By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazon US October monthly bestsellers and general Amazon based discussion

GribbleGrunger said:

Last updated 7 hours ago:

#12 PS4 TLOUR Bundle (same)*
#27 PS4 Star Wars Bundle (down 1)
#29 XB1 Halo Bundle (up 5)*
#31 PS4 Nathan Drake Bundle (down 3)*
#50 PS4 Black Ops Bundle (up 4)
#66 PS4 Destiny Bundle (down 7)*
#75 XB1 Forza Bundle (up 12)*
#84 PS4 Star Wars Standard Bundle (up 10)

PS4 - 6 out of 6 bundles in the top 100
XB1 - 2 out of 9 bundles in the top 100

* Effects this months sales

Affects would be the more commonly used word here. Though if you mean these bundles facilitate sales then effects is correct (The effect of these bundles is an increase in sales of PS4 for the month). If you just means these bundles are counted in the sales for October then affects is correct.

RE destiny bundle re-stocking. I see there is no longer an Amazon 1st party "on back order" option. So I assume that means no resupply, which means Sony stopped producing the LE consoles. I don;t think it was a decision made based on how the TLOUR bundle is selling after the price cut because Sony would have needed to make a manufacturing decision abou tthe LE console well before the implementation of the price cut. Sony would probably have made the call not to do another manufacturing run of Destiny consoles in September. I would think the focus would be on churning out CoD and Star Wars LE bundles now and they need the factory capacity to make these units. My guess is that not all manufacturing sites are set up to make LE consoles so they have to prioritise manufacturing, and the priority now is making sure the November bundles are delivered to all theose who have made pre-orders, which will still be rolling in. It seems like a very unusual situation to have so many LE consoles on the market at once and so it's not at all surprising that the Destiny bundle has been stopped in advance of CoD and SW. That makes 5 LE consoles in a single year (incl MGSV, though that wasn't in the USA right?), which is a lot considering, IIRC, PS3 had none for the entire generation.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
binary solo said:
GribbleGrunger said:

Last updated 7 hours ago:

#12 PS4 TLOUR Bundle (same)*
#27 PS4 Star Wars Bundle (down 1)
#29 XB1 Halo Bundle (up 5)*
#31 PS4 Nathan Drake Bundle (down 3)*
#50 PS4 Black Ops Bundle (up 4)
#66 PS4 Destiny Bundle (down 7)*
#75 XB1 Forza Bundle (up 12)*
#84 PS4 Star Wars Standard Bundle (up 10)

PS4 - 6 out of 6 bundles in the top 100
XB1 - 2 out of 9 bundles in the top 100

* Effects this months sales

Affects would be the more commonly used word here. Though if you mean these bundles facilitate sales then effects is correct (The effect of these bundles is an increase in sales of PS4 for the month). If you just means these bundles are counted in the sales for October then affects is correct.

RE destiny bundle re-stocking. I see there is no longer an Amazon 1st party "on back order" option. So I assume that means no resupply, which means Sony stopped producing the LE consoles. I don;t think it was a decision made based on how the TLOUR bundle is selling after the price cut because Sony would have needed to make a manufacturing decision abou tthe LE console well before the implementation of the price cut. Sony would probably have made the call not to do another manufacturing run of Destiny consoles in September. I would think the focus would be on churning out CoD and Star Wars LE bundles now and they need the factory capacity to make these units. My guess is that not all manufacturing sites are set up to make LE consoles so they have to prioritise manufacturing, and the priority now is making sure the November bundles are delivered to all theose who have made pre-orders, which will still be rolling in. It seems like a very unusual situation to have so many LE consoles on the market at once and so it's not at all surprising that the Destiny bundle has been stopped in advance of CoD and SW. That makes 5 LE consoles in a single year (incl MGSV, though that wasn't in the USA right?), which is a lot considering, IIRC, PS3 had none for the entire generation.

Damn it. Why couldn't you have spotted that error before? I've just been copy and pasting that mistake for over a week now lol.

The PS5 Exists. 

LordPhil said:
Namiirei said:
September NPD is tomorrow ?

Apparently it was delayed until monday Oct. 19.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=180438342&postcount=1

Makes sense. End of the NPD month was 5 Oct, I believe, and 2nd Thursday being the 15th doesn't give NPD a whole lot of time to pull all the data together and report it to its paying customers.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

GribbleGrunger said:
Perhaps the Destiny bundle isn't gong to be restocked. If you click on the Destiny bundle it gives you no other optional bundles were as before it gave you all six bundles. When you click on any of the remaining five bundles, it gives you only five bundles without the Destiny bundle were as before it gave you all six.

The new restock date for the bundle has been pushed back to October 21.

#14 PS4 TLOUR Bundle *
#27 PS4 Star Wars Limited Edition Bundle
#29 PS4 Nathan Drake Bundle *
#35 XB1 Halo Bundle *
#57 PS4 Destiny Bundle*
#62 PS4 Black Ops Bundle
#75 XB1 Forza Bundle *
#91 XB1 Gears of War Bundle*
#100 XB1 Madden NFL 16 Bundle*

5 PS4 Bundle Vs 4 XB1 Bundle
*Affects this month

Around the Network

any word about sales from gaf insiders?

Namiirei said:
September NPD is tomorrow ?

No. Monday.

Interesting discussion on gaf npd prediction thread at the moment.

One gaffer says currently on Twitter, COD and battlefront are trending better than halo 5, which is shocking considering its halo and it launches in 5-6 days.

Another says he believes Microsoft is producing a low number of halo 5 LE consoles, basically for the diehards who are willing to pay the $500. How low a number isn't known but if you remember back last year with the white sunset overdrive LE bundle, that was extremely limited produced. I think it was under 50,000 if memory serves. Could be wrong.

Plus overall hype seems a lot more muted compared to older entries and marketing doesn't seem as high yet for a game coming out next week.

Just a few of the recent quotes gaf has posted. Make of it what you will.

:)

UltimateGamer1982 said:

One gaffer says currently on Twitter, COD and battlefront are trending better than halo 5, which is shocking considering its halo and it launches in 5-6 days.

Another says he believes Microsoft is producing a low number of halo 5 LE consoles, basically for the diehards who are willing to pay the $500. How low a number isn't known but if you remember back last year with the white sunset overdrive LE bundle, that was extremely limited produced. I think it was under 50,000 if memory serves. Could be wrong.

Plus overall hype seems a lot more muted compared to older entries and marketing doesn't seem as high yet for a game coming out next week.

can you link me? :D

bananaking21 said:
UltimateGamer1982 said:

can you link me? :D

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1119104&page=17

That's the page I was reading. All recent posts. Enjoy :)