By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazon US October monthly bestsellers and general Amazon based discussion

GribbleGrunger said:

#09 PS4 Star Wars Bundle
#15 PS4 TLOUR Bundle
#19 PS4 Nathan Drake Bundle
#29 PS4 Destiny Bundle
#34 PS4 Black Ops Bundle
#41 XB1 Halo Bundle
#48 PS4 Star Wars Standard Bundle
#72 XB1 Gears Bundle
#93 XB1 Forza Bundle

I think it's very likely the PS4 will win November and December just because of the Star Wars bundle. The preorders for the Star Wars Bundle are consistent and incredibly high. Then when November hits, the sales should improve further. In December, when the film releases, the game should get a further boost and Black Ops 3 will have released. All this without Bloodborne DLC which will be packaged similarly to the new Destiny Bundle. Then you have games like Fat Princess, Dragon's Quest Heroes and The Tomorrow Children. If Sony need to revitalise sales it would be a simple matter of adding one or two of the many games they've released earlier in the year (the advantage Sony have that MS doesn't).

edit: I just remembered that Sony are also likely to have an Assassins Creed bundle too. $300 for an XB1 or MS don't stand a chance.

I hope for:

PS4 Black Ops Standard Bundle

PS4 Family Bundle

PS4 Assassin's Creed Standard Bundle

PS4 Destiny Bundle restocked

Around the Network

#12 PS4 Star Wars bundle (down 1)
#15 PS4 TLOUR Bundle (down 1)
#24 PS4 Nathan Drake Bundle (same)
#37 PS4 Black Ops Bundle (down 4)
#40 PS4 Destiny Bundle (down 1)

#41 XB1 Halo Bundle (down 4)
#56 PS4 Star Wars Standard Bundle (up 3)
#86 XB1 Gears Bundle (down 4)
#94 XB1 Forza Bundle (up 6)
#98 XB1 Madden Bundle (re-entry)

PS4 - 6
Xb1 - 4

The PS5 Exists. 

Will this be the last thread if amazon fails to correctly predict the winner? I mean who wants to listen to a false prophet.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:

Will this be the last thread if amazon fails to correctly predict the winner? I mean who wants to listen to a false prophet.

With a 100% record for two years, I don't give a damn if Amazon is wrong occasionally, I'm still going to invest in what it tells us. If a tipster kept telling you which horse to bet on and he was right 24 times but was wrong the 25th time, would you seriously not take his advice anymore? Of course you's take his advice again.

The PS5 Exists. 

jason1637 said:
PS4 is doing great Microsoft needs to respond to win but if they dont respond they could be more profitable this year.

If MS doesn't respond it's pretty much admission they have no chance of winning. That is actually not a bad thing though. If they concentrate on trying to be profitable and get reasonable sales, which they are getting in the USA, then Xbox remains viable and MS is taking a long term view. If they go hard for the win by cutting price or making huge bundles and losing money then they are only likely to win the holidays in North America by a modest amount, PS4 will remain ahead and long term Xbox becomes less viable.

If Phil Spencer's latest PR is to be believed then MS won't respond, because MS is no longer about beating PS4 but all about selling Xb one. The only reason to cut prices and make even bigger bundles is in response to the PS4 price cut and an attempt to try to beat PS4 this holidays.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
vivster said:

With a 100% record for two years, I don't give a damn if Amazon is wrong occasionally, I'm still going to invest in what it tells us. If a tipster kept telling you which horse to bet on and he was right 24 times but was wrong the 25th time, would you seriously not take his advice anymore? Of course you's take his advice again.

I'd be a millionaire after the 10th tip so I'd be long gone :P

I just don't want to get my hopes up. It would be way too awesome if PS4 won October. Gaf and VGC would explode and take the rest of the internet with them.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:

I'd be a millionaire after the 10th tip so I'd be long gone :P

I just don't want to get my hopes up. It would be way too awesome if PS4 won October. Gaf and VGC would explode and take the rest of the internet with them.

MS have used different channels for some of their bundles so there IS an outside chance it won't be as clear cut as Amazon is suggesting. The Tombraider bundles isn't on Amazon but I don't think it's going to do that well to be honest. Overall I think it's safe to assume Amazon will perform as usual. BUT this is early days and anthing can happen. It's best to wait for the 27th and see what the picture looks like then. If the present state of the top 100 persists up to that point, I'm calling a PS4 win. We're talking about Halo here and a bundle that launches in 15 days. There are 5 PS4 bundles above it at the moment and it's not fallen below 4 bundles above it. That's NOT a good sign for the success of the Halo bundle. To be honest, I don't think MS care. As Spencer has recently pointed out, it's profit that matters to him, which (for me) is the reason the Halo bundle is so expensive.

The PS5 Exists. 

vivster said:

Technically Amazon won't be wrong though. During the month of October PS4 will probably sell more than Xb one, as in the number of transactions that take place in October. However lots of Xb one's pre-sold during August and September when Halo 5 was on pre-order. And when you bring those pre-orders into October it probably gives Xb one the win. Amazon counts pre-orders as sales during the month the pre-order transaction is made. NPD of course only counts sales when a console is delivered to the customer. Hence in some months when pre-orders are a factor Amazon might not show the highest selling console as having the highest selling sku on the chart.

Besides, you can blame ioi for the existence of these threads. With the lack of regular, quality sales data coming from this website the vacuum has to be filled somehow, and Amazon seems to be the best predictor of relative PS4/Xb one sales in the USA.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

GribbleGrunger said:
vivster said:

I hope you are aware of the fact that Amazon didn't correctly predict the winner on december 2013.

Teeqoz said:

I hope you are aware of the fact that Amazon didn't correctly predict the winner on december 2013.

I can't remember but were preorders involved? You have to take those into consideration when assessing the accuracy of Amazon. For instance, this months numbers won't include the Star Wars Bundle or the Black Ops Bundle, but there are still the TLOUR Bundle, Destiny Bundle and Nathan Drake Bundle which have been consistantly above the Halo bundle.

The PS5 Exists.