By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazon US October monthly bestsellers and general Amazon based discussion

SWORDF1SH said:

It doesn't really matter about indivual SKUs going up to prove if a game is a system seller. It's all about overal sales. If you are going to buy a console and every console is bundled, might as well get something that you like with it. Doesn't mean that you bought the console for that game. With the price cut coming exactly on NDC launch, we have no data to prove that the spike in PS4 sales was due to UDC.

I've given this some thought and I'm now more inclined to agree with you. It IS more likely that it's the success of the PS4 combined with the price cut rather than the game pushing the console. Agreed.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
Pionner said:
Destiny bundle now has the $50 GC at Target-

http://www.target.com/s?searchTerm=console&category=9975893|All|matchallpartial+rel+ALL|video+games&kwr=y&lnk=lnav_narrow%20by%20category_1&ipr=#navigation=true&searchTerm=console&sortBy=bestselling&Nao=0&viewType=medium&category=9975893|All|matchallpartial

That's the same deal as before. They've just forgotten to take it down and now it applies to the $350 bundle. You should be able to get the Destiny bundle for $300 if you act quickly enough.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
SWORDF1SH said:

It doesn't really matter about indivual SKUs going up to prove if a game is a system seller. It's all about overal sales. If you are going to buy a console and every console is bundled, might as well get something that you like with it. Doesn't mean that you bought the console for that game. With the price cut coming exactly on NDC launch, we have no data to prove that the spike in PS4 sales was due to UDC.

I've given this some thought and I'm now more inclined to agree with you. It IS more likely that it's the success of the PS4 combined with the price cut rather than the game pushing the console. Agreed.

NDC will no doubt move extra consoles especially with a good marketing campaign but I expect it to be minimal and not really considered a console seller. Uncharted 4 on the other hand , will be a different story.

You guys seem to be able to see where certain console are in the ranking. I was curious to where the XboxOne Elite console is on the charts? Also any idea why they would wait until the 1st of december to release this console? The controller comes out at the end of the month, the only other difference is the HSSD and matte finish I think.

B-Real206 said:
You guys seem to be able to see where certain console are in the ranking. I was curious to where the XboxOne Elite console is on the charts? Also any idea why they would wait until the 1st of december to release this console? The controller comes out at the end of the month, the only other difference is the HSSD and matte finish I think.

The Bundle is currently ranked #787

Edit: If you go to this link http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014PZTAME?keywords=xbox%20one%20elite%20bundle&qid=1444500371&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

And scroll down to the 'Product Details' section, you'll see:

Domestic Shipping:

International Shipping

ASIN:

Media:

Release Date:

Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #787 in Video Games, #14 in Video Games > Xbox One > Consoles

Around the Network

^^ If you scroll down to product details on the page for the elite console. It gives the bestsellers rank in there. Currently #787.

And doh too slow.

Jaxyfoo said:

^^ If you scroll down to product details on the page for the elite console. It gives the bestsellers rank in there. Currently #787.

And doh too slow.

lol, I think you probably had the additional detail in there before me, but basically at the same time as you posted this I went back and did the EDIT, because I figured I could share the knowledge so they know where to look in the future :)

B-Real206 said:

#775  Strangely endough it was removed from the Xbox One main page.

Thanks ya'll!

GribbleGrunger said:
Bryank75 said:
GribbleGrunger said:
Bryank75 said:

But is it just cannibalising other sales?

Could you elaborate?

Is the Halo bundle actually increasing the sales potential of X1? Would these buyers opt for one of the other bundles if this bundle was not an option? MS unveiled 5/6 budles last week, none of them seem to have been very successful.... is this due to having a fairly stagnant fanbase? Or have they been conditioned into waiting for Black Friday? Both are significant problems if you are MS.... 

Ah, I see what you mean. What about price though? It's not the cheapest bundle.

Could be the silver lining, at least if it is cannibalising, they are makig more from it.