best way to transition their competitive markets into non-competitive ones.

A recent example of a large hierarchial organization taking advantage of minimum wage laws to their benefit can be found in the following article:

http://www.cnbc.com/2015/07/30/la-union-wants-to-be-exempt-from-15-minimum-wage.html

A union that lobbied for a $15 minimum wage law in LA wants to be exempt so that they can undercut the rest of the market and gain more due-paying members (all the people whose labor is worth less than $15/hr.) Does this benefit the workers the union is suppose to represent? Are they getting higher wages? Nope, because they will be making less than $15 /hr. Who it benefits are the higher entities in the union making income equivalent to or exceeding that of the entities employing their member base.

VGPolyglot said:
Superquagsire said:

It's their money though. They earned it or one of their family did. No one else has a right to it just because of their Need. The less fortunate should go to school and get better jobs like they are supposed to.

Raising the minimum wage will increase prices and that hurts everyone.

Game_God said:
Sharpryno said:

Look up his information and statistics for doing so.  Work production has increased vastly and minimum wage stopped increasing along with it.  A lot of this is due to automation and shipping jobs overseas.  Corporation profits have skyrocketed and they even encourage their employees to seek government assistance programs as a result of low paying jobs.  The cost of living has also increased while the minimum wage has remained the same.  It is a broken system.  

Bernie wants to do so much like offer affordable healthcare, free education, ensure the elderly can live off medicare, fund renewable energy infrastructure, ensure corporations PAY taxes by not putting profits in safe havens where they pay ZERO.  Ever since Reagan took office corporations have got away with paying ZERO $ in taxes.  To fund free education he wants to tax wallstreet, the people bailed them out and now its time they do it for us so we can grow as a society.  He is the only candidate that cares about the problems such as racism, the ridiculous non regulated budget for the military and so many other things.  

Go look up his middle class statistics.  It is appaling.  Families make on average less money than they did in 1999.  Ridiculous. 

Are you mad??? Talking sense & backed-up facts to Trumps worshippers. Facts & the truth is for commies!!! Guns mixed with racism & mor $$ to the richest is the Divine word sent to us by God through Saint Trump!!!

Do actually you believe that hyperbole about "Guns mixed with racism & mor $$ to the richest is the Divine word sent to us by God through Saint Trump!!!"?

Aeolus451 said:
Game_God said:

Are you mad??? Talking sense & backed-up facts to Trumps worshippers. Facts & the truth is for commies!!! Guns mixed with racism & mor $$ to the richest is the Divine word sent to us by God through Saint Trump!!!

Do actually you believe that hyperbole about "Guns mixed with racism & mor $$ to the richest is the Divine word sent to us by God through Saint Trump!!!"?

Americans sure seem to like it!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n29CicBxZuw

01001011 01101001 01110011 01110011 00100000 01101101 01111001 00100000 01110011 01101000 01101001 01101110 01111001 00100000 01101101 01100101 01110100 01100001 01101100 00100000 01100001 01110011 01110011 00100001