By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - I am voting for Donald Trump, who is with me?

Edit

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Chris Hu said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Well as I said the real bad parts like the oppression came after the war had started. Before that the Jewish population of Germany wasn't that large, they were a minority and their treatment wasn't as bad during the pre war period. IIRC part of their plans even included sending them to Jerusalem/Israel which is exactly what the allied powers did after the war anyways.

I think you need to brush up on your history the mistreadment of Jews and other minorities in Germany started as soon as the Nazis took power.  The Nuremberg Laws where introduced on the 15th of September 1935.

I'm aware of that and never said they weren't mistreated. Just that they weren't treated as badly as they were during/towards the end of the war.

If it weren't for the 1936 Olypmics the very harsh treatment of Jews and other minorities would have started a lot sooner.  One of the main elements of the Nazi Party always was anti-semitism and racism.

GG spurge, GG.

Anyways, I'd never support Trump.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

funkateer2 said:
I think a country like the US should be able to do better than both of these countries. Less inequality means less crime, happier people, more productivity. The US should be able to have drastically lower tuition fees so that everyone has a chance to be as productive as they can be.

Why do you think that? The U.S is a much more diverse country (with many more people) than The Netherlands and Poland. There is naturally going to be less equality due to this diversity. Minimum wages act as a barrier of entry in the work force for unskilled poor. If anything they increase inequality by forcing unskilled workers to migrate to less opportunistic states, while the middle and upper classes stay in the cities that have a lot of resources which have become only hospitable to them.

As for tuition, community college costs $1,500 per semester ($3,000 per year) and students with high need get federal grants and/or loans to cover their tuition + living expenses. If one goes to community college for two years and then from there to a four year university for another two years, one can graduate with less than $20,000 in debt. I come from a bottom 10% family, with a single parent and I go to a top 20 university (Carnegie Mellon University.) The university covers four-fifths of my approximately $50,000 tuition through private grants, and the rest is covered in federal/state grants and a little bit in loans. I work part-time to decrease my loan debt, and have kept my loans under $20,000 after four years. I will proceed to graduate school and end up with a job in science after I receive my PhD. My starting salary should be somewhere north of $70,000. My mother's income at 48 years old is $11,000 + $4,000 in tips/gratuity.

I will never accept people from other countries or people who have never experience "poverty" in a first world country  telling me that the poor in this country have very little opportunity, when I as a natural-born "poor" person have had a lot of opportunities. I took advantage of these opportunities and worked for where I am in life.

Edit: By the way the population of the U.S is one of the most productive.

Nah, I'll vote for Kanye.

Around the Network

Bernie Sanders~

Though, if Hillary does indeed pull the nomination, I will vote for her in the General.

Not sure who I will vote for, but definately not Trump. Leaning Dr. Ben Carson. I'd vote Kanye over Trump. We all know Hillary Clinton is gonna win. #illuminati jk ;)

AZWification said:

I'm not American, but I would never vote for Trump! Not even if he would offer me 1 million dollars and a girlfriend!

What if supposed free girlfriend is a 10? I mean for a million dollars I might vote for him. Depends where that million is coming from I guess. It's not like my vote is worth a million $. Seems like a good investment. Any candidate who gives me a million I'm down lol. Just PM me ;)

funkateer2 said:
I'm seeing a lot of numbers thrown around here about European minimum wages that are completely false.
In my country, it's less than 70 euro a day, which is about 8.7 euro an hour, which is about 9.75 usd. This is The Netherlands, which is relatively wealthy and the wages are relatively quite equalized here.
In a country like Poland it's more like 3 usd an hour (even less).

I think a country like the US should be able to do better than both of these countries. Less inequality means less crime, happier people, more productivity. The US should be able to have drastically lower tuition fees so that everyone has a chance to be as productive as they can be.

That would be nice but its never going to happen the US will always have the largest wage gap between the people at the top and the people at the bottom its pretty much been that way since the start of the industrial revolution.  Also the highest minum wage as of 2013 was in Australia which is $17.29 per hour or $656.90 per week in Australian Dollars.  In 2013 that was equivalent to $15.58US but at the current exchange rate its $12.19USD. 

hmm