By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazon US October monthly bestsellers and general Amazon based discussion

BraLoD said:
GribbleGrunger said:
BraLoD said:

It's still not ahead of the major cards, that $60 is not as consistent and those top 3 cards that are always there.
Being #4 is a good position, but cracking the top 3 is what means, at least to me, that it's doing really well, as beating those cards is not an easy task.

Yeah, beating those cards basically means it's getting incredible sales, whilst being just below them means it's selling great sales. That's how I see it anyway.

#04 PS4 Destiny Bundle
#28 PS4 TLOUR Bundle
#53 XB1 Halo Bundle
#72 PS4 Black Ops Bundle
#75 PS4 Star Wars Bundle
#81 XB1 Madden Bundle
#90 PS4 Fool's Edition
#98 XB1 Gears Bundle

Even if it was only the TLOUR bundle you'd still have to give the month to the PS4 so far. If this continues I can't see MS winning the month. Yes, Halo is likely to sell a lot of bundles but not only does it have to sell more than what the PS4 has already sold throughout the month, but it's also now got to sell much more than the Destiny bundle because I doubt that's going to drop out of the top 20 by the end of the month.

If we are too see the official price cut really soon, so all bundles get $50 slashed from them, Amazon would need to be finally proven wrong because there is no way the PS4 won't win the month there.
Halo will move the most software, though, by far.

Amazon can't really be proven wrong in October because of the fact that the Halo bundle has been on pre-order since before October. Any month where a super-massive exclusive game is being released and there is a LE console in the mix for that game that has been available for pre-order since before the start of the month of release all bets are off. It's pretty much the exception to the Amazon rule. Xb one was always likely to win NPD for October, but with the gift card deals at various retailers and a likely official price cut happening before the month ends a little bit of uncertainty has crept in about whether Xb one will win NPD for October. The only real thing of interest for Amazon rankings this month is how high or low the current Xb one offerings are in the charts, but really Amazon gives us nor real guide as to how NPD will turn out.

If by some miracle PS4 does win NPD for October then Xb one is really in deep shit. The Halo LE bundle ships on 20 October which means Xb one gets 2 NPD weeks of hardware boost from Halo, not just one. So there is no way anyone can legitimately claim that PS4 would only win Oct NPD because Halo 5 releases so late in the month. 2 NPD weeks of Halo 5 hardware shipments is plenty enough for Xb one to win NPD if Halo still has the pulling power it did last gen.

Also, yep Destiny LE bundle is out of stock and on back order for 14 Oct. So expect it to drop in the hourlies quite far and then jump back up on the 14th/15th. Question is whether the other PS4 skus will drop in price over the next couple of days. Impressive to sell through the entire LE stock within the space of a few hours. There is clearly plenty of demand for PS4 at $349.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
BraLoD said:

I doubt it'll be as big as it was in the 360 era, as its system doesn't dominate USA anymore, but it'll be big.
Dunno what people are expecting, though.

I was expecting the XB1 to take the month but not by as many as people thought, and then, after watching Amazon, I thought it was even possible for the PS4 to steal the month, but now, with the price drop, I really don't know what to think. Sony could win this month. In fact, if it doesn't change until the 27th, I'm going to say Sony takes October.

The PS5 Exists. 

binary solo said:

Amazon can't really be proven wrong in October because of the fact that the Halo bundle has been on pre-order since before October. Any month where a super-massive exclusive game is being released and there is a LE console in the mix for that game that has been available for pre-order since before the start of the month of release all bets are off. It's pretty much the exception to the Amazon rule. Xb one was always likely to win NPD for October, but with the gift card deals at various retailers and a likely official price cut happening before the month ends a little bit of uncertainty has crept in about whether Xb one will win NPD for October. The only real thing of interest for Amazon rankings this month is how high or low the current Xb one offerings are in the charts, but really Amazon gives us nor real guide as to how NPD will turn out.

