By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazon US October monthly bestsellers and general Amazon based discussion

GribbleGrunger said:
BraLoD said:

Now should be effect

Oh, for GOD'S sake. How God DAMN embarrassing.

You'll get there, don't worry. Affect vs effect is one of the worst things for people to get their head around in English. I now find it pretty easy and intutitive which word to use when I'm writing / speaking. But I still can't easily explain to other people how to choose correctly. Let me give it a try:

When you are having an influence on something you are having an effect: your pokemon's confusion attack was super-effective.

When you are being influenced by something you are being affected: Your opponent's pokemon has been affected by confusion.

OT. Half price GoW remaster selling well, because it is now at the price it should have been when it first launched.

I thought the Halo 5 bundle would be on a steady rise in the charts, so it is strange to me to see it fall back a bit. I expected it to go in one dirtection from here until at least the 20th, and depending on stock availability rise even further from the 20th to the 27th. They should have made the bundle $450. A $100 premium is a good level to pitch this bundle, esp with only giving a digital version of the game. Still I suppose if they sell through 100% of the production run within a few weeks of the game's launch you'd have to conclude that they priced the bundle well in order to get all the sales they wanted and with a $150 premium.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

What will the stories be if Sony wins October?

binary solo said:

You'll get there, don't worry. Affect vs effect is one of the worst things for people to get their head around in English. I now find it pretty easy and intutitive which word to use when I'm writing / speaking. But I still can't easily explain to other people how to choose correctly. Let me give it a try:

When you are having an influence on something you are having an effect: your pokemon's confusion attack was super-effective.

When you are being influenced by something you are being affected: Your opponent's pokemon has been affected by confusion.

OT. Half price GoW remaster selling well, because it is now at the price it should have been when it first launched.

I thought the Halo 5 bundle would be on a steady rise in the charts, so it is strange to me to see it fall back a bit. I expected it to go in one dirtection from here until at least the 20th, and depending on stock availability rise even further from the 20th to the 27th. They should have made the bundle $450. A $100 premium is a good level to pitch this bundle, esp with only giving a digital version of the game. Still I suppose if they sell through 100% of the production run within a few weeks of the game's launch you'd have to conclude that they priced the bundle well in order to get all the sales they wanted and with a $150 premium.

You haven't got a clue how embarrassing it is for me. I was (and hopefully still am) an aspiring writer and in the past have had several short stories published. I recently got back to it and have forgotten so much. Generally speaking 'effect' is a noun (sometimes a verb) and 'affect' is a verb.

The PS5 Exists. 

BraLoD said:
#13 PS4 TLOUR
#25 PS4 NDC

#31 PS4 Batttlefront LE
#32 XBO Halo
#47 PS4 COD
#52 PS4 Destiny
#63 XBO Forza
#98 N3DS
#99 XBO Gears

I  don't see how people think the PS4 won't sell more this month and the Destiny bundle will be higher once it is restocked.Unlike the Halo 5 bundle,the PS4 bundles are already released that I mentioned which means they are actually being purchased.

Abun said:

I  don't see how people think the PS4 won't sell more this month and the Destiny bundle will be higher once it is restocked.Unlike the Halo 5 bundle,the PS4 bundles are already released that I mentioned which means they are actually being purchased.

For three main reasons:

a/ Halo is likely to sell a hell of a lot of bundles on release day
b/ Preorders
c/ We're only half way through the month and it's too early to call.

It's currently still favouring a PS4 win though. To judge this month for PS4 sales we look at 'what is' but for the XB1 sales we look at 'what if', and that's telling.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

If the Halo bundle is limited than it does not matter how much t sells.Amazon has been right this entire generation and the Halo bundle is not even as high as the Titanfall bundle.The bundle releases in less than a week and its not even top 20.What is should be the only thing that matters.What if the Halo bundle bombs?

Abun said:
If the Halo bundle is limited than it does not matter how much t sells.Amazon has been right this entire generation and the Halo bundle is not even as high as the Titanfall bundle.The bundle releases in less than a week and its not even top 20.What is should be the only thing that matters.What if the Halo bundle bombs?

Like I said, we'll have to wait and see because it's only half way through the month. Halo has to at least crack the top 20 without a PS4 bundle above it before it becomes a closer race. The halo bunlde preorders haven't set the Amazon charts on fire which is in stark contrast to the Destiny bundle and the Star Wars bundle, so I think they WILL make a difference but by how much I don't know. I'm still giving the PS4 the win IF it stays this way.

Use the quote function if you answer me. That way I can see if you've responded.

The PS5 Exists. 

3 hours since last update:

#12 PS4 TLOUR Bundle (up 1)*
#25 PS4 Nathan Drake Bundle (same)*
#29 XB1 Halo Bundle (up 3)*
#32 PS4 Star Wars Bundle (down 1)
#47 PS4 Black Ops Bundle (same)
#57 PS4 Destiny Bundle (down 5)*
#67 XB1 Forza Bundle (down 4)*
#90 XB1 Gears Bundle (up 9)*
#94 N3DS (up 4)*

*affect this month

PS4 5 out of 6 bundles in the top 100
XB1 3 out of 9 bundles in the top 100

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:

4 hours since last update:

#16 PS4 TLOUR Bundle (down 4)*
#27 PS4 Nathan Drake Bundle (down 1)*
#30 XB1 Halo Bundle (down 3)*
#31 PS4 Star Wars Bundle (down 2)
#49 PS4 Destiny Bundle (down 1)*
#51 PS4 Black Ops Bundle (down 1)
#77 XB1 Forza Bundle (down 5)*

*Affects this month

PS4 - 5 out of 6 bundles in the top 100
XB1 - 2 out of 9 bundles in the top 100

October part 1 goes to the PS4 and now we see how part 2 works out. Fun times. I do not believe that the Halo preorders will have outweighed the PS4 sales in the first half of October and has to do much better next half for the preorders to have any real effect. At this point in the month I have absolutely no doubt the PS4 has won October but of course that could all change dramatically in the next 16 days.

Halo bundle release the 20th october, right ?

Abun said:
If the Halo bundle is limited

Remember the "limited" Assasin Creed bundle?

This month is looking good for the PS4. The month I bet on the Xbox One too...  >.>