By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazon US October monthly bestsellers and general Amazon based discussion

BraLoD said:
Destiny bundle finally dropping a little.
Seems like it did sell a lot when the price cut happened, as it's keeping so high for a good time after it was out of stock, so I guess it sold really well really fast.

Just imagine what an official price cut at every retailer and nationwide would do for ps4's sales :) 

Around the Network
BraLoD said:

I don't think it'll be $100, it'll be $50.
This last three months of the year is when retailers/stores start doing promotions on their own, so it may seems like the value is pointing to a bigger cut than $50 but that's not all on Sony, if part from the relailers/stores interest and business tatics.

I added a little more. Let's see what happens :)

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
BraLoD said:

I don't think it'll be $100, it'll be $50.
This last three months of the year is when retailers/stores start doing promotions on their own, so it may seems like the value is pointing to a bigger cut than $50 but that's not all on Sony, if part from the relailers/stores interest and business tatics.

I added a little more. Let's see what happens :)

As unlikely as it seems,, if Sony goes 299, what do you think will happen. 

gears bundle back in the top 100

CosmicSex said:

Stock shortages. I'm also going to be interested to see what effect the Star Wars Beta has on PS4 sales. The game is 900p on the PS4 and 700p on the XB1. That could be a huge deciding factor even beore the marketing deal fully kicks in.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
CosmicSex said:

Virgin 2.0 :

CosmicSex said:

Not only would there be an initial stock shortage (assuming demand can't be met) it would create an artificial increase in demand.

Think about how when Wii was sold out everywhere for so long, people were more likely to pick it up on impulse that might have wated since it was actually in stock and is usually sold out.

Namiirei said:
CosmicSex said:

Virgin 2.0 :

LOL, thats God Tier.
That is fucking frightening

If Sony does a $100 price cut, I am confident that they have the stock to back it up, and a price cut like that seals the holidays for them in the US.

riecsou said:
SWORDF1SH said:

It bothers me when people shut down opinions without really putting a decent argument across but you have proven that you do actually know what you're talking about and not some blind idiot. As it stands right now, October looks like it's in the bag for Sony but I'm still wary of what Halo could do at the end of the month and for the rest of the holiday.

We are all blind to what will happen on BF and that is always the key to winning the holiday. Will we see $300 X1s with gift vouchers free XBL etc. Will Sony drop the price. Will the Halo LE bundle drop to $400??? This is why I said it will be an intriguing battle this holiday to begin with. MS might have to do more to win the holiday but history shows us that they always are the most aggressive on BF.

And I totally get you. The trend right now seems to point a win for PS4 in october NPD, but I am guessing also there is just no way that MS is going to allow to loose October NPD, the month Halo launches. So I am expecting some desperate deals at the end of the month.

Remember the Titanfall month? The deals of the xbox one were amazing, MS totally went for the win, but the "not so available" PS4, selling out as soon as it becomes available, was able to win the month. So yeah like you I don't believe MS will just be standing by and wait for the outcome, they will try to push the outcome at their favor same way they did last holidays. But this time, sony has the COD bunbles and a room for price cut. It is going to be an interesting holidays. I think PS4 has the edge because of the room they have to do a price cut ( a $100 price cut and it is game over). But MS deep pockets and desperate mode are the only weapons that MS has in order to battle the PS4 in the US this holidays.

All of that would be a wasted effort just to say "we won October" which would hurt them in the long run.They already put too much into Halo as is.What do they really gain from selling more int he holiday months when they get out sold the entire year?MS needs to be thinking long term for both exclusive games and sales.