If by some miracle PS4 does win NPD for October then Xb one is really in deep shit. The Halo LE bundle ships on 20 October which means Xb one gets 2 NPD weeks of hardware boost from Halo, not just one. So there is no way anyone can legitimately claim that PS4 would only win Oct NPD because Halo 5 releases so late in the month. 2 NPD weeks of Halo 5 hardware shipments is plenty enough for Xb one to win NPD if Halo still has the pulling power it did last gen.

Destiny was on preorder too and judging by it's position now ahead of the Halo bundle, it would be easy to assume it got better preorder numbers than Halo. It was constantly in the top 20 when it was on preorder while the Halo bundle hasn't been anywhere near that high. And now, on the eve of Halo laumching, the Destiny bundle is topping the charts. I think Destiny is stealing the Halo crowd and so Sony could take October.

The PS5 Exists. 

I expect Halo to lose steam due to how oversaturated the FPS genre has become.With Destiny still kicking and BO3 and BF obviously being the bigger shooters this fall it takes away from the impact that Halo could have had,plus let's not forget that when Halo 3 released Live was still the leading online gaming network and PSN has taken the throne since then.

BTW I told people that BC in the X1 would not change the sales landscape.Where are all those people who said the X1 had an advantage because you could play a few 360 games on the X1 now?

GribbleGrunger said:
binary solo said:

Destiny was on preorder too and judging by it's position now ahead of the Halo bundle, it would be easy to assume it got better preorder numbers than Halo.

Indeed, but in terms of Amazon's predictive value the Destiny bundle pre-orders don't break the Amazon rule because PS4 is the leading console and therefore on the month of release PS4 was still tracking ahead of Xb one through the month. Also even though Destiny is very popular, it seems, it's not the defining game franchise of the Playstation brand. Whereas Halo is Xbox and Xbox is Halo. Without the promise of Halo 5 Xb one would not have sold what it has to date, let alone the boost Halo is going to give Halo when it actually launches. It's why MS cannot drop the Halo franchise ever unless if departs console gaming entirely. It's the amazing thing about Playstation. Gran Turismo aside, Playstation can let popular franchises go and still sell loads of consoles. No one is batting an eye at the idea of Uncharted 4 being the final Uncharted game. Lots of people wand Sony Santa Monica to move on from God of War (or at least move on from Kratos). A significant number of people want TLOU to be a stand alone game. Killzone looks like it's coming to an end.

Even with GT, if Sony hadn't screwed up the launch of Driveclub it's quite possible that Driveclub could have taken over as the premier racer franchise for Playstation. 

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

Destiny bundle went out of stock on amazon.
Only 3rd parties and back to regular price now.

ihh said:
Destiny bundle went out of stock on amazon.
Only 3rd parties and back to regular price now.

Once they restock it,wow.

BraLoD said:

Well, there is still a lot to happen.

Until I see news about an official price cut to the PS4 by Sony, I still don't know what to think as well.

In a way though, the fact neither of us know what to think, shows how much things have changed from earlier in the year. We'd all assumed it was just the fact that the PS4 had a steady flow of games but it appears it's not just that.

The PS5 Exists. 

Abun said:
I expect Halo to lose steam due to how oversaturated the FPS genre has become.With Destiny still kicking and BO3 and BF obviously being the bigger shooters this fall it takes away from the impact that Halo could have had,plus let's not forget that when Halo 3 released Live was still the leading online gaming network and PSN has taken the throne since then.

BTW I told people that BC in the X1 would not change the sales landscape.Where are all those people who said the X1 had an advantage because you could play a few 360 games on the X1 now?

True but BC isn't available yet for the general public I thought? Isn't that later in the year? 

The general public probably isn't aware of it yet since Microsoft hasn't really started the marketing campaign for it yet. 

UltimateGamer1982 said:

True but BC isn't available yet for the general public I thought? Isn't that later in the year? 

The general public probably isn't aware of it yet since Microsoft hasn't really started the marketing campaign for it yet. 

If MS are smart, they'll announce the BC and announce a trade in program similtaniously. I reckon that's what they'll do.

The PS5 Exists.